MOTW-Jess updated with Day 2

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Mom2LillieAidan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I, like Steph last week, am going to have to backtrack a little since my DD was born before my SO and I met (I'll include a little about my marriage when that comes up).

Day 1: My childhood/early life

Well, let's see, I was born in Texas, Killeen to be exact. At the time, I had a brother and two sisters (obviously all older). We all have different fathers and the oldest two were raised by their dads, so I only grew up with the one closest in age to me. There are pretty big age gaps between us (12 years between me & my bro, and 10 and 6 years between me and each sister). None of my siblings and I are very close, I didn't meet my brother until I was 7 (long story) and when I was 9, we moved and I didn't see him again until last Sunday (the 24th)..

Both of my parents were in the Army. When I was only a few months old, we moved to Germany and lived there for two years. When we moved back stateside, my mom got out of the Army and my dad got stationed somewhere in Colorado when he came back. I'm not sure how long we were there, I don't remember much. After that, we moved to Massachusetts and, while there, my parents decided things weren't working out (my dad had an affair which I didn't find out about until many years later by accident) and they separated. My dad was around intermittently during my childhood until I was 9 (when he married my step-mom) and then they couldn't afford to fly me up anymore after that (they live in VT).

So we continued the trend of moving around every year or so. Between Massachusetts and here (Alabama), I lived in Washington st, Louisiana, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, NC, Texas (again), Pennsylvania, Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and NC (again).

I went to live with my grandmother in Pennsylvania my freshman year in high school because I couldn't handle living with my sisters, moved back to Texas the following summer, spent my sophmore year in Texas, moved to Illinois with my mom and sister, moved back to Pennsylvania after two weeks in Ill, and stayed there until graduation in 2006 (my mom moved up halfway through my junior year). After graduation, we moved back to NC (my choice) because I decided I was going to go to school there. That didn't happen. No college for me. After living there for a year and a half, the house we were living in burnt down and we decided to move to Alabama (my mom has a good friend here) and I've been here since December 28, 2007. Tomorrow, I'll talk alllllll about my DD

Day 2: My DD

I met my ex husband in July 2008, got pregnant in Oct, and gave birth to the sweetest little girl on July 14, 2009. We named her Lillie Ashlynn and she has been my sweet little mini-me from day one. I had a pretty easy pregnancy with her. She was born on her due date (induction) after only 7 hours and 41 minutes of labor. I had an epidural with her and due to the vomiting it induced, I am planning to go epi-free this time (and any following labors, as well). She was a beautiful 8lb 2oz baby and was so easy. Now, she's a silly, imaginative little 3 1/2 year old. She can't wait to be a big sister and she loves hugging and kissing on my belly.

I've learned a lot about myself as a parent and as a person since having her. I am not nearly as patient as I thought I was, but I am not as strict as I thought I would be. I am astonished every day at how smart and funny and sassy she is. It makes me feel like I've accomplished more than I ever hoped to.

#1, 4, 5, 7

Last edited by Mom2LillieAidan; March 5th, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
March 4th, 2013, 09:26 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow thats alot of moving! Cant wait to hear more.

March 4th, 2013, 05:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
That is a ton of moving! Can't wait to read more!

March 4th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Super Mommy
Holy cow that's so much moving! What a crazy childhood it must have been.
March 4th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also graduated in PA. What general area?

March 4th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
I also graduated in PA. What general area?
Warren, Warren County... About 60 miles SE of Erie

#1, 4, 5, 7
March 5th, 2013, 07:19 AM
updated

#1, 4, 5, 7
March 5th, 2013, 02:51 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Aww! I can't wait to see her with her little brother.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search