Nicknames

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Do you have nicknames for your kids?

I've called the girls by their nicknames since birth. Madison is Girlfriend, Hailey is Hailey Bug and Zackary has become little man.

March 7th, 2013, 07:23 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yup I call JD "Bubba" more often than JD. No idea why it started but its been since he was a newborn. I think cause he was so chubby then.

He won't let you call him babe, sweetie, honey or anything but Bubba is okay. LOL

March 7th, 2013, 07:53 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes. I call DD Baby alot. And her nickname from birth has been Tinkbug from birth. So she gets derivatives of that...Bug....stinkbug...bugaboo. Lol its Pretty sad sometimes I think she is convinced her name is Baby or Bug. Ive been trying to correct that.

March 7th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Alex has always been Goose and all that took was one game of duck duck goose. Sebastian was Pumpkin Pie, but its been cut short to Pie.

Poor kids.

March 7th, 2013, 08:40 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
Bug seems to be pretty common.
dd is called Lily Bug, Bug-a-wugga, or just the bug. I have no clue how it started, but it wasn't by me. For a while there you asked her name she would reply, "bug!"
MamaSkunk likes this.
March 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaleigh has been called "J" since she was born. My mom also calls her Jaleigh Bean (like jelly bean) but that's her special little nickname for her.

At home Kiefer gets called "Kief", "Kieferpotamus", or "Wild Bill" (his middle name is William and he is usually a pretty out of control kid lol.) At daycare, everyone calls him "Little K". The daycare director actually has a grown son named Kiefer who helps out and started the nickname. The two Kiefer's love each other so I think it's an extra special nickname.

Last edited by ashleykathleen; March 7th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
March 7th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Super Mommy
Isaac is usually Isaacasaurus.

Gabe has always been Gabey Baby.

I call both of them baby doll, pumpkin/pumpkin pie, sweet pea, sweet cheeks and now that they're getting older, punk has been popping up a lot more
March 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I call DD "Monster" I don't remember why it started but she's our little monster.

#1, 4, 5, 7
March 7th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Rochelle
DD1- "Zin" shortened for her mn Zinnia
DS- "Babyboy"
DD2- "Adleheid" long version of her name "Heidi". Yea, I know, weird that I call her a longer version of her name that's not even her name. I like saying it in a German accent though. It's not a daily occurrence that I call her that though bc Heidi sounds kind of nick-namey to begin with.
March 7th, 2013, 02:59 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bourne's nickname is Biggie (Yes, he is in the 3% for weight)

As a baby, DH always called him Little man to me, but when talking to him, he called him Big Man (he didn't want him to grow up with little man complex). When B was about 6 months old, DH said "Hey, BIGGIE!" we got the longest, most jolly belly laughs and shrieks, so it has stuck.
March 7th, 2013, 03:06 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This baby is going to be our first, but we're already calling her Anner Nanners.

March 7th, 2013, 05:25 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
The girls already go by a nickname. Liliana is called Lily. Her pre-k teacher calls her Lily-Lu. Abrielle goes by Abri. We call the girls sweet pea a lot. I call Abri baby girl some too.
March 7th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Super Mommy
I have called Reagan "peanut" since she was little because she has always been so small. DH calls her Rea Rea, which used to drive me crazy, but I have learned to get over it.
March 7th, 2013, 05:46 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter is Madelyn Grace, we call her Maddie of course, Mads, Grace, Gracie, and then I call her Goose, angel and stinky wink.

March 7th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
dd's official nickname is chunky baby. she use to be HUGE!! But now she is a skinny mini so it is funny when our close friends call her chunky. I call her sweet peas or baby a lot too.

March 7th, 2013, 10:30 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
I'm not a fan of nicknames - one of the reason why I love DS's name so much, you can't make a nickname out of it at all. With this LO, the two names we are looking at both can be shortened...not excited about that but it won't stop me from choosing either name.

As far as "pet" names...I call DS "amor" and DH calls him "buddy"...both started from birth. DH calls LO "betty"...started out as a joke but seems to be sticking with him =-/

March 7th, 2013, 11:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
David usually gets referred to as brother
Katelynn is sissy
Everett is bo bo (Katelynns pet name for him)

March 8th, 2013, 12:16 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyla0709 View Post
Isaac is usually Isaacasaurus.

Gabe has always been Gabey Baby.

I call both of them baby doll, pumpkin/pumpkin pie, sweet pea, sweet cheeks and now that they're getting older, punk has been popping up a lot more
When I started nannying for one of the families I work for, the baby was 7 weeks old. I always called him Pumpkin for some reason (though I never gave the older one a nickname) and then it got shortened to Punki and then Punk. To this day (almost 5 years later), he's still my Punk!

I've been calling this baby Turtle Baby, so I have a feeling he will be our little Turtle! And who knows what other nicknames I may give him, I guess it depends on what his name ends up being! I have nicknames for my younger siblings and my nieces and the kids I babysit. Also our dogs. So, I don't see how this kid would be any different!
March 8th, 2013, 12:24 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post
I've been calling this baby Turtle Baby, so I have a feeling he will be our little Turtle! And who knows what other nicknames I may give him, I guess it depends on what his name ends up being! I have nicknames for my younger siblings and my nieces and the kids I babysit. Also our dogs. So, I don't see how this kid would be any different!
My parents called me turtle from birth because I would do this weird thing where I would tuck my head down like a turtle in its shell. As I got older, I was always really poky and took my time with everything (still do hehehe!) so they continued calling me turtle. To this day, at 26 years old, my still calls me Turtle

March 8th, 2013, 12:57 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jocelyn is Joce Bear, Monkey, or Princess

Gabe is bubba-dub or bub

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search