State of your house

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2013, 10:44 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Is your house cleaner than it was in the first trimester?

March 7th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Veteran
This is a depressing question.... Lol does that answer it???!
4hearts likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 12:19 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sigh. A little but not much. Im still just exhausted all the time and when Im not tired i start cleaning but never get far before Im tired again and I give up. Or the days I dont get tired and feel up to cleaning then DD seems to always interrupt me or she starts freaking out wanting me to hold her or she wants to "help" lol and you all know a two year olds helping is just giving mom more to do.....example...ever try to fold clothes with a 2 year old "helping"? You fold two things...they unfold one. Lol

March 7th, 2013, 12:21 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Sigh. A little but not much. Im still just exhausted all the time and when Im not tired i start cleaning but never get far before Im tired again and I give up. Or the days I dont get tired and feel up to cleaning then DD seems to always interrupt me or she starts freaking out wanting me to hold her or she wants to "help" lol and you all know a two year olds helping is just giving mom more to do.....example...ever try to fold clothes with a 2 year old "helping"? You fold two things...they unfold one. Lol
This exactly. I seriously could have wrote this word for word.

March 7th, 2013, 03:33 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I can say that I think/hope I have turned a corner! My house has been so clean for the past week. I just started getting sick (sore throat, body aches, etc) so I am afraid it will all go down the drain. I want to keep it up so bad because it helps with my mood when my house is clean, I hate to say it. I feel better and happier when it's clean. Before the past week or so, it was always messy.

March 7th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Difficult. We are still purging. Got all the boxes, etc. out of Ellianna's room. Have different colors painted on the wall trying to choose. Went through tons of old clothing to give to others - which leaves some in different areas of the house. There is progress but it looks worse on the way to getting where it needs.

March 7th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Today it is! Haha. We had a snow day yesterday and DH came home at like 8am (he leaves at 4:45am) We cleaned the house and did all the laundry. I just have two loads left to put away. We have another snow day today and I'm going to work on the babies room and try can get things organzied from my work baby shower.
March 7th, 2013, 06:31 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I don't have a house yet, so I can't answer! LOL

March 7th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Super Mommy
I've been doing pretty good the last couple months. The last couple days however, me and my boys (not the hubby) have all had the stomach flu so none of us wants to do anything, especially me. I hate having the stomach flu and it's so much worse when I'm preggo!
March 7th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Its about the same. With the kids they destroy the living room so I gave up running behind them all the time. Plus my fatigue is coming back so I have no energy.

March 7th, 2013, 07:13 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
much cleaner. Partly thanks to my mom though - she has been coming over during the day and helping me purge the basement, reorganize my sons room and basically just go through all my junk. =)

I'm going to be watching my cousins two month old in a few weeks for about 2 months so I wanted to make sure everything was ready to go before I started taking care of him.

March 7th, 2013, 08:28 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My house looks like a bomb went off. We are moving in 2 weeks so boxes are everywhere and stuff has been pulled out that is waiting to be packed. My floors need scrubbed like crazy, but DH broke my steam mop and I haven't had time to go buy a new one. I may borrow my aunt's between now and moving time so I don't buy one just to worry about it breaking in the move. I am hoping that I can get the new house organized in a few weeks and then have a nice clean house. I will try anyway...

March 7th, 2013, 08:45 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
Ugh, my house was actually cleaner during my first trimester. I can work through morning sickness... but being straight up exaughsted... nothing is going to get done. I get sick of looking at the clutter and I'll straighten up but I'm pretty sure there's a sticky spot on the end table that's been there for two weeks. I'm trying to just do basics: keep up with laundry, chaos control on dd's room. I'm just so tired and my hips are hurting so bad. The hubs has been excellent though... I haven't touched the dishes in months!
March 7th, 2013, 08:55 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
It is about the same here. My kids are still as messy as they were back then
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

March 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My house is so much cleaner!!!!!! Omg I was a WRECK in the 1st tri and NOTHING got cleaned. It is way more under control now.

March 7th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ummmm definitely. I didn't clean in weeks during my first trimester. Now, I can't stop cleaning even though I'm tired all the time.

March 7th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It totally is! The last couple weeks, I've caught the cleaning bug, and I've been scrubbing everything and staying on top of the dishes. The only room that is still a total disaster is our office/guest bedroom/temporary baby room. DH uses the room for work, and the amount of Latin/AP World History tests that are piled everywhere is insane. We have Spring Break in 2.5 weeks, and we're going to tackle this room. Then we have like 2 months until we have to move, so it probably won't stay clean for long.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 7th, 2013, 03:17 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is a lot cleaner than it was the first trimester. I am absolutely exhausted and having soooo much tailbone/hip/SPD pain but the nesting is killer. I can't stop cleaning no matter how crappy I feel!

March 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Rochelle
It is slightly better but hat 1st tri really screwed me up and I can't seem to catch up!
March 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Yes, much cleaner... I'm home full time now!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search