Mommies who don' t believe in birth control?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Gen88
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 07:42 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey mommies! I noticed there were a few if you out there who don' t use or don' t believe in using birth control.DH and and I are very much a firm believer in allowing God to choose how many babies we have and trusting him to supply our needs. Just wondered how many other mommies are here who are not using birth control at all and letting things happen naturally? It is always refreshing to meet others who are on that path and hear their stories and reasons. I know several who feel so blessed to be moms of big families
February 25th, 2013, 08:50 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We dont believe in birth control for women due to alot of problems it can cause to a womans body and the fact that they increase women cancer and blood clot odds. DH was most adamant about this and we feel its better to use a condom for purposes of protection. So I guess we are half and half. We didnt use protection for years as it took a long time to have DD. Then did while she was little. And conceived this one right away. DH will probably get the snip tho as all together our two plus his five from a previous marriage we have 7. Hes done and so am I. (Its an age thing) But adoption in the future is always possible.

February 25th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad the cooper IUD was invented because I don't know what I would do without it. I dont believe in taking hormonal birth control. I believe in God but I believe he gave uis the opportunity to do as we please and still show us unconditional love. Having a lot of kids Is out of the question for us, God is not raising our kids we are lol so kudos to anyone who has lots of kids.
TeresaV and MamaSkunk like this.

February 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Super Mommy
I wish I could be have all the children God wants me to, but I am just too fertile and I don't think I would personally have enough patience for too many. I don't like the idea of hormonal birth control either, it just seems so unnatural to me. I've used the copper IUD and we've done condoms too, which I passionately dislike. I'll have to find some route of natural family planning once this baby is born because I'm not ready to call it quits and let DH get the vasectomy he wants. We were both 100% positive Gabe would be our last and we changed our minds on that one It could happen again.
Gen88 likes this.
February 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Well, speaking from one who has many birth control babies, if God wants me to have a baby, it's gonna happen one way or another.
If I had better health, I would just let things happen, but I want to be around for my kids and I'm pushing it now.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 25th, 2013, 02:23 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We do not use birth control of any type for religious reasons (we are Catholic). If we had the need to avoid pregnancy we would use NFP, abstaining when I am fertile. So far, we have not felt it necessary to do so, at least not for very long. It isn't because my health is perfect or because our finances are great (we make it on a lot less than anybody would probably guess). We just feel that God is generous in blessing us and we are called to respond in faith.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

February 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I dont and or wont use bc ,god is in control of my life and he knows what I need and he will provide for me and my children. This is baby number five and if god wants us to have more children the we will.
February 25th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have not used birth control for 10 years or so besides condoms prior to being with dh not for religious reasons but health. We try to be careful when we are not trying for a baby but if it happens it happens. I don't knock anyone foe what they choose but a ton of kids is just not for me I would go looney
MamaSkunk likes this.

February 25th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Rochelle
We believe in NFP bc of the naturalistic lifestyle and partially the trust in God reason however, this is going to be my 4th c-section and I think realistically I would only feel safe with *maybe* one more after this and in a few yrs after my body has healed a lot. Then that would be it. I'm hoping God will help us through NFP to not put my body through too much in other words.

I think big families are neat though and under different circumstances I would totally want one (though some find 4 kids to be a big family, LOL).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search