Holy smokes ladies....

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By farmfourmama
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 2 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By Josie+Shpala
  • 1 Post By MommaMandaPanda89
  • 1 Post By zombiemommy
  • 1 Post By Gen88
  • 1 Post By D&K's_mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 06:16 AM
Veteran
It's March first!!

Can you believe in exactly 3 months some of our babies will be here??
What does this make you feel??

I'm feeling a tad panicked!! Our basemf is finished being framed but we still need my brother in law who is an electrician to come wire! Then is drywall, mudding, painting flooring!! And then a my real work of moving kids and organizing starts!! I feel big as a house already! And we are at least six weeks out from starting any moving!! Ergh!! Hubby gets 8 days off in a row starting next Wednesday! So I'm hoping we make some major progress!! Also we still have 5 ft of snow on the ground here and it can F off at any time LOL !!

Also we have 4 new babies here so far! Four sweet baby calves! I love being out there with them! So that's taking up some of my time so I can't have a complete panic attack lol!
Tell me how you ladies are coming along!!

March 1st, 2013, 06:32 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can understand... We have SO much to do! We mostly got our spare room cleaned out, it's just stacked with bins now, which is much better! But we need to clean out another area or two before we can put the bins in the basement or somewhere. And then we have to move the office downstairs into the (now clean) spare room so that the baby's room can be the office. So, we have a whole nursery to do once that switch is done. We also have to get our guest bedroom set up because I know people will be coming to visit once baby boy is here! We also need to just get the rest of the house organized so it isn't such a mess. Especially our bedroom. We don't have enough closet/drawer space for all our clothes together and so we just have stuff everywhere. We need someone to come blow insulation into our attic soon because we don't have much up there and the house is freezing in the winter and so hot in the summer and I know I'll be miserable once it starts getting hot! We've just dealt with it since we've lived here, but the baby's room gets super cold/hot, so we have to fix that! But we can't have that done until our room is somewhat cleaned up because the attic access is in there!
March 1st, 2013, 06:45 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am also very overwhelmed. We close on our new house 3 weeks from today. We are in the process of packing, then we have to move everything and clean. I have absolutely nothing for the new nursery bc we would just have to move it, so I will have less than 3 months to get and set up everything after we complete the move. I am super excited about the move b/c the new house is perfect for us and this house we've been in for a year and a half is horrible. Moving when I can't lift heavy things or do too much major work will be tough. I also have to hire someone to take on my clients while I am on maternity leave, but there are actually few people who meet the insurance company's criteria to provide the services I do. That's a long story. Part of me wants June to hurry up and get here and part of me needs more time!

March 1st, 2013, 07:06 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have DDs new room cleared out(it was the guest bedroom and storage) it just needs painted. Then I can finish swapping her clothes over and getting her big girl bed setup. From there I can change the toddler bed back into a crib and get that room painted then everything setup. We got our taxes back so its baby splurge time for us. Already got my Medela Freestyle Breastpump (although I must say I visibly winced last night at the 399.99 price tag....oh well its the only option i have to provide breastmilk for lil man since my nipples are weird and they wont allow a proper latch)

March 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM
Rochelle
Sorry you're feeling panicked. That's no fun.

I'm not quite panicking yet but I know I have more like 4 months bc of my duedate and my tendency to go overdue.

I don't even want to think about all I have to do but I also know that it's mostly organizing and cleaning. I do feel better that we got the Cloth diaper's we'll need for the most part.
March 1st, 2013, 10:21 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am freaking out. 3 months from tomorrow is the latest I will be going! June 2nd is my scheduled c-section date. Although I do hope he picks his own birthday and comes a couple days before that . We have the money to actually buy the stuff but I haven't found the motivation to shop yet. I am already so uncomfortable!!
Karenna likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 10:57 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm starting to get very overwhelmed as well. We have all the major stuff, just need to stock up on 0-12mo clothes. The main thing is rearranging rooms and getting everything organized. At times I feel like we don't have much to do but then I start thinking about what all the rearranging and organizing entails and just how short 3 moths really is and that's when I have my emotional crying sessions

Edited to add: I'm also freaking out about not having a name picked out. I know we still have plenty of time but what freaks me out is we have absolutely zero names that we even remotely like. Everything has been nixed for one reason or another and we are even considering a different middle name just because we can't find anything that we both like that sounds good with Ann and our last name.
D&K's_mama and 4hearts like this.

Last edited by ashleykathleen; March 1st, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
March 1st, 2013, 11:36 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
This makes me feel unprepared LOL!
Gen88 likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
LOL...yes VERY unprepared is a good way to put it...I feel like I have NOTHING....6 packs of diapers and a few bottles. Seems like I have NOTHING of what I need.
And with just finally finishing up our move I feel like I have SOOO much to do before I can even think about starting to bring things home for her! Clothes, painting the room, a dresser, a crib....ugh...it's just a lot.
Since we live so far away from family, our family is already starting to plan their trip out here and such...gosh...just a lot of overwhelming things.
and that's not to mention the money I feel like we need to put away before she gets here so that we aren't stressing so much on money while I am out on maternity leave.
goodness....3 months....
I remember when I was only 3 months ALONG!.....where has the time gone?!
Gen88 likes this.

