BTDT mamas

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM
Veteran
Does anyone else physically feel like you are further along than you really are? Or am I just a complete whiny brat?

I hate to sound like a complainer but this is beginning to hurt really bad like it did toward the end of my first pregnancy. I seriously feel disabled at times and I know that must sound like an exaggeration. But I seriously have to grab things to pull myself up off the ground or out of bed. My back hurts if I sit or stand too long or do too much activity (i.e. I can't win there...).... everything just feels like too much and I always feel so sleepy but cannot sleep for the life of me. I just feel... miserable.

oh and I had a nutrition counseling appointment today (if you don't remember, I was referred by my OBYGN because of my insane weight gain so far..) and it was just horrible.. she looked at me like I was crazy and just the whole thing sucked.. but I did get a lot of information and so I guess that's good. I just need to put it to use.

I hope you're all doing well
February 21st, 2013, 07:55 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also am feeling more like I did toward the end of my pregnancy with DD. I am much slower getting up, my back hurts, I get sore, and it's hard to sleep. So it's not just you.

So did the nutritionist look at you like you were crazy bc of how much weight you had gained or was she wondering why you were there? Bc I saw the pics you posted and you look fantastic. I don't see where you could have gained so much weight. All I saw was a great looking baby belly.

I hope things get better!
pamela.burke611 likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 07:57 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like poo. Seriously. I feel like I did last time when I only had 6-8 weeks left. I am so over being pregnant already lol. I don't know how I am gonna make it another 15 weeks!

February 21st, 2013, 08:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel and look A LOT further along this time. I should go back and find my belly pics to compare. But I easily look into the 3rd tri (compared to last time) and I am not quite 23 weeks!!

I am carrying it all in my belly... I am skinny all over but it is crazy how much my belly is sticking out already. Must be some combination of muscles giving way easier and the way I am carrying this one. Who knows. EVERYBODY can instantly tell I am pregnant, that's all I know.

February 21st, 2013, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep I feel like I should be delivering any day! lol

February 21st, 2013, 09:37 PM
Veteran
Agreed, I'm over this pregnancy my SPD is back horrifyingly early!! And I'm in pain pretty much 16 hours per day !! So frustrating!! Kills to even carry laundry!!
I usually never had it till 34 weeks and I'm 22!! Hell on earth this is!!
Here is what it is! Sooo brutal
Symphysis pubis dysfunction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

February 22nd, 2013, 04:07 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also feel like I am much further along. I was waiting for a baby bump and I sure got one! I feel like an old woman rolling over in bed, I grunt, etc.

Why was she looking at you like you were crazy??

February 22nd, 2013, 04:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am really feeling it this time. I had attributed it to age. It could also be that the first time everything was so new and exciting. This third time I am working, raising two kids and lots older.

February 22nd, 2013, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Actually, this pregnancy has been way easier compared to my boys. I am not nearly as sick or bedridden. I feel a lot better this time around.

February 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My midwife warned me that everything with this pregnancy would be amplified. So far it has not be worse than anything I had with Alex but the pain levels/discomfort/etc have been pretty constant.

And, technically, we are all disabled. Our bodies are not in their typical state of functioning as they should for the majority of our lives. It is a normal side effect of pregnancy that is necessary. Your body is allowing everything that encourages you to slow down and take precautions. Nature wants you to have this baby safely

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 22nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
Super Mommy
oh yeah, my dr warned me at about 17 weeks that my symptoms would be a lot sooner this time around...and seriously like the next day i felt 8 months pregnant! lol. my back hurts a lot sooner and i feel the pelvic pressure already...didn't feel that til about 4 weeks before i delivered DS. ugh. also restless leg syndrome is annoying. other than that everything is about the same.
February 22nd, 2013, 09:49 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I am feeling it more now too than in my other pregnancies. I wonder if for me it is partially my age. I have odd aches and pains, and I also feel a lot bigger than I did at this point in my other pregnancies. I remember near the end of my other pregnancies it was hard to bend down to shave, etc, and I am having problems with that already!!

February 22nd, 2013, 09:56 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's how I felt with my son. I was absolutely miserable and in some sort of pain the entire time. I was the whiniest preggo ever. This time I've been lucky to not hit the miserable point just yet but I am showing much more this time. I'm not sure if its just because its my third or if I'm carrying the baby different but my belly is much bigger at this point than it was either one of my others. I'm already tired of the comments from my coworkers.

February 22nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
my back is killing me and my pelvis/hips are so painful, i never had that before
i am waddling and really am not that huge to justify the waddle
sucks
baby girl is sucking the life out of me

February 22nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Not yet, but I remember my hips and back hurting around this time with my first pregnancy. I felt really good up until week 38 with my second. I am hoping this one will be similar. For me I think I just carried differently the first time and I gained a bit more weight, so maybe that is the difference. Being my 3rd pregnancy and being 5 years older than with my first you would think I would be feeling it worse this time.
February 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a little more uncomfortable and worn out than last time, but nothing major. I think because when I was pregnant with DD I was a fulltime housekeeper and that job was WAY too physical for a giant pregnant lady. I had a lot of aches and pains and I was exhausted all the time. Now I'm (mostly) a SAHM so I've been a lot more relaxed. I'm gaining weight faster for sure, but I'm able to go easier on my body which is nice. I'm still feeling pretty good.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 22nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Super Mommy
DITTO!!! I just told my mom this afternoon that I am totally ready for this to be over. My belly is uncomfortably huge already and my lady parts constantly hurt from the pressure. I have turned in to such a whiner. DH is not sympathetic and thinks it is hilarious to remind me that I still have over 3 months left. That sounds horrible!!
February 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
See Hun you are not alone!

February 22nd, 2013, 03:16 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm feeling more far along too. Maybe it has to do with that I'm measuring the same as I did with my daughter the day I delivered. Ugh.

Honestly tho, you look so amazing. I've seen pics on Facebook and you are stunning! You see, I haven't posted a pic of my belly yet, not have I really taken one yet, cuz I just look fat and gross. I'm embarrassed. I WISH I looked like you! You are beautiful!
February 22nd, 2013, 08:51 PM
Veteran
wow, I LOVED reading everyone's responses and I am so happy I am not alone! Although I'd prefer for us to all feel like a million bucks. I am really happy though for the ladies in here that feel alright. I pray it stays that way and I pray we can all get a break.

I don't even know why the nutritionist was acting so weird and looking at me like I was crazy.. maybe because I gained so much already or maybe, and actually probably, it has to do with my really bad diet and lack of exercise right now. She gave me a lot of papers and I need to go through them and she said I need to try to get back on the exercise train.. I know I will after the baby is born and I will TRY now it's just so hard this pregnancy and with my daughter and full-time work. I just gotta get it togetherrrr.... and I need to up my water intake desperately and lay off the caffeine and pure junk.. I am afraid for my poor baby I have been the worst pregnant this time..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search