who's throwing your shower?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By edgeofelise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 11:56 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
a friend and a cousin both mentioned wanting to help with one, but there are no plans as of yet. I'm not sure if I should startplanning on my own and let them know when, etc. I didn't think anyone really threw their own, but I am seeing it more. What are you doing?
March 5th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not throwing my own (I would feel strange doing that). I had two surprise showers, one hosted by my mom and one by my MIL with DD and this time my friends are planning a little something for us girls to do together (but not really a typical "shower") and DH's friend is planning a surprise one at his place (that I found out about)

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 5th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Friends are throwing one this month and family are planning one for April.
March 5th, 2013, 01:08 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think I want one. I really hate all the games and cheesy stuff and social gatherings are not fun for me at all. Plus we have DD's birthday party a few days before my due date (doing it a week early since I'm due 2 days before her birthday) so everyone will be together then. We might just tell people that if they have baby gifts they can bring them to DD's party, though we won't open them there. We really don't need anything so it's all just whether people WANT to get him something. I might want to go get a mani-pedi with a few girlfriends before the baby comes since I won't be able to reach my feet.
4hearts likes this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

March 5th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH's coworkers are throwing us one, and then my Sunday school class at church is hosting one as well.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 5th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Rochelle
Mom and I were going to throw one for me this being my 4th baby and bc I've never had a shower bc I turned down Mom's offer to throw me one for my 1st baby.

However, I decided to cancel the shower we were planning for this one bc it prob wouldn't work out well for various reasons. One of which being the lack of people to invite.

So now we're having a big bash for DS and DD2's bday's late August AND a "meet the baby thing" all in the same day. Already told the family and they've marked it on their calendar.

Last edited by 4hearts; March 5th, 2013 at 02:29 PM.
March 5th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
If we have one we arr doing it our self. My sister said she was throwing me one but has now changed her mind. So i have to have my own or we wont have one.
March 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not having one because this is my 3rd baby. My first was thrown by my best friend.... with my son, it was Alex's first baby so his best friends threw us one.

March 5th, 2013, 03:14 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
I don't think I want one. I really hate all the games and cheesy stuff and social gatherings are not fun for me at all. Plus we have DD's birthday party a few days before my due date (doing it a week early since I'm due 2 days before her birthday) so everyone will be together then. We might just tell people that if they have baby gifts they can bring them to DD's party, though we won't open them there. We really don't need anything so it's all just whether people WANT to get him something. I might want to go get a mani-pedi with a few girlfriends before the baby comes since I won't be able to reach my feet.
I couldn't agree with you more. My BIL's wife is throwing a co-ed pre-baby party. I told her I don't want anything traditional (no games or girly stuff). Men will be invited, too. It will just be a simple get-together.

March 5th, 2013, 04:04 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
As much as I could use one being so long between babies, no one has really mentioned it so I better make a plan to buy some stuff haha

March 5th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My sisters are throwing me one back home but I said under a few conditions No CHEESY games and they cannot spend a lot doing it(my older sis likes to go all out and she does not have $). We decided to do it after the babies are born so my family could meet the babies too
My bff said she would throw me one here but said she wants to do it after the babies are born so people know what to get and do a meet the babies deal with No GAMES just snacks, booze and good company!

March 5th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My co-workers already did one and my moms co-worker is shes pretty much like family
March 5th, 2013, 05:52 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I won't be having one that I know of, since it's baby #3. My first with Lily was thrown by my sister and SIL. It was the traditional baby shower, but I love those! The shower with Abri was a surprise cookout/really casual shower that DH planned. He had one of my best friends from college come into town for the weekend, plus our local friends and family. It was co-ed, no games. Mostly just hang out in the backyard and some of the women brought gifts. It was really fun too
March 5th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty much planning my own, MIL and friends are helping but I'm way too much of a control freak to let someone completely throw me one lol you could definitely plan your own too, not a big deal these days. You deserve a shower and if no one is offering to throw u one then plan it yourself. Plus showers are a bit pricey so I wouldn't expect someone to fully pay for all of it.

Ps: I'm definitely not having a traditional one since guys are invited too, it's kinda like a party.

March 5th, 2013, 10:59 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are having one where we live thrown by our friends the beginning of April and then my family (sisters/mom/aunt and possibly stepmom) are throwing one for me in my hometown the end of April. I'm hoping we get a lot of the things that we registered for (vs things people just think we should have, ha) because we have NOTHING! (Other than the clothes I can't stop buying. )
March 6th, 2013, 06:57 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if its a regional thing or what but here baby showers are thrown by your maid of honor and bridesmaids (no matter when you got married for the first one) and if you are not married but your mil or your SO's mom.

So mine was thrown by my bridesmaids about 3 years after my wedding. Unfortunately that does not work for everyone because not everyone stays in contact but it seems to be how it works in my area at least so there is little confusion and everyone who wants to be apart of it contacts one of those ladies.

March 6th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SO's step-mom and my good friend are throwing my shower together.

#1, 4, 5, 7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search