MOTW - Steph Day 2 updated

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Steph625
  • 1 Post By farmfourmama
  • 3 Post By Karen78
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Looks like I'm up! Woo hoo! I will apologize up front I won't have pictures for this day. My older pics are packed away in storage. Plus I might go out of order a bit as I went out of order in life. Today ill talk about life leading up to meeting Tom, my husband. Tomorrow will be about him and the Saturday will be about how I told him I was pregnant and my girls already. So here goes...

I was raised by both my parents who are still married. I have an older brother by two years. I remember a good childhood. I grew up in church which for some reason we quit going before I hit high school. My mom was always very critical of me. And I understand now that she was just wanting the best for me. Always telling me my hair would look better if I did this or that, if I lost #20 I'd look better in my senior pictures, why didn't I get an "A" on a test when I got an above average grade and was proud of myself...etc. She is less critical/controlling now but she still definitely has her moments. I've always been a daddy's girl.

In high school I was a band geek and made really good grades. I played the flute and piano and was always first chair in honors band and such. I loved music. I worked at a local fast food restaurant and stayed there throughout college. I graduated high school in 1996 and started to attend college that fall at Ohio University. I recieved my degree in Nursing in 2000. I found my independence and sorta went wild...drinking and a few illegal substances.

I loved to go out on the weekends with my friends and eventually met a guy at a bar who eventually fathered my daughter. I ended up pregnant after 3 months of dating. Of course I stopped partying. Knowing that he never wanted children, I gave him a choice to never have to know he had a kid. But he insisted we could do it together. We were together roughly for 10 years. And we didn't do it together. He never changed a diaper, never kept her over night (we only lived together one year out of 10), can't remember if he ever fed her. But I stayed anyways cuz I thought I loved him but in all actuality, I just wanted a family. Our relationship was not healthy and I was setting a bad example to my daughter. When I finally was fed up with him and called it quits, he didn't want to be involved with Madison. But he was all talk and has been there more for her now than he ever has been while we were together.

During those years, I worked in an ER at night and my parents watched my daughter for me. This has caused issues recently because I don't need my parents anymore but they developed a "need" to be with her. So, I still allow them to keep her over night on some Fridays when she has no other plans and this has helped the situation. I'm very grateful for everything my parents have done for me in the past. If it weren't for them, I couldn't be standing here today in my happiness. That is the main reason I bend over backwards to try to make them happy.

I can't wait to tell you all the story of my great husband WITH pictures!

****Now for my love Story!! ***

Not too long after I broke things off with my ex I decided to join Match.com. I wasn't looking for anything serious. Just someone to have a drink with and have fun. I signed up for 6 months and went out on a few dates. A couple of the men got a little fussy when I couldn't do something cuz I had my daughter so they were weeded without a problem. My subscription was about to expire and I decided maybe online wasn't for me. I had just 3 days left to it when a guy "winked" at me. Now, I never responded to someone who just "winks" at me cuz I felt they weren't putting effort into it. But man...this guy was HOT!!! And I loved reading his profile. He just gloated on his two little girls and how after a hectic day hearing them say "daddy" would make everything ok. So I actually emailed him. The email was something very short. But come to find out, he couldn't email due to his subscription running out as well and he renewed it just to read my email.

Little did I know, he was gna be my husband one day! We emailed for a couple weeks then it turned into phone calls. He was just so goofy and made me laugh all the time. We finally decided to meet. For some reason I trusted this guy from day one and I actually let him pick me up at my house. Something I've never done in the past! I knew he was tall but to see him in person...lets just say my neck was hurting by end of date looking up at him! I should've worn heels that first date! We had a great night. After that, we only saw each other on Fridays because that was his only night without his girls. I was so appreciative that his girls came first because most men just don't get that. So we ended up dating for a couple months then decided to meet each others girls. The three girls hit it off from the very first second. And they were POLITE children!

After a little over a year, we went running at out church's new land. There is a lake that the trail goes around. After the run he wanted to go by the lake. When we got over there, he turned me around and got down on one knee. He had the ring in his iPhone case the whole time we were running! Of course I said yes and perhaps cried! We didn't even get out if the parking lot of the church before we called his mom. We went to a coffee shop afterwards and made more phone calls! Still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. He proposed on November 4, 2011. We got married on March 24, 2012. We are about to celebrate our 1st year of marriage!!!

Tom is an AMAZING man and his family has welcomed me and shown me so much love! Tom always thinks of his girls (mine included now) and does EVERYTHING for us! He is caring, sweet, tall, smart, loving, cuddly...I could go on. I never knew that I could possibly be loved so much. And the amazing part is...I actually feel it!

Tom helped me walk my path back to the Lord. He actually attended the church that I grew up in. Another reason why I think God had placed us together. We center our relationship around God and his doings. We attend church twice a week and I am now a Sunday school teacher.

I just LOVE my husband!!

At the coffee shop after he proposed! He even loves me when I look like CRAP!

My sexy husband caught off guard!

Our first 5k together

Our wedding day!!

Last edited by Steph625; March 1st, 2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Adding on
February 28th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph625 View Post
My mom was always very critical of me. And I understand now that she was just wanting the best for me. Always telling me my hair would look better if I did this or that, if I lost #20 I'd look better in my senior pictures, why didn't I get an "A" on a test when I got an above average grade and was proud of myself...etc. She is less critical/controlling now but she still definitely has her moments.
This is exactly my dad. It's one of the very few negative things I remember from my childhood.

Can't wait to read about your love story tomorrow
February 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cant wait to hear more.

February 28th, 2013, 11:01 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love your story so far Being an ER RN would be tough, I don't think I could do it! Kudos to you, lol. Can't wait to hear about your husband!

February 28th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Looking forward to tomorrow.

February 28th, 2013, 04:11 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Can't wait to learn more.

February 28th, 2013, 04:23 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hear about your hubby. How were you with the father but not living together for 9 out of 10 years. That must have been hard.

February 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Not living with the father was always weird to me. I chose to leave after that one year of living together (daughter was 1 at the time) because there were infidelity issues but I shamelessly took him back thinking he would've changed. By that time, I was already stuck in a year lease. Never regained trust and he never wanted to marry or move back in together and I was STUPID to go along with it. Looking back at it all...I'm just an idiot...maybe too naive. We ultimately broke up cuz he refused to marry me. Funny thing is...he just got engaged last week to his girlfriend of one year. I cried on my husbands shoulder cuz I just felt like a failure! I honestly believe God has his hand in the outcome and I feel blessed I never ended up marrying him! I wouldn't know of the life I have now was possible!
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Veteran
You must have been meant to wait for DH there's always a reason to go through he ll ! Looking forward to the rest of your story
Karen78 likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Yay!!! We are so happy you joined our family!!! Tom is lucky to have you and Madison!! Love ya, girl.

March 1st, 2013, 09:12 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
"Tom helped me walk my path back to the Lord."
LOVE this!
Steph625 likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 10:04 AM
Super Mommy
Loving your story!!
March 1st, 2013, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
awww love your love story!!

March 1st, 2013, 10:12 PM