Decreased movement?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kit.kat.81

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 07:27 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Yesterday and today little girl has been very quiet. I have felt very occasional wiggles but nothing like the regular jabs and rolls I've had the last few weeks. I've read this can be a result of a growth spurt making baby sleep more, but it's stressing me out big time! I just downed a huge glass of OJ and nothing. She did kick me twice this morning, so I know she's in there, but do I need to worry? Has anyone had this happen? Reassure me, ladies!

March 3rd, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have days like that and then days like today (he hasn't stopped squirming and kicking since I got up). Also the bigger baby gets, the less room they have to move around. Plus they can get themselves into strange positions that could possibly inhibit your ability to feel them move.

#1, 4, 5, 7
March 3rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Rochelle
Yep, this has been happening this week to me. And I'm only about a week behind you in duedate so I really like that you said growth spurt bc I was starting to wonder.

This morning I was thinking "Geez, I wish I didn't have 15weeks+ to go bc I can't stand this worrying!"
March 3rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've noticed this some too. He usually still goes crazy in the mornings so I feel like he's okay, but he has calmed down. I still feel him a lot during the day, just not as much as before. I've read that it can be normal around this time.
March 3rd, 2013, 08:33 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I have days where she's crazy and other days she's more mellow.

March 3rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
I can't stop worrying. I even drank a cup of coffee to get her moving and all I felt was the tiniest of flutters. Come on, baby, kick me!

March 3rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had this as well and just when I'm about to call the doctor, baby decides it's time to wake up. I hadn't heard about the growth spurts, but glad to know now. It makes sense that a growth spurt would make the baby sleep more and the baby has less room and can't move quite as much. I'd say not to worry as long as you can feel her, even if it's not as strong. I also figured that when it was just flutters, it may have been because she had shifted to a position where she'd be kicking in the back and I'd not be able to feel it much.

March 3rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
She just gave me two distinct little taps (not super strong, but there) so I'm less worried. I just wish she'd really nail me a few times so I knew she was doing okay! And since we are still unpacking I can't find my doppler to listen in to her heartbeat.

March 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Once they have you do kick counts it is only 10 kicks in 2 hours. This is during an active time. My EDD is later than yours. Currently, she kicks 10 times in 2 minutes. However, I know this will slow down. It is hard when it does though Hope she gives you a wallup and you feel reassured.

March 3rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Babies are supposed to be sleeping 14-16 hours a day or something in there.

I think my little princess didn't get the note, because I wish she would calm down at night so *I* could get to sleep.

March 3rd, 2013, 09:12 PM
Update - baby is kicking away! I think I may have been a bit dehydrated so I chugged water all day and she's back to beating me up from the inside.

She actually just kicked so hard my whole laptop (perched on my belly) jerked and almost fell! Hurray!
4hearts likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search