Regular Check Up Today

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 10:59 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Went decent. BP was great, gained 5 lbs, hbeat was 159 and they had to chase baby to get it.

I am having contractions. Nothing consistent but constant daily. We discussed bed rest and possibility of it. Going to see doc again in 2 weeks instead of my next monthly scheduled one. So just hoping these slow down (doc said now that they have started they aren't going away) and he is disappointed they have started so early. But hoping that taking it easy and keep doing my weekly progesterone shots will help prevent me from bed rest period or at least until later down the line.

~Kristin~
February 21st, 2013, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I heard that the progesterone is 90% effective at preventing preterm. Hope it works well for you.
princess136 likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 11:08 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm curious why they don't think they would stop? I know that you had a 33 weeker but I went into ptl at 31 weeks with my first and they were able to stop them. I had to take procardia until 36 weeks with him. I am glad everything else is well and hope that baby stays put for many more weeks!
princess136 likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 01:34 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I'm curious why they don't think they would stop? I know that you had a 33 weeker but I went into ptl at 31 weeks with my first and they were able to stop them. I had to take procardia until 36 weeks with him. I am glad everything else is well and hope that baby stays put for many more weeks!
He said that usually when contractions start this they don't ever really go away. The main thing right now is if they are actually doing anything such as dilation or thinning out and that all looks perfect. So it may just be an uncomfortable 4 months ahead. He did say that once the baby is viable (so just another week and few days in my case) and if they increase and become consistent at 4 or more an hour then we will discuss other options. I didnt ask but am assuming that means other forms to stop them. So I am optimistic that if I take it easy, don't run a marathon and everything else keeps plugging along great this won't be anything to keep concern over. Thanks for the info on what you went through. Helps to know stuff since even though it is my 3rd, it feels like the 1st time all over again since my youngest is 9.

~Kristin~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search