labor plan inquiry of doctor

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
At the last appointment the doctor asked my plan for delivery. I said quick and easy. Thought it a little odd that she asked if I planned to do a vaginal (first 2 were vaginal. Why would I plan differently). Our entire plan - epidural and quick.

Anyone else have their plan ready?

March 5th, 2013, 07:16 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Limited interventions and drug free.

March 5th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hypnobabies NCB and then planning to EBF and room in... my hospital and OB practice are super NCB friendly and hypnobabies is very popular around here so they will be totally cool with it. I feel like I don't even need a real birth plan written up, I will just go with the flow on all their policies. This place is so crunchy, they don't even perform circumcision there, if you want it done you have to get the ped to do it at the first check up. They have jacuzzi tubs and dimmer lights for laboring and stuff. So yeah... just gonna go with the flow

(I am *so excited* btw when I had M, we lived in a completely non-NCB-friendly part of the country and this is all a big thrill for me, yay for crunchy NorCal!!)

March 5th, 2013, 08:35 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doing everything I can to have a VBAC. Laboring at home as long as I can (the hospital is just a five minute drive away) and keeping things as intervention-free as possible.
4hearts, alittlelost and Gen88 like this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

March 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Limited interventions, drug free, and I plan to EBF immediately after delivery and have the baby stay in the room with me. I don't know anything about the hospital yet, so hopefully I won't have to fight that hard to get what I want.
Gen88 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 5th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Labor at home and get to the hospital in time just to push the baby out drug free. Had DS natural and hoping for another natural delivery as well. I really hate how they shove their arm inside your hooha to check you if you're dilated so I'm trying to avoid that lol

March 6th, 2013, 01:09 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Well barring from any emergencies or change in my low risk pregnancy we plan on having a home birth.
4hearts likes this.

March 6th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Doctor is doing a repeat c section on june 19 provided i dont go early.
March 6th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Planning to labour at home for as long as I can, since the hospital is only a few minutes away and I'm already pre-registered. I'll have access to a birthing tub if I want - which I'm sure I will. In Ontario it's standard practice to have skin-to-skin contact immediately after birth, so EBF for sure. Also, since I'm using a midwife at the hospital, they'll discharge us 2-4 hours after delivery.

March 6th, 2013, 06:25 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This being my first, it's hard to say what will happen. I want limited interventions and drug free, but I know that sometimes you change your mind and sometimes circumstances don't allow for what you want. I'm nervous because I'll be having this baby in a small hospital now that we've moved and I don't know if I'm going to have to really fight for what I want.

March 6th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Super Mommy
I am praying for no interventions, but having had pre-e twice I'm not keeping my hopes incredibly high. If I don't develop it again, NCB here for me! EBF with baby in the room with me.
March 6th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
My "plan" is to stay at home for as long as possible (hoping I actually go into labour this time on my own if my water breaks to avoid oxytocin). If I need/want the epidural i'll get it but I made it 14 hours without (and on oxytocin) last time so I think as long as i'm dilating I might be able to handle the contractions without it. We shall see. I like being able to walk around and go to the washroom etc. so being hooked up to IV's really sucks. Even with my epidural I could feel/move my legs perfectly fine and kept wanting to stand up

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 6th, 2013, 07:48 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping for an NCB this time. Fully planning on taking advantage of the hospital's whirlpool tubs. EBF immediately and will keep her in the room with us. We loved having DD with us. I shouldn't have any trouble with being able to do things the way I want. My mom is one of the hospital administrators, so people usually go out of their way to be extra nice and helpful when a member of my family is there.
Kim3 likes this.

March 6th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I see a lot of posts saying you plan on keeping baby in the room with you. Is there an option not to? I know here, unless you have some kind of medical complication or the baby does, baby HAS to room with you

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 6th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalynas_Mom View Post
I see a lot of posts saying you plan on keeping baby in the room with you. Is there an option not to? I know here, unless you have some kind of medical complication or the baby does, baby HAS to room with you
Some hospitals need to take the baby back to the nursery for specific exams they can't do in your room (hearing test etc), with DD we just sent DH along too and they didn't take long. And in many areas it is not uncommon for them to keep the baby in the nursery for a few hours at a time so "mom can get some rest", esp at night. This can interfere with the constant nursing that helps EBFing (pulling your milk in) so most EBFing moms want to keep baby nearby and BF on demand round the clock. My hospital with DD was fine either way, once I told them I was EBFing and rooming in, they never asked again. But DH said there were several babies in the nursery just being watched by nurses for some time so their moms could take a break, that was common in my old hospital.

March 6th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Oh okay. They did DDs hearing test in my room and the only time she left was for a bath and I went with her (and I don't think that was because I was breastfeeding). Other than that I carried her in my wheelchair from the delivery room to the room I would be staying in. I don't know anyone who was given the option of having baby go to the nursery so they could sleep, even if they were FFing.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 6th, 2013, 11:53 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm planning on actually making it to my hospital this time. That will be an accomplishment. Otherwise, labor at home as long as possible in order to allow for the 45 minute drive. As few interventions as possible (nothing but pitocin after the birth last time) and med-free childbirth. Rooming in is standard. We will not be circumcising.
March 6th, 2013, 04:30 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a birth plan, but I also realize that things change, and I will not get discouraged if things don't go the way I am hoping. That being said, my plan is limited intervention, (hopefully) drug free, EBF, keep baby in room.

March 6th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3 View Post
our entire plan - epidural and quick.
ditto!!!
March 6th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
repeat csection...then get the hell out of the hospital and back in my own bed as soon as possible!
farmfourmama and Kim3 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search