Names :)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Josie+Shpala
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Josie+Shpala
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
I've been super MIA Haha. But I think I've finally decided on some names. About 80% sure. I changed my dd's name so much when I was pregnant with her so we shall see.

For a boy, I have Nikita. Before, I was going with Aleksey since I thought it sounded better with my other kids' names, Miroslava and Georgy. But now, I don't really want to use Aleksey because I had two friends name their boys Aleksey. I, fortunately, don't know any Nikitas When I told my mum and sister, they told me Nikita is a girl name but in Russia, Nikita is a boys name. I think only in Western Europe and America do they use Nikita as a girls name, which is weird to me

For a girl, I still haven't narrowed it down to 1 name but I have my top 3: Katya, Alisa, and Vasilisa. I really can't narrow these down any further because I just love them all.

So this is what I'm doing. Try (somewhat unsuccessfully ) to come up with names.
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Rochelle
I love Katya and here's a new boy's suggestion.. How do you feel about Dmitriy (Fruit of the Earth)? I also like Yuri.

Anyways, I was looking at this list which I'm sure you've seen before:
Russian Boy Baby Names | BabyNames.com

ETA: I also like Nikita. Russian names are so gorgeous. I never realized that until today.

Last edited by 4hearts; February 28th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.
February 28th, 2013, 01:25 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
You have been missed Hun! I can't wait to see what you decide!
Josie+Shpala likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hearts View Post
I love Katya and here's a new boy's suggestion.. How do you feel about Dmitriy (Fruit of the Earth)? I also like Yuri.

Anyways, I was looking at this list which I'm sure you've seen before:
Russian Boy Baby Names | BabyNames.com

ETA: I also like Nikita. Russian names are so gorgeous. I never realized that until today.
I don't really like Dmitriy. And my FIL's name was Yuri We would use it but he made us promise him not to name any of our children after him (he passed away). My MIL on the other hand
4hearts likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 06:19 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I love your children's names! (My dad's name is Myroslav, we are Ukrainian though not Russian) I think Nikita is really nice for a boy and probably not as popular as Aleksey Katya is what I was thinking of naming my daughter Kalyna but we have two cousins named Katya.
Josie+Shpala likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 1st, 2013, 06:50 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Nikita and I think Katya is one of the most beautiful names ever. I have always loved that name, but I don't think I could ever have gotten away with naming one of daughters that. There is not a single bit of Russian or Eastern European in either of our families. But that's my vote for a girl's name (although they're all pretty names). Glad you're back again! I was wondering about you!

March 1st, 2013, 06:54 AM
Veteran
I like all your names too except I can't quite get how to pronounce the last of your girls names! Is it more that you pronounce te vasi part or the Lisa?

At least you have a few more months to make up your mind! I don't even have much of a list lol!!

Glad to have you back! We were wondering about you!!

March 1st, 2013, 06:55 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Aleksey more myself actually. And I love Vasilisa. So pretty and unique. Love!!!

March 1st, 2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
I love Nikita and I think Katya is one of the most beautiful names ever. I have always loved that name, but I don't think I could ever have gotten away with naming one of daughters that. There is not a single bit of Russian or Eastern European in either of our families. But that's my vote for a girl's name (although they're all pretty names). Glad you're back again! I was wondering about you!
Hehe I actually know a Colombian girl named Katya! She doesn't have any Eastern European in her either

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfourmama View Post
I like all your names too except I can't quite get how to pronounce the last of your girls names! Is it more that you pronounce te vasi part or the Lisa?

At least you have a few more months to make up your mind! I don't even have much of a list lol!!

Glad to have you back! We were wondering about you!!
Here, we pronounce it vah-see-LEE-sah. My mum and sister say Vas-il-lisa lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search