ugh, not a good morning

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By phantomsgrl11
  • 1 Post By phantomsgrl11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2013, 04:37 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
So, I woke up this morning to some fairly heavy, dark "spotting". No cramping, baby is moving, etc, and doctor doesn't think there's any reason to be concerned at this point. She said I could come in if I wanted to get checked, but she didn't think it was necessary unless I started having cramps/backache, etc. And, of course, even if I did want/need to go get checked out, I can't get hold of my husband at work.

Not how I wanted to start my day.
February 23rd, 2013, 04:52 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Oh crap, and now that I finally did get in touch with DH, my 6 year-old got up while I was telling him what was going on and he's all worried and asking questions. Could be a fun day =\
February 23rd, 2013, 05:34 AM
Rochelle
Oh man, that's terrifying. I'm glad the dr isn't concerned though. I hope you got a hold of DH and are at the dr now getting checking. Hugs and KUP'd!
February 23rd, 2013, 05:42 AM
Super Mommy
Really scary! I would keep an eye on it and if it gets any heavier then go in and see if they can find out what's going on. I'm glad your doctor isn't too worried about it, that's gotta be a good sign.
February 23rd, 2013, 06:09 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it were me, I would go in just to put my mind at ease. It is good to know that your doctor isn't worried.

February 23rd, 2013, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you and DH get a little close last night That could cause it. If not I would get it checked. I bled red with our second child at 26-27 weeks. When I got checked they discovered I was having preterm labor. I got meds and it stopped. I delivered a healthy child at almost 38 weeks. I say this due to the bleeding usually being fine. There are instances where it is a sign of preterm. They can often treat preterm.

February 23rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
Did you and DH get a little close last night That could cause it.
haha nope, though that was one of my doc's questions, too. He was at work all night.

I actually had preterm labor with my 6 year-old at 32 weeks, which they managed to stop after a night in the hospital, so it is definitely something that I'm on the lookout for. The worst of it, I think, is I had FINALLY convinced myself I didn't have to check the toilet paper every time I went to the restroom.

Whatever it is, it does seem to have lessened already. I'm keeping an eye on it, and if anything changes I'll go in. My doctor's concern with me coming in unnecessarily is that if it is just irritation of my cervix, getting checked could make it worse. I have no cramps or backache, but if there's any sign of those things I'm heading in. DH is home now so that helps my nerves some.
February 23rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You could also be having spotting from a bladder or kidney infection. Do you have any pain/discomfort when urinating?

Also have you lifted anything unusually heavy within the past couple days?

Take it easy today mama!
navywifey2003 likes this.

February 23rd, 2013, 08:17 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
^Nothing! My first thought was maybe bladder/kidney infection, but I've had NO symptoms of that, or anything really. That's one reason it was so concerning. And no worries, I'm sitting around and doing nothing today. Making DH deal with the kiddos until he goes to bed (he works again tonight as long as things stay as they are) and after that I might just ship them around the corner to my parents' house for a while
February 23rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just so you know I had two kidney stones before I had my son - and I had absolutely no symptoms whatsoever until the night it decided to try and pass. No back pain, nothing! So it's still possible although I don't wish that on even my worst enemy. I'm hoping its just some flukiness. Our bodies are amazing and they have a lot of things going on at any given time. I say as long as you are feeling baby regularly and the spotting doesn't seem to continue or pick up you should be good to go. Just make sure you listen to yourself - that innervoice is the one you need to listen to the most and it will steer you where you need to go. I'm a big believer in that! best of luck
rcjh12 likes this.

February 23rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs Hun! I hope it's nothing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search