Worried that baby isn't moving as much

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By kelbaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Regular
I was feeling him move all the time, many times a day. For the last couple days I haven't felt much. I have felt him a little, but it has been a very little. Should I be worried or is that normal? Should I call the doctor tomorrow? I have an appointment on Wednesday, but I don't really want to wait that long if something is wrong.
February 24th, 2013, 09:30 PM
First time mommy :)
I will have that too. I'll feel him constantly and very strong for days, then for two or three days in a row it will only be a few times here and there and very weak. But then right when I start to worry he starts up again. I think he might not kick as much if he changes positions.
February 24th, 2013, 10:23 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel anna so often that sometimes I wonder if I'm not just having muscle twitches. Haha. But there's been a few days here or a day or two there where I've felt her very, very little. So little that I make my SO get the pocket doppler out so I can hear her heartbeat. After a couple days of being lazy, she gets her energy back. I wonder if she just gets into a position where I can't feel her as much for a day or two and then she moves back to where I can. If you're really worried, it doesn't hurt to call and ask your doctor for advice.

February 25th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Veteran
I know what you mean. There are days where Layne is sooo active that I wonder what is going on in there. lol. Then there are other days (like today so far) where I barely feel him at all. My midwife told me at my last appointment that it's normal for how far along we are, and theres still room where if they change positions we might not feel as much. Drink some orange juice and lay on your left side...see if that gets him going. If you are still worried, call your doctor.

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 25th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I had this happen the other day. He will kick daily but then he had a day were he moved maybe twice all day. He's back to his kicking all the time though.

Maybe he is just having a quiet day. I hope he starts kicking like crazy again. If calling will help ease your mind then I say call. It wont hurt anything.

February 25th, 2013, 08:25 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I have just been worrying about this lately too! Last week at my doctors office, my doc told me that I shouldn't be worried about feeling the baby on a regular basis until 28 wks, which helped me feel some better. But it is still a nerve wracking when something seems different. I agree with what the other mom's said about the position of the baby. Last night I was doing everything to try to get my little baby to move, so I could feel better, and I got nothing until I laid down to go to sleep... then she started dancing Hopefully you will get some reassuring movement soon or call your doc if it will help you feel better.
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

February 26th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I am having the same thing, over the weekend the baby didnt stop moving all the time, and since Monday she has slowed right down, i think she may have moved posititions and just fits better so i feel her less and not as strong. I wouldnt worry about it. We are still early to feel those constant all the time regular movements. Plus each baby is different.
February 26th, 2013, 01:04 PM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
I hear it's normal, and as well it depends on how much activity you are doing in a day as well. I wouldn't worry too much. I've been through that a few times already.

*Amanda*

February 26th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Regular
The baby is definitely back to moving all over! He has been kicking me like crazy today. Just a few minutes ago I think he was doing back flips in there My whole stomach was jumping up and down and then I think he landed on my bladder! But I am not complaining. I love feeling him move.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search