What have you bought so far?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 10:17 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
What have you bought for baby so far?

We have all the major stuff bought and most of the minor stuff too except diapers and wipes.

March 3rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
crib, bumbo, bouncer, bath, wardrobe for the first 6 months

already had the swing and playpen and jumperoo

my gf is giving me her infant carseat and another gf is giving me a stroller

bodywashes, first aid kit, lotions and oils and towels and washclothes

receiving blankets, real blankets, pacifiers, socks and mittens.

Caldesene powder, ummm....yeah just about everything.

I just need a dresser and decor for her room.

March 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Curtains, couple of outfits, 6 cases of diapers, and two paint samples painted on the wall (deciding on wall color ), crib sheets, changing pad cover. This is our third child so I have lots of items. I just need PINK. We are going out again this afternoon to look at nursery furniture. Plan to order it within a couple of day.

March 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I also already had everything except clothes and PINK. We've bought a TON of clothes already, she's probably set for the next 6-9 months! I may end up getting a few pink baby blankets, even though we're overrun with blue/boy ones from Connor that he rarely ever used lol.

I'll eventually have to buy the Minnie Mouse nursery set, but since we won't be in our new house until Aug/Sept, I have time!

It would be nice to replace all of the boy/neutral stuff to pink/girly things, but it's just not necessary or practical! lol I have the infant car seat, jumperoo, bouncer, swing, travel swing, toys, cloth diapers (I've added 3 girl/pink ones so far, and hope to add more), strollers and furniture. I'm debating whether or not I really need a double stroller, Connor rarely uses it now anyway and I really want a ring sling for her.

March 3rd, 2013, 11:28 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We already had a cradle (it's a family heirloom, handcrafted by my great-grandpa and used by all babies in the family), crib, gender neutral bouncy seat, bumbo, swing, and jumpy activity thing from DS.

So far, I have purchased a new boppy with some girly covers. I have purchased the fabric for the cradle bedding (it has to be handmade because the cradle is an odd size). I've also purchased a new breast pump because mine finally crapped out after two kids. All I have in the way of clothes is 3 onesies and 3 sleepers. Just got my tax return in so I plan on going out and buying all the clothes little things we have left all at once just to get it over with.

March 3rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have purchased a couple outfits, a diaper bag and the fabric to make blankets and nursery decor and yarn to make a blanket. That's it. We were given a changing table, and we have a crib that will be coming our way once we move. I'm having a shower on April 7th, and I'm not allowed to buy anything until after it, so I have another month at staring at my one tiny pile of baby stuff and thinking "HE HAS NOTHING."

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 3rd, 2013, 11:42 AM
Super Mommy
So far I have 24 prefold diapers, 4 covers, 5 one size pockets, a few Snappis and a diaper sprayer. I bought a nursing cover, a baby k'tan (wrap) and a few sleeveless onesies. My SIL gave me a bunch of neutral clothes and I know my aunt and that she can't resist buying things for my kiddos. I don't plan on buying clothes until after my shower, as I'm sure we'll probably get tons, plus blankets and such. I know I have a swing coming to me from a cousin or two, and probably a bouncy seat too. I still am wanting either an Arm's Reach cosleeper, or a mini pack and play, haven't made up my mind about that yet. I'm still on the fence about getting a changing table or not. I think I'll probably be set after that, and maybe a stroller later on, too.
March 3rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Almost nothing. We bought one case of diapers and one thing of wipes. That's it. My mom keeps telling me not to buy anything til after the baby shower, so that's what we're doing. It makes me really nervous, but this being my first I'm taking all the advice I can get.
beatlechicksteph and Kim3 like this.

March 3rd, 2013, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshute View Post
Almost nothing. We bought one case of diapers and one thing of wipes. That's it. My mom keeps telling me not to buy anything til after the baby shower, so that's what we're doing. It makes me really nervous, but this being my first I'm taking all the advice I can get.
I think that is great advice. This is a third child so we will not have anything. That is why we are purchasing what is needed. Friends have gifted pink though.

March 3rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't purchased much. I buy clothes I see that I can't resist. I'll buy diapers/wipes when I find them on sale. DH and I are almost done painting the nursery. I don't plan on buying a ton of stuff until after my shower, but I do want to buy the crib and dresser once the nursery is done so we can get that stuff set up. Then I can start washing and putting away clothing and bedding.

