MOTW! Amy-- Day 3 added

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 6 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 2 Post By crawmommy
  • 1 Post By Karen78
  • 1 Post By farmfourmama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Day 1: Pre-baby life

Some of you already know that I grew up with my dad. I honestly don’t know much about my mother. She carried me for 9 months, and then I went to live with my dad when I was 5 days old. I remember my dad taking me to see her once when I was little, and at the time, I had no clue she was my mother. I don’t know why she chose not to stay in my life, and I really don’t care. I know you all are probably reading this and thinking this is such a sad situation. It isn’t for me. I had a wonderful childhood. My dad loved me and provided a great life for me. I had many opportunities that I wouldn’t have had growing up with my mother. My mother has 4 other children who she raised; 3 before me and 1 after. They’re all under the impression that my dad kept me from them. When I was growing up, I remember him telling me that if I ever wanted to see my mother, all I had to do was ask. If he kept me from her, I’m sure he had a good reason. I’ve been over 18 for almost 8 years, and she hasn’t once contacted me. She lives about 30 minutes away.

Enough about her.

My dad has 4 other children. He was 40 years old and single when I was born. I had one brother who was still living at home while I was growing up. He was 16 when I was born. All the others were already grown and married. My youngest brother was a big help to my dad with taking care of me. (It’s funny because I actually moved in with this brother after college to help him take care of his little girl after him and her mother split up.) My aunt, who lives next door to my dad, had a huge role in raising me. She is my “mom.” I never felt like I was missing out because of her. She loves me like her own daughter.

I was a pretty normal kid. I was shy. I hated doing anything in front of my peers and dreaded having to read out loud (all the way through college.) I found my life-long best friend when I was in 3rd grade, and we were inseparable. We were in the same class, rigged our high-school schedules so we could take the same classes in the same slots, and roomed together through college. Our HS classmates made fun of us because we were so close; we were voted “most likely to be best friends forever” our senior year- as a joke, I think, but we loved it. We live 3 hours away from each other now, but we have that relationship where we can pick up where we left off every time we see/talk to each other.

I graduated college almost 4 years ago. Shew, where does time go!? I am so glad it is over! I majored in elementary education, although, I’ve never actually taught in an elementary school. Instead, I taught at a private preschool at our church. I loved it. It was so great to work with such nice, Christian women and families. We moved last summer, so I had to leave that job behind, and I don’t plan on working anymore unless I have to.

This is how I would describe myself when it comes to religion:
“She's a Saturday out on the town
And a church girl on Sunday
She's a cross around her neck
And a cuss word 'cause its Monday” - Brad Paisley
I’m no where near perfect, and I don’t claim to be. But I do love the Lord, and I put my faith and trust in Him. I’ll leave it at that.

Tomorrow, I’ll tell you about my love life

Me with my popaw- He passed away when I was 14.

Me with my nephew. I was an aunt the day I was born.

Me with my best friend.

Me with my dad.

Me teaching my little kids "I'm a little tea pot."

Day 2: My Love Story

I had the same “boyfriend” from 6th grade through high school. We didn’t end up together, but I am thankful for the relationship that we had because it led me to my hubby. My hubby, Brian and this ex were best friends. I started talking to Brian during my senior year via ICQ (anyone remember that? lol) He was in his first year of college. I asked him to my senior prom, and he hesitantly agreed to go. Our “relationship” leading up to prom was shaky. I think I became obsessed with him and scared him away. He didn’t really want to go to prom with me anymore, and I tried to find another date, but it was too late. I was stuck with him lol. I dreaded that night so bad, but it ended up being okay. We were pretty awkward around each other. This was the first night we’d actually been together in person. A week or two after this night, we hung out at a mutual friend’s house, and he realized, I wasn’t so bad. He had hinted that he was going to the movies the next day, and I knew he was going to invite me. So, the next day we went to see Kicking and Screaming. We have been pretty inseparable ever since. We spent that whole summer with each other. Then, in the fall, I went to the same college as him (I planned to go there before we started dating).

Three years later, he graduated, and went on to pharmacy school. With a lot of prayer, he was accepted into UK College of Pharmacy in Lexington- about 30 minutes from me. I finished my last year up, moved to Lexington to live with my brother, and got a job at a daycare.

