Box color your hair?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 05:49 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Anyone box color your hair while pregnant? I'm thinking about it, don't want to spend the money at a salon, but nervous about it. I've only box colored my hair like 2-3 times in the past, never often, just random times. It's been awhile, too!

March 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Super Mommy
I have, and I hate to say this but I have a lot during this pregnancy My hair has been so blah the last 6 months and it needed a change. HOWEVER I am going to wait until after the baby is born to do it again.
March 4th, 2013, 07:32 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope I dont dye my hair during pregnancy as one of the reasons they say you shouldnt is the hormones and chemicals from the dye can sometimes result in disastrous results to your hair. (A friend of mine dyed her while pregnant and it made alot of her hair fall off and even tho she used brown her hair turned bright ***** pumpkin orange. So she ended up with a short messed up orange boyish hairdo. Lol. And no she wasnt someone who dyed her hair often. Needless to say I was NOT gonna risk having my hair fry off and or end up a funky color.

March 4th, 2013, 07:33 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
ive done it twice now and will do it until baby is born, i generally wait two months or so between dye jobs

March 4th, 2013, 07:42 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a couple of times with normal results. If you are nervous about strange colors, you can always do a patch test.

There are a lot of no ammonia or henna colors that are semi permanent and low odor.
March 4th, 2013, 07:57 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't this pregnancy but I have done it in the past with normal results however once I did it just a couple weeks after giving birth and that was a disaster from the hormones lol. That was even at the salon! So I am thinking about coloring it right before giving birth, that way I will have a couple months for the hormones to even back out before I am due again.

March 4th, 2013, 08:52 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I colored my hair myself for the first time ever about a week ago. I am happy with how it came out. I used a no ammonia oil dye that is new from garnier. Im really happy with it.
zkat likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 04:04 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do! I dye my roots once every few months. I mix up my own from Sally's Beauty Supply. I just put a little on my roots and make sure I am in a well ventilated room with the fan on.

March 5th, 2013, 06:58 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
lol Karry, that's why I was nervous about it. I know as long as I'm in a well ventilated room and all that, but I was more concerned with if my hormones are that crazy and what it might do to my hair! LOL The color is very close to my own, I don't do crazy colors or anything.

Oh well, it's just hair right?! I think I'm going to go for it!!

March 5th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I think you should go for it

I've never used a box dye while pregnant, I only go to the salon because I get highlights done, but last time with DD i got my hair coloured a couple of weeks before delivery and I just got my hair done in January. No funky colours! Although i've heard it can happen

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 5th, 2013, 07:29 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't so far this pregnancy but I have plenty with my other pregnancies. It always turned out fine. The only reason I haven't this time around is my hair is soooooo long now that I would need multiple boxes to cover it all and I'm just too lazy to mess with all that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search