Eyes

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Rochelle
What color eyes would your children have? This calculator can tell you your chances of the different colors.

Was it right based on your other child/ren's eyes? (I/A)

What Color Eyes will your Children Have? | Understanding Genetics
(For hazel, I believe you just click green)

It's pretty right for me says 50% chance of brown, 35% green/hazel, and 15% blue. DD1 has deep brown and DD2's are a light brown but may turn hazel later in life as they lighten up like mine did.
DS has the lightest eyes and they are a light hazel/green. I want this baby to be a boy that has deep brown eyes like DH but I think it's interesting that I even have a possibility of having a blue eyed child.

Genetics fascinate me.

**I know that this is basically a crap-shoot though. There are extra things to take into account. You or DH may be adopted or like my DH, I don't know if his bio-dad has blue or green eyes but I know it's one or the other so I tried it both ways and DH's brother had blue eyes but a different father so I tried it both ways (with and without him).

With the hazel eyes, I would say that if they are more brown than hazel you should probably pick brown but if more green than brown, pick green. Or try it both ways to see how it changes. Mine didn't change by much when I changed little factors.

Last edited by 4hearts; February 24th, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
February 24th, 2013, 07:55 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It puts up an error for me. My sister and I have brown eyes, but our parents don't. My parents are both hazel eyed. I know my mom's father had blue eyes and my mom's mother had brown eyes. We inherited the brown from my grandmother. According to this flow chart, it is impossible for me to have brown eyes if my parents don't.

DH has emerald green eyes. I was really hoping our kids would get green eyes but they have brown. Lily's are a light to medium brown, but Abri's are dark like mine. I'm sure this baby will have brown eyes too.
February 24th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
It puts up an error for me. My sister and I have brown eyes, but our parents don't. My parents are both hazel eyed. I know my mom's father had blue eyes and my mom's mother had brown eyes. We inherited the brown from my grandmother. According to this flow chart, it is impossible for me to have brown eyes if my parents don't.

DH has emerald green eyes. I was really hoping our kids would get green eyes but they have brown. Lily's are a light to medium brown, but Abri's are dark like mine. I'm sure this baby will have brown eyes too.
Are your parents eyes more green or brown on the hazel spectrum? One of them might have more brown and if you changed it to that it may give you different results.
Brown eyes are beautiful. I never can decide which I like more, brown or green.
February 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm one big bundle of recessive genes - I'm the only person in my family as far back as anyone can remember with red hair, and I'm the only ones with green eyes. There are a few hazels, but true green is rare in our family. Most of my family is brunette with blue or hazel eyes, and a few blondes thrown in with blue eyes. DH looks exactly like his mom, who looks exactly like her mom. Very strong genes in that family. He's a brunette with blue eyes.

DD looks exactly like him. I don't hold out much hope that this next baby will look anything like me.

February 24th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
FIL is the only grandparent that doesn't have brown eyes...he's got green eyes. DS' eyes are dark brown, just like mine and DH's. DD's eyes are a super light, not quite hazel shade.
February 24th, 2013, 11:09 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't get it to work on my phone but I've done it before and it was very accurate. My kids pretty much have as equal of a chance of any color. I believe when I did it before it was like 40% brown, 35% blue and 25% green.

I have brown eyes but my mom has green eyes and my dad has brown eyes. From them, my grandparents have an assortment of green, blue, and brown eyes. DF has bright blue eyes. His mom had green eyes and his dad had blue.

Jaleigh has bright blue eyes. Kiefer's were a greenish hazel for the longest time and I was really hoping they would stay that color or turn green but they ended up getting dark and now they are the same as mine: dark brown. I'm really hoping this baby has blue or green eyes.
4hearts likes this.

February 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
All my kids eyes are huge and blue. I have blue so I can only give the recessive blue gene. Kyles eyes are green but we have yet to have a green eyes child.

February 24th, 2013, 12:34 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Well since baby's dad is 100% Chinese, I think I can safely assume this little one will have dark eyes.
4hearts likes this.