In June of 2009, we took a trip to our hometown to visit our families. Brian surprised me with a proposal. He wanted me to be his wife! I was thrilled! We planned our wedding over the next year, and we were married June 26, 2010. The next fall, I started teaching preschool at our church. He was still in pharmacy school. When he graduated last May, we moved back near our hometown so he could accept a job offer at a hospital. At that point, our plan was to wait until 2013 to consider trying for a baby. That quickly changed! We decided that I would stop taking birth control in August. This left us time to “try” in August, and I convinced us both that we were pregnant. I wasn’t. So, we tried again in September and it worked!

I might be biased, but I think I have the best hubby in the world. We are the perfect match for each other. We are both shy, but we completely open up with we are with each other. We're a couple of goof balls, really. I think we were made for each other, and I can't wait to meet the little guy we created

Tomorrow, I will tell you about what I expect from motherhood.

2005- Prom

2007- In the snow.

2008- President's Ball at EKU

2009- Engagement

2010- Wedding

2010- Honeymoon in Jamaica

2012- Cruise to Bahamas

2013- 20 weeks pregnant with Eli

Day 3: Motherhood

I woke up early on October 8th while Brian was getting ready for work. I was only 8DPO, but I decided to take a test while he was in the shower. I couldn’t believe it; a faint positive!! I was very hesitant to trust the first test, so I didn’t tell Brian. He left for work, and I was left alone for the longest day of my life!! I still had a bunch of internet cheapies, so for the next few hours, I kept testing. Positive, positive, positive! I went out to get some FRERs to be sure. Positive! At that point, I decided to wait until Oct. 11 to tell Brian on his birthday. By the end of the day, though, I had changed my mind. I couldn’t wait to tell him he was going to be a daddy. I picked him up from work and gave him an early birthday card that had a lima bean inside. It said “While I’m carrying our little bean inside of me, you can carry this bean with you.” He still has the bean in his wallet.

This will be our first baby. The pregnancy has been so great, I’ll probably stay pregnant for the better part of the next couple of years. Haha. I love having him inside me, growing, and kicking. It’s definitely a special time for us. I’m sure things will be exciting and challenging. It’ll take some learning and getting used to, but I can’t wait to be a mom. Not having a “mother” growing up has taught me a lot. It makes me want to love stronger. I want to always be here for my children in whatever way they need. I’ll never stop loving them and caring for them.

We’ve talked a bit about what we think he will be like. If he takes after his mommy and daddy, he’ll be shy! But, we hope he won’t take after us on that one! I’d love for him to be outgoing and excited to try new things. I hope he’s smart like his daddy. I hope he is silly like his momma. As parents, I hope we teach him to love the Lord. I hope he’s healthy and has a long happy life. I hope he finds love at the right time, and that he is surrounded by great friends. I hope he follows his heart, but keeps room in there for us. Oh, I am so excited to meet this little boy.

We love you, Eli!

Last edited by Hopeful2BMommy; February 26th, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
February 25th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Super Mommy
I love your story! I can relate to the no mom thing, but my mom was around til I was ten. Can't wait to hear about you and your hubby.
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.
February 25th, 2013, 08:56 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cute pics! Cant wait to hear more.

February 25th, 2013, 10:44 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing I can't wait to hear more!

February 25th, 2013, 02:44 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also relate to the mom-less childhood. Glad your father stepped up and gave you the childhood you deserved!

February 26th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Day 2: My Love Story

I had the same “boyfriend” from 6th grade through high school. We didn’t end up together, but I am thankful for the relationship that we had because it let me to my hubby. My hubby, Brian and this ex were best friends. I started talking to Brian during my senior year via ICQ (anyone remember that? lol) He was in his first year of college. I asked him to my senior prom, and he hesitantly agreed to go. Our “relationship” leading up to prom was shaky. I think I became obsessed with him and scared him away. He didn’t really want to go to prom with me anymore, and I tried to find another date, but it was too late. I was stuck with him lol. I dreaded that night so bad, but it ended up being okay. We were pretty awkward around each other. This was the first night we’d actually been together in person. A week or two after this night, we hung out at a mutual friend’s house, and he realized, I wasn’t so bad. He had hinted that he was going to the movies the next day, and I knew he was going to invite me. So, the next day we went to see Kicking and Screaming. We have been pretty inseparable ever since. We spent that whole summer with each other. Then, in the fall, I went to the same college as him (I planned to go there before we started dating).

