What does baby wear while in the hospital?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Karen78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 09:40 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When looking at what to pack in the hospital bag for baby, the only clothes it says is a coming home outfit. What will he wear the first day or two?
March 1st, 2013, 09:42 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I was in the hospital for 24 hours (she was born at 9am and I was discharged 10am the next day). DD wore a onesie (that she peed on because it was my first time changing a diaper) and then a sleeper after that. I'm pretty sure I put the sleeper on her after they gave her a bath that evening. When DH came to pick me up the next morning I changed her into another outfit and snowsuit and we went home like that

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 1st, 2013, 09:44 AM
Rochelle
At my hospital they have those flimsy lightweight cotton t-shirts and the little skull caps.
March 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM
My hospital does the same they put them in a shirt with the hospitals name on it, and a cap. We brought a couple onesies and a couple different outfits with us when we went with baby #1. Try to remember to bring a newborn size and a 0-3 month size you wont know what size the baby will need!
March 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I brought like 3 outfits for DS, 2 sleepers a onesie and pants, hats and socks too of course. I changed him into his own outfits like a couple hours after birth. I wanted him to look cute right away those cotton long sleeve shirts aren't that cute. I will do the same with this baby and of course lots of hair bands lol yayy

March 1st, 2013, 10:10 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I had DD, the hospital put her in a little tshirt and diaper.

#1, 4, 5, 7
March 1st, 2013, 10:12 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hospital was the same way--they put him in a t-shirt and a cap. I had brought extra outfits with me so I changed him almost immediately after he came into my room. The detergent they used is soooo harsh and I have really sensitive skin so Gabe does too. Poor little bub had a rash from the clothes and blanket. I put him in one of my blankets too so that he wasn't touching any of the hospital issued stuff :/

March 1st, 2013, 10:30 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hospital i had DD at had her in a diaper and a shirt and socks a little hat. I took the hat/shirt/socks and put them on a little keepsake bear.
I was only at the hospital for 24 hours after DD was born. I could have gone home the same day.. but i chose to stay that extra day cuz i was soooo out of it after a 24 hour labor. I didnt even change her out of the outfit they put her in til we went home lol Combo of exhaustion and excitement and being a new mom i was soooo overwhelmed lol

March 1st, 2013, 10:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
M wore the hospital shirt and diapers and was mostly swaddled in a hospital blanket or on my bare chest under a blanket. I was also just wearing the hospital gown. Nice to not have to worry about a mess at any time I don't care too much about what baby or I am wearing as long as it's functional, esp in the immediate postpartum, I have a lot of other stuff on my mind instead

March 1st, 2013, 10:42 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I was so drugged up and reeling from the unexpected c/s that I don't even remember. We certainly didn't have a coming home outfit as we were a last-minute transfer and I pretty much just threw on a dress and some shoes. Maybe DH went home and brought some stuff; we're only a few blocks from the hospital. My brain blocked it out for sure, lol. This time I'll actually have a hospital bag packed since we're planning to labor there.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

March 1st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
The hospital I delivered at has long sleeved shirts. They're like little robes that snap at the sides. They are just one size so some babies swim in them. The tag said 6mo on it! I kept the 2 that my son had and used them later at home. He outgrew them after a few months. Here's a pic.....he was 8 lbs 11oz and still it was huge on him!

4hearts likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
we just kept DS in what the hospital put him in, the long sleeved shirt and hat and they kept his legs all wrapped
much easier than putting him in real clothes
we did that the morning we left
i never wore my own clothes only my own slippers and bathrobe
way easier to wear what they provide to be honest

March 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
kimono type shirt the hospital gives, socks and a skullcap. I don't plan on bringing anything except the take home outfit. I remember having so much stuff to lug out of the hospital, we will travel light this time.

Not to mention, they do a small blood draw and circumcision and all kinds of other little stuff that the shirt and sock combo seemed to be quite effective for the time we spent there.

I had so many flowers delivered, I actually sent half of them to the children's ward so I didn't have to lug them down to the car.

March 1st, 2013, 12:54 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I packed a few outfits for the hospital. The nursery put her in a long sleeve shirt and cap. I immediately changed her into an outfit I brought and my mom had made her really cute little caps with flowers on them. I actually packed 3 or 4 outfits, which proved necessary due to spit up that required a change of clothes. I will definitely do the same again. We took tons of pics in the hospital and I like that she has cute clothes on in the pics. We also took our own Swaddle Me blankets instead of using the hospital ones. (We were there for 48 hours since my water was broken for more than 24 before she was born. They kept us both to monitor for infection. Sure hope we don't have that this time!)

March 1st, 2013, 02:49 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I liked putting ds in those sleepers with the dresss like elestic bottoms. Idk what they are called but they provide easy access and yet keep him warm. They had cute matching hats and booties. Great for the hospital and nights at home when baby is pooping alot. I plan to bring swaddling blankets this timebecause I hated swaddling with their little blankets...it always got loose.

Also those little elastic bottomed gowns thingys have built in gloves and will fit any baby
March 1st, 2013, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
dd wore a diaper, the long sleeve side snap shirt and a blanket unswaddled bc she hated it. We tried a hat but her head was way too big! I brought a newborn onsie for her going home outfit since it was already too small. Maybe this time I will plan a better take home outfit who knows.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search