Sleep positions

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 09:35 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What is the most comfortable sleep position for you right now? Has this always been your preferred position?

February 22nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On my side. I'm usually a belly sleeper so it has taken some getting used to. I'm not looking forward to the last trimester when it starts hurting my hips to lay on my side and I end up tossing from side to side all night long.

February 22nd, 2013, 09:02 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always been a back sleeper and I still am. I know it's supposedly bad but it's the only way I get any sleep.

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 22nd, 2013, 09:11 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPennyRoyalTea View Post
I've always been a back sleeper and I still am. I know it's supposedly bad but it's the only way I get any sleep.
Your body will let you know to turn its amazing that way

I'm a side sleeper always have been. And I have been turning side to side every night lately.

February 22nd, 2013, 09:52 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I was a side sleeper before pregnancy, but now sleeping on my side sometimes hurts my ribs because I am sleeping on 3 pillows to help prevent heartburn... and it makes my side bend a little too much. I like sleeping a little flatter! Now, I am finding that I wake up in the night on my back, which I try not to do as much as possible, but it seems the most comfortable at this point!

February 22nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved laying on my stomach. That is unworkable now I tend to lay on my left side. When I do this Ellianna kicks often which is reassuring. However, I prefer the back or right. For some reason I do not feel kicks when I am on the right side.

February 22nd, 2013, 10:05 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always been a stomach sleeper. But I'm now at a point where that isn't working anymore. I sleep on my side mostly now, but my hips hurt so bad already, so I'm tossing and turning from one side to the other all night. I am so thankful for my snoogle pillow! It is giving me support I need for my back when I'm on my side, which also hurts pretty bad, so that helps some. I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep once I get bigger and more uncomfortable because it's already pretty hard now!
February 22nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Always side and mostly right, now though I've been flipping way more often to stay semi-comfortable

February 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Expecting #1 July 2013 <3
I have always been a side sleeper, which is how I have continued to sleep now. However, my hip seems to go numb every now and then so I toss and turn alot :/

February 22nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
On my side, slightly propped up, on the couch. It's about the ONLY way I can actually sleep lately, and there's still a LONG way to go =\
February 22nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Left side or partial back/partial left side. The baby on my right side refuses to let me sleep on my right side anymore! I am usually a back or stomach sleeper but neither are an option anymore if I try to lay straight on my back for too long I cannot breathe

February 22nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always been a side sleeper. I'm not having too much trouble yet, but some nights I do have to keep a pillow between my knees. Makes rolling over a pain, but it helps.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

February 22nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Im a stomach sleeper usualy but now I have to sleep on my sides wich kill my hips and back. I toss and turn most nights getting very little sleep,good thing is I still have some energy in the morning.
February 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a stomach and side sleeper. I only recently stopped sleeping on my stomach and sometimes still lean a little more on my stomach than I feel is okay. I sleep best on my left side, but after a few hours, my left hip hurts like crazy. The problem is, as soon as I roll onto my right hip (literally the second it hits the mattress), it starts going numb and becomes quite painful even before I can fall asleep. My right hip has been going numb occasionally even when I'm laying on my left side. It's very strange. Several times a night I have to lay on my back long enough for my left hip to stop hurting or get up and walk around a bit, then lay down and hope that I get a few more hours.

February 22nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am normally a stomach sleeper. Now I sleep on my left side, half on my belly, with my right leg bent. I do switch sides throughout the night, though.

February 22nd, 2013, 03:12 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm typically a side and back sleeper. My back hurts when laying on back for too long. Sometimes I will lay on my back but wedge a pillow under one side just to barely tilt my body. That's pretty comfortable. Then sometimes I lay on one side and straighten the leg that I'm Laying on then bend the opposite knee up. I feel like I put too much pressure on my belly that way but figured my body would tell me if I was.
February 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Super Mommy
I am usually a back sleeper but have been falling asleep on my left side..I have noticed I toss from one side to the other SOOOO many times in the night (which is probably why I always feel tired during the day lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search