March 3rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
24 prefold diapers and 4 covers, 3 snappis and I have some pockets and aio cloth diapers on the way

We have also purchased the small things--some clothes, some blankets, pacifiers, bottles, burp cloths.

We already had a ton of baby clothing, playard, bouncer, crib and burp cloths/towels/bibs from my other son.

We still need to make a final decision about a swing though!

March 3rd, 2013, 03:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I already have (from DD) a cosleeper, pack n play, bouncer seat, carseat, several baby carriers, a ton of clothing and diapers and bedding, nursing pillows, pretty much all I ought to need

I have bought a few new boyish diaper covers, new snappis bc I think the old ones are worn out, 2 wetbags/totes, some tiny boyish pants and sweaters (much chillier here in June than it was in Mississippi where we used to live!), some boyish blankets, a water wrap, some new storage solutions for the kids' room (mostly ikea hanging shelves and soft boxes), I think that's it.

I really should be done shopping. Maybe I will get a thing or two here and there but nothing big.

March 3rd, 2013, 04:50 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
just bought a dresser and eight cube cubby thing from Ikea yesterday
We have the car seat, swing, bouncer, pack n play from DS
we've been given a bunch of clothes
i still need to buy the crib (wanted white instead of espresso that we already had)
also need to paint her room asap

March 3rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
nothing. I'm screwed haha

March 3rd, 2013, 05:58 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have breast pump, carseat, baby monitor, stroller, paint, crib bedding and mobile and bumper. Wall decals and wall hangings and letters for making his name on the wall. We already had crib and crib mattress from DD. Bouncer and pack n play and Nursery Rocker(I love mine still) from DD that are gender neutral. We also have a few throw blankets and a stuffed animal for him. We also have Newborn to 0-3 clothes covered. We also have a few 3-6 months too.
We have to get a new changing table and cosleeper and thats it for big purchases. Bibs/diapers/bath stuff/lotions n shampoo/nursery lamp or night light/socks/diaper bag are the main small purchases we have left.
Also to FTMs....i know you will likely get stuff at your baby shower however it is highly unlikely you will get any of the big stuff you need. Everyone I know got things like clothes/blankets/diapers in huge abundance and maybe one large item from their parents. You really should buy some of the bigger ticket stuff you need and just tell everyone what youve bought already. Dont be left scrambling for all the expensive stuff at the end just because your mothers would like to believe that everyone is gonna spend a fortune on you.
yvee80 likes this.

March 3rd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Crib
Dresser/changing table
Car seat
Plastic dressers for closet organization
Rock N play sleeper
Rainforest jumparoo
Curtains
Crib sheet
Crib skirt
Changing pad cover
Baby monitor
Wipe warmer
Some clothes
Hair accessories
Shelf

Going to hold off until baby shower to see what we get and then go buy what we still need, still need to buy a rug, glider and more room decor. I'm going to hobby lobby Tuesday to get fabric for her crib blanket which MiL is making can't wait!

March 3rd, 2013, 07:23 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Clothes, a blooming bath, and some cloth diapers not that I need those. Oh and a mei tie. I'm also purchasing a ring sling. That's about it. I just had a baby 18 months ago so I have a lot of stuff still.'

March 3rd, 2013, 07:48 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
So far, just a couple of outfits. I plan to start looking at diaper sales soon. I am making several blankets and I have the material for those and I've picked out a sling. Beyond that... I'm waiting just a little longer b/c we are moving within a few weeks of Amelia coming home and the ladies at work are already planning a shower since our next youngest is almost 9! I will buy the rest when we get moved and settled into the new house. I can't wait!!

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
March 3rd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
30ish covers nb/size 1/2 & one size covers
a dozen prefolds
10 OS pockets
some other random diapers
2 carseats
2 beco carriers(that I still have not received yet)

I still have a 2 breast pumps, swing, playpen, bouncer, neutral clothes but need to check to see if they will work size/season wise. I need to go through totes.
I was given a newer crib & high chair.

I have some things to get still, more prefolds, bottles, baby wash/lotion blah blah blah. lots of stuff!

March 4th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmreed32 View Post
nothing. I'm screwed haha
ditto

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search