If you really knew me....

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 08:12 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
you'd know that ________________.

March 4th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Veteran
I am a volunteer. of all sorts I have a hard time saying no to helping out with any kind of cause.
I coached special Olympics for 8 years
I run a free preschool for my community
I do Storyhour at our local library
I am our rec board secretary an organize events, fundraisers, bonspiels hockey tournaments. Make a newsletter, line up kitchen workers and other volunteers.

And I love every busy minute!!!

March 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
hmm
That I was adopted when I was 10 days old
~*Kudzu*~ and 4hearts like this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 5th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Rochelle
That I'm misunderstood a lot.
That I have a HUGE sense of humor!
That I cry at the drop of a hat.
That I hate crowds of people and prefer to be in secluded quiet places.
That I can't stand being an only child.
That my MIL is my arch nemesis.
That friends call me up to have me interpret their dreams.
That my children are my life and I don't ever want them to move away from me bc I will wither up and die.. true story..
That I'm mostly kidding with the statement above but I did tell them that they can move in with their spouses and kids and I would be just fine with that as long as one of them is working.
That I'm extremely long winded.
March 5th, 2013, 09:33 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You would know that Im extremely protective. Not only of my family but of my friends. And if I feel someone harms my family/friends I am not above getting revenge on the person who hurt my family/friend.

That Im often referred to as mom by friends as they all come to me for advice as I am rarely wrong(often if my advice isnt followed my friends later always end up saying I should have listened to you...your always right. Ha)
crawmommy likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a very emotional person, but I can't stand to let others see my emotions. I save it all up for my hubby
March 5th, 2013, 02:55 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that I sort my skittles by color and eat them in pairs. If there is an odd one, I give it to DH. Severe OCD people! lol

March 5th, 2013, 03:08 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I hate to have people upset at me. Or to think someone might not like me.

March 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't like my food to touch. I'm so OCD about it that I will either get a much bigger plate than I need to make sure there is space between all my foods or I will just use my kids plates that have dividers. Even DF has fixing my plate down to a science lol.
farmfourmama likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You would know:

That I am type A (although others have whispered A+++)
I worry lots
I engage in conflict for a living and hate personal conflict.
I am conservative although I am generous when not told that I have to.

March 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
I don't like my food to touch. I'm so OCD about it that I will either get a much bigger plate than I need to make sure there is space between all my foods or I will just use my kids plates that have dividers. Even DF has fixing my plate down to a science lol.
My DH does the same thing I always end up just using like two small plates one for the entree. Another for the veggies or side. Hahaha He also does the skittle color seperation thing too

March 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am terribly stubborn and always right.

I'm a bit OCD about time. I'm much more mellow now because of DH but I had some anxiety issues in school. I used to schedule everything in increments of 5 minutes, including my meals. If something took longer than 5 minutes, I stopped eating it and moved on to the next item even if I was still wanting to eat it.

I'm such a perfectionist to the point where I refuse to do something if I know that it will not turn out to be exactly how I want it.

My type A personality has been known to make me physically ill.

Despite all of that crazy high anxiety personality, I love doing goofy random things.

I am very shy, but still manage to come across as confident in social situations
March 5th, 2013, 04:55 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm pretty liberal and open-minded.
I feel really strongly about my support in gay rights and everyone should have the right to marry whomever they want.
I'm an extreme planner, total perfectionist, and pretty much a control freak. If something doesn't go "as planned", it's usually the end of the world.
I've dealt with high anxiety, depression, and panic attacks my whole life.
I have almost every trait of an adult child of an alcoholic.
I've become somewhat of a germaphobe, and it seems to get worse with the older I get!!

March 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a b type personality

I have a superb memory. O the point that I pretend to forget random facts about people because it freaks them out

I won't argue something unless I have verified I am correct, and I feel super strong about the subject matter ( rarely will I argue politics or religion unless I know my debate partner is fact driven and fair)
March 5th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I remember birthdays of pretty much anyone that tells me theirs. It's weird. Sometimes I look at the date and think "something is special about today....oh yeah, it's so-and-so's birthday from elementary school." It's a fun party trick. My high school friends challenge me to say everyone's birthday when we have our once in a blue moon get-togethers.
4hearts likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 06:47 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I thought of something else.

I can mirror write in cursive and read text written backwards in cursive.
March 5th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen78 View Post
I remember birthdays of pretty much anyone that tells me theirs. It's weird. Sometimes I look at the date and think "something is special about today....oh yeah, it's so-and-so's birthday from elementary school." It's a fun party trick. My high school friends challenge me to say everyone's birthday when we have our once in a blue moon get-togethers.
I'm abnormally good at this too and names. I conceal it usually so people won't think I'm a freak.. haha
Karen78 likes this.
March 5th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
Buffets are the devil!! Agreed!! Hahaha this is so me!!!

March 6th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am afraid of bare feet and fish/sea life. I don;'t like to swim in lakes, rivers, ponds or oceans because of this and my husband has to wear socks when we DTD.

I also have an issue with people who don't respect my personal space. You can talk to me without touching me. I promise. This rule is null and void for my husband kids and grandmother.

March 6th, 2013, 06:43 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have an issue with feet. I am used to DH's now, but when we were dating, he put his bare feet on mine and I started gagging. I ran to get socks immediately. He still teases me about that and it was 8 years ago.

I am a fiercely loyal friend/relative and have a lot of difficulty with people who mistreat those I love. Although, I have become less vengeful about it.

Which leads to the biggest thing. I am a very different person today than I was about 5 years ago. About that time, God got a bit sick of some of the ways I was living my life and let me know in no uncertain terms that things had to change. I am still a work in progress, but have been drastically changed by a Jesus who loves me despite all my faults.
overlinmommy17 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search