Anyone experiencing depression and anxiety?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2013, 09:05 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So for about the past month Ive been very depressed and and just always so anxious feeling. Im just not sure why I'm feeling this way. This entire pregnancy ivehad such a hard time getting excited about this baby and ive never been this way with any of my babies! I have a 12 month old who from day one has just been a very hard to please kind of baby. She had terriable collic for 4 months then has been the worst teether she literally cries for hours just chewing on her fingers. She also has had issues with dairy botheri g her..Shes been glued to me from day one and has been ebf from day one untilnbout 9 months when I had to supplement due to being pregnant and my supply going down some.. anyways its just seems she been a hard baby and ive never had any breaks and I think the anxiety of it all happening again is getting. To me..shes just now getting a lil independent and becoming close to daddy which helps give me a break. I also babysit a 5 month who lately just seems to cry and fuss all day which is stressing me out... I want to quit babysittjng him I just don't know how to tell them and they just think I will babysit him foreve. I just cant mentally handle it right now. I literally cry several times a day.. I haveno motivation for anything. Im so moody and snappy toward everyone. I hate how I am lately,like I just feel like I cant stand myself and how I feel.. anyone have any suggestions or have felt the same way... I just want to feel better. I try to talk to hubby but he just doesn't understand.
thanks ladies in advance

March 6th, 2013, 10:00 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I say stop babysitting! I get anxiety too, and I realized that I have to be honest with everyone about my own needs, even if it feels selfish. You need to be selfish right now. You have to fill up your cup before you can give to anyone else, and you're about to have another baby who needs you very much, along with your other littles. If something stresses you out, don't do it. Last time I was pregnant I let my boss bully me into working until a week before my due date. I felt too guilty to leave sooner. This time around, I know what I'm getting into and I know how important it is to take some time for myself to enjoy the relative calm before the storm. I'm leaving 6 weeks early so we can have some weekends with just DD to relax and play. Getting into a good mental space is so important before you have a newborn. Don't worry about what might offend other people, just do what you need to do to take care of yourself! Big hugs!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

March 6th, 2013, 10:48 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Big hugs!! I have been in your place with a colicky baby and it is miserable for everyone. I agree that you might want to see about no longer babysitting the other child. You've got enough to worry about with a challenging toddler and a new baby coming soon, you don't need the added stress of a high maintenance infant that's not even yours. Talk to your OB/midwife/care provider about your feelings, especially if they continue. There are safe medications while pregnant and breastfeeding that can help. I went on Zoloft at 36 weeks with my last pregnancy as a preventative for PPD (I had pretty bad PPD with Lily). I stayed on the meds until probably 6 months post partum, which was when the reflux and colic really calmed down for Abri.
March 6th, 2013, 02:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs Hun. I agree with stopping babysitting. I've had a hard time connecting this pregnancy as well. Thinking of you!

March 6th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to send a huge hug: Our first was quite the handful. Literally cried 23 hours per day. Luckily our second was a breeze. No way there would be a third if the second was like the first. KWIM.

March 6th, 2013, 02:47 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Definitely. It's been really bad with this pregnancy, more so than it's been at all in the past year or more. I'm having a really hard time connecting with the pregnancy and baby, it's gotten pretty bad. I'm actually going to start seeing a therapist in a few weeks, as soon as I'm back in FL for good. Hoping that will help! Hugs, feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk (or FB message me)! We can commiserate together!

March 6th, 2013, 03:36 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I struggle with anxiety and depression pretty bad even not pregnant. The depression has stayed in check this pregnancy despite being off meds so that has been nice, but man the anxiety is a killer with no medication! I just get so overwhelmed on almost a daily basis and I have to have meltdowns and just cry.

I agree that you can't keep babysitting another child along with your own young toddler AND being pregnant. The name of the game with anxiety is to try and keep triggers to a minimum.

Therapy like Brianne is starting might be an option to look into until after the baby is born. Also if it just becomes too much, you could talk to your doctor about a low dose anti-depressant.

Hugs, at least know that you are not alone!

March 6th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks so much girls. Its good to know I'm not alone! Its great to have a place to come to for advice and people who understand!!! I go to the dr next week and plan on talking to them about it and have thought about looking into some therapy as well!

March 7th, 2013, 06:16 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I finally gave in this week and started zoloft. I had been on it during my first, but made it through the second without it. The depression has been much worse this pregnancy, and already I can feel a positive difference with just the lowest dose. Hang in there!

March 7th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Super Mommy
I suffer from anxiety even when Im not pregnant and as a result have to take zoloft for it. When I am horomonal I tend to get even MORE anxious so my doc said its best for me to stay on it even through out the pregnancy. The way you are feeling is TOTALLY normal. I agree with the other ladies and think you should stop the babysitting. Hang in there mama!
March 7th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Thanks I really hope something can be done @ my next apt! This morning has been extremely stressful! My kids have been sick and ive literally had no sleep all week so that's making things so much more worse! I normally have anxiety too without being pregnant its been 10x worse during this pregnancy and was pretty bad during my last too but my Dr acted like I was fine.. there's a nurse practictioner I see besides my reg obgyn and shes very understanding so I plan on talking to her!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search