February 24th, 2013, 01:44 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Really neat! It gave our kids 27.5% blue, 22.5% green, and 50% brown. Out of seven children, one has blue eyes, one has "green" (hazel), and five have brown.
4hearts likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 24th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Super Mommy
My results were 20% Blue, 30% Green and 50%. My mom had blue, my dad's were hazel, DH's mom has blue and his dad has brown. I have green and DH has brown. My oldest has blue eyes, and my youngest had blue eyes up until around his third birthday and have turned more of a hazel color. This baby is bound to have brown eyes, haha! Coloring wise, my kiddos take after my side of the family a little bit more. They definitely inherited their dad's native skin tone though, they've never been sunburnt in their whole lives!
February 24th, 2013, 02:35 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
We have strong dominant genes in my family - brunettes w/brown eyes and DH has hazel eyes with both blue & green eyed siblings. However, in my family I seem to be the one with lightest tone of brown with a lot of gold.

The test indicated brown eyes at like 94%, green 5%, and blue 1% or something close to that.

With DS it seemed like it took forever to see what his eyes would be, for a while we thought he'd have gray/green eyes and then the brown started working in. DS ended up with my brown eyes, but has hints of hazel hat come through too.

February 24th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Veteran
It wouldn't work on my mobile! But my three, one has brown, one green, one blue!

My hubby's eyes are hazel and mine are brown!
His mom has brown eyes his dad blue. They had 2 blue eyes kids, one hazel and one brown.
My dad ha brown eye and my mom has blue. They had 3 brown eye kids!

Last edited by farmfourmama; February 24th, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
February 24th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfourmama View Post
It wouldn't work on my mobile! But my three, one has brown, one green, one blue!

My hubby's eyes are hazel and mine are brown!
His mom has brown eyes his dad blue. They had 2 blue eyes kids, one hazel and one brown.
My dad ha brown eye and my mom has blue. They had 3 brown eye kids!

Did it for you

Your kid's probability: 18.7% blue, 31.2% green/hazel and 50.0% brown

I'm guessing brown for your newest baby And that's pretty cool that you have 3 different colored eyed kids
February 24th, 2013, 07:40 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also cant work it on my mobile.
My DD has Dark blue eyes and pics rarely do her eyes any justice.
Mine are blue. And my dads are blue. My moms are brown.
DHs are green. His bio father has green. His Mom has hazel that are greenish brown.

And almost all of DHs older kids got the green hazel.
Im hoping little man has green eyes as DH as the most gorgeous light green eyes(think like spring green)

February 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
I also cant work it on my mobile.
My DD has Dark blue eyes and pics rarely do her eyes any justice.
Mine are blue. And my dads are blue. My moms are brown.
DHs are green. His bio father has green. His Mom has hazel that are greenish brown.

And almost all of DHs older kids got the green hazel.
Im hoping little man has green eyes as DH as the most gorgeous light green eyes(think like spring green)

75.0% green 25% blue and 0% brown for you Green eyes are so beautiful!
MamaSkunk likes this.
February 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit.kat.81 View Post
Well since baby's dad is 100% Chinese, I think I can safely assume this little one will have dark eyes.
You'd be surprised. My DD's eyes are lighter than I would have thought...and she has curls! I'm 100% Chinese and apparently curly hair runs in my side of the family, not DH's.
February 25th, 2013, 10:38 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Well my eyes are gray and DHs are hazel
DS has hazel
I put green for DHs hazel eyes and says 50/50 shot of green or blue

February 25th, 2013, 10:59 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
it didn't work for me, but everyone in mine and dh's family has blue eyes, and both of our kids do too, so am pretty sure baby will have blue eyes.
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

February 26th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
13% blue, 13%green, and 72% brown.

I have blue and DH has dark brown. DH is Native American and has very very dark skin/hair/eyes and I am a pale blond/red hair blue eyes haha

It's kind of funny but DD was born with DARK skin and a full head of jet black hair. She had bright blue eyes for about a year and they've been hazel since then. Very very green most days. After her black hair fell out she got light brown hair with lots of natural blonde highlights. She doesn't quite have olive coloured skin and she does sunburn, but not as easily as I do.
4hearts likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 26th, 2013, 08:54 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I are both blue eyed, and our two sons are blue eyed, so I'm betting this one will have blue eyes as well. LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search