Car accident!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Karen78
  • 1 Post By Threeunderthree

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM
On march 1st we were in an accisent a guy ran a red light and t boned our car, and today is my first time back I. The car and im freakin out our car is swerving all over the snowy roads. When wr got to the walmaert shopping center I am in tears.. Im so scared were going to get into another accident.. Ive been having nightmares.. But ive been in the house way to much.. I hurt my knee really bad and its still hard to walk nit oir alighnment is off ugh anyone else had an experince like this... We did go to the hosp and baby is fine so are kids . The guy hit my sons door how do I do this!! Im so freakin scared! How long was it before you could get in the car again?
March 4th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Oh how scary!!! I'm so relieved you and the kids are alright. With my 1st pregnancy, I was in a car accident at 27 weeks. Some kid rear ended me and pushed me into the truck in front of me. I know how frightening it can be, especially while being pregnant! I can't imagine having other kids in the car too!

Yes, you will be afraid to drive for awhile but it will get easier. I had to drive the next day though to get to work but I used my husband's car. I didn't get MY car back for at least a month, and it was super annoying for hubby and I to share our other one. Luckily we had family close-by to help. My car took forever though cuz the insurance company totalled it, even though it was fine to keep....so I had to get a new title and have it inspected....blah blah blah. Hugs, mama!! I hope you feel better soon and are able to put this behind you. Easier said than done, I know.
Threeunderthree likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 03:10 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
I was in an accident when I was 31 weeks with DD1. A tractor turned in front of me and I t-boned it. Totaled out my car and put me in a leg brace for months. I ended up having knee surgery later. It was weeks before I could drive again b/c of my knee being dislocated, but even after I could I was still terrified. It will pass in time, but never completely. I couldn't imagine it with other children in the car.
The only thing I can say is that Thank God everyone is physically ok. I will say a prayer for you and your family for a mantle of protection and peace as you heal from this!

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
March 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Hugs Hun! How scary!!

March 4th, 2013, 06:09 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First...glad you and baby n kids are fine!! My mom was in a rollover accident while preg with one of my brothers at 20 weeks and it set her into labor...they gave her drugs to stop it til 27 weeks and then nothin stopped him from coming. (This was back in 86...he was a micro-preemie so hes a miracle) Anyway I remember it took my mom months before she would drive anywhere alone and the few times she had to go somewhere with us I remember her just shaking after she got home. A fear/relief combo I guess.

March 4th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We were in a really bad car accident back in June of last year. A lady ran her stop sign and we hit her head on and her car spun around and hit the front passenger door which was where I was sitting, airbags went off and everything, my new car was totalled which btw I had just had for only a month , DS was sitting in the back seat and DH was driving, thankfully none of us were seriously injured but we were pretty hurt, I had a messed up shoulder and hubby had/has small fracture in his knee. Honestly I have major anxiety while driving and every time I pass a stop sign I slow down in fear that that person is gonna run their stop sign too. DS was a lil traumatized for a while he's better now and my anxiety is still there but getting better, this accident has made my OCD even worse, I hate riding in the car with anyone because I feel like no one can drive therefore it's gonna cause another accident. I'm considering on getting on medication for my OCD and anxiety after baby is born because I've been living on the edge ever since the accident. I can't tell u how long it will take for you to feel comfortable because that's up to you, definitely talk to your doctor about it to see what your options are. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know exactly how you're feeling. So annoyed at people who take driving so carelessly.... I'm glad you and your baby and the Family are fine. When our accident happened I was so mad when I heard my precious son screaming that I kicked my door opened and went to the ladies car and starting beating her, I blacked out because I barely remember doing it, DH pulled me off her. I'm not a violent person at all, but when it came to my baby, I don't play!

Btw a month later after the accident, DH was at the gas station pumping gas and this chick backed in to him damaging our other car, shattered glass went everywhere and the car needed a new door. We had such great luck last year I tell you! This year is so much better, so far!

Last edited by Gen88; March 4th, 2013 at 06:29 PM.
March 5th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah I dont know hoe long its going to take me to be comfortablee in the car again but I was scared out of my mind yesterday.. People were haullin butt next to us my hand hurts today from holding on to the oh s handle so tightly both there and home... I dont want to drive myself and dh is extra cautious at stoplights and barley talks when were in the car cause we were talking about getting the kiddos new car seats! Lol. Needless to say tomorrow were getting new carseats tomrrow through my insurance thank God!
Gen88 likes this.
March 5th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It will take some time but it does get better, you'll always have that thought in your mind unfortunately but time will make it better. It's been about 9 months for me and I still have lots of anxiety but I'm getting thru it. Safe car seats are a must. DS has a vey safe car seat and we made sure to get baby girl a very safe car seat too, I did not want anything cheap and flimsy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search