Pediatricians

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 10:02 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Have you started looking for a pediatrician?
Do you know if there is a new patient appointment that is required before you can continue to use that provider for your child?

February 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're just going to take the baby to our family doctor. She's fantastic with kids. She's the first doctor we've had that Fiona hasn't been terrified of!

February 20th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
At the hospital i'm part of what they call Family Medicine. They do obstetrics, pediatrics and everyone inbetween. They're all family doctors who have various specialties. I see my doctor there, so does DD and the new baby is automatically a patient

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even begun to think about this! Ugh, so many things!! I didn't even think about it until now....

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
February 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
This post was inspired by the lovely fact that the doctor my kids we're assigned to has a 6 month wait for new patient appointments. Are you kidding me? I was furious.

I have no idea who I will take Payson to. I'm going to talk to my midwife to get some recommendations. And see if they take tricare. Blah!

February 20th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Thats ridiculous. I started seeing my doctor in the summer time when I was pregnant and I was told that DD would have to be on a waiting list. After I miscarried I didn't go back until I was pregnant again and she immediately send an email to the clinic and demanded DD be put in as a patient since she was under my care and the baby would be as well and that it would be ridiculous to take both children to different doctors. Do you want a pediatrician or would you be okay with a family doctor? perhaps you could find a family doctor your happy with and the entire family could go to one place

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 20th, 2013, 10:58 AM
This is a family doctor. Sigh.

February 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love DDs pediatrician so I will be taking this little guy to her also.

February 20th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping to put this decision off for another month. we're mailing out job applications this week, so hopefully we'll know if we're moving to another state in the next month or so. If it turns out we're staying, I'll really put forth an effort into finding a doctor for the baby. Too many long term decisions built around the fact that we might be moving right after the baby is born...

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
February 20th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubby's brother will start working at our hospital right after Eli is born... so he will get to have his uncle as his doctor
February 20th, 2013, 11:47 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my pediatrician for Bourne, so we will keep her for Bodhi. I found her through my OB. She was on the list of recommended Pedi's last time.
February 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I like our Pediatrician with both girls so I plan to take him there too.
February 20th, 2013, 11:58 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Unfortunately, I had to go through the process again this time around since we are moving out of state. I LOVED my ped I found for Connor. Basically, I just asked around my local mommies group for recommendations, telling a little about what I was looking for (pro-breastfeeding, extended BF'ing, delayed vaccines, etc).

My ped with Connor was SO awesome, she would always tell me not to worry about his low weight (he was always in the 10-20th percentiles) saying as long as he was growing in the right direction there was no concerns, and how he didn't need anything except breast milk for his first year of life. She never questioned my wanting to delay vaccines and not give him 15 vaccines at once.... She was just awesome. I'm really going to miss her, and I hope I've found one who is just as awesome! From the reviews and what others are saying about this new ped, they should be even MORE awesome, as they are known for their more natural approach to things. Fingers crossed!!

February 20th, 2013, 12:13 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We don't go to a pediatrician. There aren't any within 2 hours of us. We've always just gone to our family doctor(s). Most likely, the doctor handling my pregnancy care will handle baby's care once he/she is here. We go to a family clinic where we can see any of the 4 doctors there, and I don't mind seeing any of them. It's nice because we don't have to worry about long waits to get in ... if one doctor is unavailable, we can just see someone else.
February 20th, 2013, 12:18 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luckily our pediatrician is also my dad's cousin so we are good to go. There are 5 other doctors in her practice though and its affiliated with Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia so whoever is on call when baby is born is who we will see in the hospital for the first few days.

Love that its already set up with CHOP so god forbid I ever need to take this one or my older one to the hospital their entire files are already in the system. I don't need to remember to bring anything except the kid!

February 20th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love M's pediatrician and plan to stick with him. He knows I am pregnant and it didn't seem like adding a new patient would be an issue. But I should probably call the office sometime and make sure that is okay. I know he works with the OB office too and they do combined postpartum/tiny baby appts, you can stay in the office to see both drs one after the other, which is sooo convenient!

February 20th, 2013, 01:45 PM
It's seriously ridiculous, I don't use the doctor very often but when I do I would like to be able to get in to see one. I'm okay with waiting a month for a new patient because its not urgent but any longer is just insane to me. David has to have a physical before entering the first grade and I knew I had a wait before so I called early, little did I know. I loved Everett's ped in San Diego, he was awesome. Sigh so annoying!

February 20th, 2013, 02:08 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I will be using the same pediatrician I have been with since Jocelyn first came home from the NICU. She doesn't even take new patients--only new children of existing patients and even then for a well child check up she has a 6 week wait or so because she is sooooo busy. She is fantastic though, so she is absolutely worth the wait.

February 20th, 2013, 02:16 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our midwives do post-natal care until 6 weeks, and after that we'll just take him to DD's ped. She's okay...I'm not in love with her but she's nice enough and we're not there to be friends. I like our visits to be short and sweet.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 20th, 2013, 04:00 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a consultation with a doctor in a very highly recommended Ped office in our area. We loved the doctor. I was stressing over the process but it turned out to be very easy. I wish the daycare search could be this easy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search