omg Im about to pee my pants!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If the u/s tech doesnt come get me soon I am going to pee my pants@!! Last time they told me I didnt drink enough water and today I drank a bunch and had an appt before my u/s & I have one after..ugh! Ok vent over!

February 28th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I almost died waiting for my anatomy scan. The doctor was like 20 minutes late. DH told a joke and I was sooooo close to peeing on myself and the whole situation was so ridiculous I couldn't stop laughing. So I made him tell me a boring story about something that happened at work earlier. After a few minutes of a story about some code and some guys who did not want to stop using the obsolete version of the code, I was over it and feeling a lot better

Anyway, it will all be over soon hun. Try to think about a dry desert or something

February 28th, 2013, 08:50 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs hun! I hope they come in soon!

February 28th, 2013, 09:06 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is not cool! Someone refresh my memory, why do they want you to have a full bladder for sonograms? I would think the bulging full bladder would obstruct the view.
February 28th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The bulging bladder pushes the uterus up so that the baby doesn't get hidden under the pelvic bone. It doesn't obstruct the view at all, it helps them see the whole womb better. At least that's what they told me.

February 28th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Sorry you had to go through that! I have a friend who is an u/s tech and she told me she only needs someone to have a full bladder if she has to measure cervical length. But even then it's not mandatory. My OB always lets me pee beforehand!

February 28th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my first ultrasound they were running 30 minutes behind and I absolutely couldn't hold it anymore. I went to the restroom and made myself comfortable but not completely empty. Then they had me wait in the exam room for another 30 minutes and by that time I was full to bursting again. In the end, she actually told me to go empty my bladder because it was so full that it was making it hard to see whatever it was that she needed. After that I wasn't so concerned about the full bladder thing...drank a bit, but not the ridiculous amount they tell you to, and it's been fine.

February 28th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They came really quick and let me pee after a few minutes The lady told me next time I do not needto drink the ocean lol. I drank so much bc the last lsdy was mad bc my bladder was not very full so I drank a huge mug of oj a 20oz bottle of water and 1.5 cups this time
4hearts likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
The bulging bladder pushes the uterus up so that the baby doesn't get hidden under the pelvic bone. It doesn't obstruct the view at all, it helps them see the whole womb better. At least that's what they told me.
That makes sense - Thanks. I have always wondered because both my Dr. always ask me to empty my bladder before ultrasounds.
February 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I was told it was for cervical length as well. I'm glad they came in.

February 28th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I was told it was for cervical length as well. I'm glad they came in.
I wonder if the type of equipment comes into play at all? Most of my early sonos are for cervical length. She does a vaginal ultrasound to measure the cervix - even at 20 weeks, so maybe that is why?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search