*Amanda*

March 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I'm surprisingly calm about it. I'm ready to meet my little man and have my body back! I was a little flustered a few weeks ago because I felt like we had so much to do and it was never going to get done... but since then the hubs and I have gone into beast mode and we pretty much have everything ready and set up aside from having crib bedding! All I have to do now is prepare for birth. Come on June!
Gen88 likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling good about it, I've been doing lots of cleaning and organizing along with shopping lately. I've cleared out the 3rd bedroom which used to be my moms room. She used to live with us. I touched up the walls which are just white and cleaned the carpet in all 3 bedrooms. We're moving in May, so I won't be setting up a nursery here but i wanted to make sure i had a designated area for all her stuff. So far we bought/have the crib, dresser/changing table, car seat, RockNplay sleeper, shelf, crib sheets, crib skirt, changing pad cover, curtains, diaper warmer and baby monitor are from when DS was a baby and a fisher price rain forest jumparoo. I also got some outfits for her and hair assesories. We just need a stroller, clothes, diapers, nursing pillow and other stuff. We're gonna buy that stuff in the next couple of months. Hopefully we get lots of clothes for our baby shower, we've pretty much got the big stuff covered. Wooo, that's a lot... Lol
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
We have a ton of clothes and all the big things,we just need things like socks bibs bottles and towel/wash cloths. I think most of what we dont have family / friends will buy as shower gifts.
March 1st, 2013, 04:23 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
I'm starting to get very overwhelmed as well. We have all the major stuff, just need to stock up on 0-12mo clothes. The main thing is rearranging rooms and getting everything organized. At times I feel like we don't have much to do but then I start thinking about what all the rearranging and organizing entails and just how short 3 moths really is and that's when I have my emotional crying sessions

Edited to add: I'm also freaking out about not having a name picked out. I know we still have plenty of time but what freaks me out is we have absolutely zero names that we even remotely like. Everything has been nixed for one reason or another and we are even considering a different middle name just because we can't find anything that we both like that sounds good with Ann and our last name.
I couldve wrote this exactly! We haven't got any idea on a name either! I'm pretty preparednfor a baby since dd is one 12 months old so we never really put any of the major baby stuff away!
ashleykathleen likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Um yes VERY overwhelmed! I feel like these babies could come any day for some reason and their room is still being used as storage/guest bedroom. I still need to find a vehicle 3 car seats will fit in...I thought we were getting a van but now dh says we should keep mine and he should get a new truck bc his isn't safe for the babies b/c he doesn't have laches....but that is a whole another post. The babies room needs to be painted, I need to sand & paint the dresser and I need to sort/wash & put away clothes & figure out exactly what we need yet. DH still needs to build he play room/extra bedroom in basement. Oh and dh leaves for Army school April 1st for 3 weeks and let's just say his motivation to get things done is not there at all. UGH!

March 1st, 2013, 04:48 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I havent started stressing to much since I will pop at the end of June. But was nice to get a nice new video monitor and new swing for a really good price. So that knocked two big ticket items off our list. I'm not looking forward to painting though.

March 1st, 2013, 05:34 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup. My due date is June 1. I woke up this morning thinking "holy crapola!" We are starting to paint the nursery this weekend, but we still don't have much as far as baby stuff goes. I can't justify buying stuff until the nursery is done. We have a few piles of stuff in there for her now which will just need to be moved out to paint. Definitely overwhelming.

March 1st, 2013, 06:58 PM
Super Mommy
I'm also due June 1st and if this one comes as early as DD, I may have this baby in 11.5 weeks. I'm so excited and can't wait to no longer be preggo. I feel huge and know that it is only going to get worse. I don't feel like I have too much stuff left to do. This weekend I'm hoping to pull out DD's baby clothes to see what we have/need. We need to do a little painting and organizing, but that is about it.
March 1st, 2013, 09:41 PM
Veteran
The more I read the more I realize.

I haven't bought even one thing for this baby.

Hellooooo panic!!

And we are nameless here without Many ideas!!

Nice to read I'm not alone!! I was so prepared with my first two but now it seems like our house is at capacity and our kids have gotten to that stage where life is pretty sweet!

I need to find me some excitement!! Some sort of oomph to get something going here!! Argh I'm frustrated with myself!!

March 2nd, 2013, 05:06 AM
Super Mommy
We have all the big items and have gotton lots of baby clothes too! All we need now is a monitor, bottles and other little items but I have sure started nesting early LOL! All of her clothes are hanging in the closet (which will probably have to be washed again before she gets here). I can't believe our babies will be herer fairly soon!
March 2nd, 2013, 05:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
We have DDs new room cleared out(it was the guest bedroom and storage) it just needs painted. Then I can finish swapping her clothes over and getting her big girl bed setup. From there I can change the toddler bed back into a crib and get that room painted then everything setup. We got our taxes back so its baby splurge time for us. Already got my Medela Freestyle Breastpump (although I must say I visibly winced last night at the 399.99 price tag....oh well its the only option i have to provide breastmilk for lil man since my nipples are weird and they wont allow a proper latch)
Karry - did you check with your insurance carrier? I was told that our insurance (Blue Cross) will cover the medela pump in style advanced. Had to call lots of places to find it. Found one place. Got my note from the doctor so hope to get to the place this weekend to pick it up. Hope the rep was right and it really is covered.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search