Can't be nesting, but...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 07:45 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I FINALLY caught a cleaning bug last night and got on everything I have been neglecting in my house. Between work, being exhausted, and all of the family stuff I have had going on, my house cleaning has been super neglected in a bad way. Between last night and this morning, I organized toys, cleaned my floors, and scoured the kitchen. We are also moving in less than 4 weeks and I packed 11 boxes last night by myself. I have pretty much resigned myself to doing all of the packing. DH is so overwhelmed with work and school, he can barely keep up. I will do more cleaning and packing this evening. I need to do laundry and bathrooms and I will pick up more boxes today to load up.

This is very unlike me to be this motivated to clean, which is something I HATE to do. Anyone else with unusual motivation?
4hearts likes this.

February 24th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Rochelle
Yay! Glad you got some cleaning spark. Hand me over some!

I wouldn't say I have unusual motivation but I have been trying somewhat harder than usual due to a few visitors I'm expecting in the weeks to come. I've made large strides in the last few weeks but there's much more to go!
February 24th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have engaged in a large purge project. Every weekend I declutter. Our 8 year old even had size 5 clothing in his drawers. Ellianna's room was full of stuff. The boys rooms now have proper closets and drawers (with all the correct sizes). Good will has received lots of donations. Ellianna's room is now ready for painting. That means the first floor of our house is completed neglected. My Mom paid a visit today to see how everything was going. I tried to convince her that this was true progress. I ironed all of the curtains in Ellianna's room (ugghh - love the PBK tiered ruffled curtains. They are a pain to iron though. I have six panels. Hours devoted to something that doesn't look like lots of time. I recommend them). We even have a paint sample painted on the wall. (Of course now I know that I need to get another color of pink). I cannot even imagine moving like you are.

February 24th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Super Mommy
I have been decluttering like a mad woman lately. Getting rid of junky toys, clearing out the guest room and closets. Packing away prepregnancy clothes and packing away the boys' clothes that don't fit them anymore. DH has been doing the basement and the garage. It seems like there's always something to declutter in my house.
February 24th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kitchen floor is filthy. It has juice tracks, jam smears, and who knows what else. I desperately want to mop it. But I can't because my Dad and DH are working on the bathroom and they cut through the kitchen to get to the garage. No point mopping now until they're done tracking filth in.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 24th, 2013, 02:33 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday DH randomly started emptying out the guest bedroom getting ready for DD to move into it and he emptied out the closet so its ready to be painted. Once we get her moved then we can work on the nursery. Hes now currently rehanging the bar in the closet cuz he moved his 30 dang jackets from the extra closet to our bedroom closet and the whole thing ripped outta the wall. And i had to go around behind him putting things where I wanted them as he put stuff in completely stupid places where I didnt want them. And he took the comforter and sheets and pillows and left my expensive *** comforter and satin sheets on the floor where the dogs or cats could have messed them up.
So Ive been having to follow behind DH all weekend and picking up after him and redoing what he messed up. Ugh!

February 24th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been sort of pre-nesting too we have such a small house that storage has to be very organized and thought out. And I am too big to climb into the attic now but I can see from below that DH has made a huge mess up there out of all the stuff I had him move there oh well! We are slowly transitioning M's room to a 2 kid room and I still need to order her new bed frame. We got some great collapsible bins and hanging shelves for the closet at ikea and I am excited to get it all set up! It is not quite time for that yet though. I have it all in a huge plastic bin in the closet.

It feels great just to have started getting stuff done, though. I was such a miserable lump in the 1st tri and having some energy and getting my house under control again feels awesome.

February 24th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Um nope! I am waiting for dd room to be done so all the crap can be moved out of the twins room so it can be painted and set up. I have tons to do so hopefully I find motivation by the time tha t room gets done. I sure wish dh would get motivation and get the play room/spare bedroom finished in the basement. Ugh!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search