Three years later, he graduated, and went on to pharmacy school. With a lot of prayer, he was accepted into UK College of Pharmacy in Lexington- about 30 minutes from me. I finished my last year up, moved to Lexington to live with my brother, and got a job at a daycare.

In June of 2009, we took a trip to our hometown to visit our families. Brian surprised me with a proposal. He wanted me to be his wife! I was thrilled! We planned our wedding over the next year, and we were married June 26, 2010. The next fall, I started teaching preschool at our church. He was still in pharmacy school. When he graduated last May, we moved back near our hometown so he could accept a job offer at a hospital. At that point, our plan was to wait until 2013 to consider trying for a baby. That quickly changed! We decided that I would stop taking birth control in August. This left us time to “try” in August, and I convinced us both that we were pregnant. I wasn’t. So, we tried again in September and it worked!

I might be biased, but I think I have the best hubby in the world. We are the perfect match for each other. We are both shy, but we completely open up with we are with each other. We're a couple of goof balls, really. I think we were made for each other, and I can't wait to meet the little guy we created

Tomorrow, I will tell you about what I expect from motherhood.

2005- Prom

2007- In the snow.

2008- President's Ball at EKU

2009- Engagement

2010- Wedding

2010- Honeymoon in Jamaica

2012- Cruise to Bahamas

2013- 20 weeks pregnant with Eli
February 26th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Awe! What a great love story! Can't wait to hear more tomorrow!
February 26th, 2013, 07:43 PM

I woke up early on October 8th while Brian was getting ready for work. I was only 8DPO, but I decided to take a test while he was in the shower. I couldn’t believe it; a faint positive!! I was very hesitant to trust the first test, so I didn’t tell Brian. He left for work, and I was left alone for the longest day of my life!! I still had a bunch of internet cheapies, so for the next few hours, I kept testing. Positive, positive, positive! I went out to get some FRERs to be sure. Positive! At that point, I decided to wait until Oct. 11 to tell Brian on his birthday. By the end of the day, though, I had changed my mind. I couldn’t wait to tell him he was going to be a daddy. I picked him up from work and gave him an early birthday card that had a lima bean inside. It said “While I’m carrying our little bean inside of me, you can carry this bean with you.” He still has the bean in his wallet.

This will be our first baby. The pregnancy has been so great, I’ll probably stay pregnant for the better part of the next couple of years. Haha. I love having him inside me, growing, and kicking. It’s definitely a special time for us. I’m sure things will be exciting and challenging. It’ll take some learning and getting used to, but I can’t wait to be a mom. Not having a “mother” growing up has taught me a lot. It makes me want to love stronger. I want to always be here for my children in whatever way they need. I’ll never stop loving them and caring for them.

We’ve talked a bit about what we think he will be like. If he takes after his mommy and daddy, he’ll be shy! But, we hope he won’t take after us on that one! I’d love for him to be outgoing and excited to try new things. I hope he’s smart like his daddy. I hope he is silly like his momma. As parents, I hope we teach him to love the Lord. I hope he’s healthy and has a long happy life. I hope he finds love at the right time, and that he is surrounded by great friends. I hope he follows his heart, but keeps room in there for us. Oh, I am so excited to meet this little boy.

We love you, Eli!
February 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love your story! I think you will be a wonderful mommy. Eli is so loved already!

February 26th, 2013, 08:17 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
You are going to be an amazing mother. Your post about Eli made me cry.

February 27th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post

We love you, Eli!
You are too stinkin' cute!!

February 27th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Aw, I love your story!! You and your husband are so cute! Eli is a very lucky little fella to have you two! I can't wait for you to meet him too! I saw a quote once that said "every time a baby is born, a mother is born too". You're going to be great.

February 27th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Veteran
I cried too reading your last entry! The bean in the wallet and how excited you are just wonderful!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search