baby Shower "mother to be Ettique" Invitations?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 11:18 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
A few friends and a couple of distant relative have offered to all help with a baby shower. We have a group message about it on Facebook. i want to help but do not want to overstep my boundaries or sound pushy. i think I am just excited about the shower and the idea of may being here

So maybe I am getting ahead of myself but I am just trying to be helpful.

Today is March 7th. My shower is being planned for May 11th so we got about 2 months. From what I read invitations should be sent out about a month ahead of time so I figure in the mail by April 11th.

My aunt volunteered to make invitations with the help of some cousins etc. I am really grateful for that, she is really crafty. they all live about 3 hours away and I am not super close with that side of my family.

I am just wondering what i should be doing to help. I made a list of people to invite that I have but have not shared with anyone yet. My aunt know roughly the number of invites.

No one has been talking about the planning recently. I am just wondering if i should offer my list to someone or should I wait to be asked/ i am not really sure who will be addressing the invites and mailing them out. Should i be trying to get addresses together? Can I suggest we start a Facebook group to collect addresses, a few of the girls mentioned this.

Or should I just keep my nose out of it and be patient.?? LOl I want to help because I am just an organized person but i do not want to come off as pushy or bossy or nothing like that.

be honest what do you ladies think?
March 7th, 2013, 11:29 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am planning my two sisters and I are planning my Sister in laws shower for end of April.

Go ahead and get addresses together. Some people can be slow to respond and you don't want to scramble. As far as the rest of it, just relax and show up. It is your special day to enjoy, no reason for you to be working.

I have been asking my SIL questions as we go as far as what she wants (co-ed BBQ instead of tea and crumpets; cupcakes vs. cake, flavors, types of food, guest list etc) because I want her to enjoy it, but I would be upset if she tried to do any work. It is a party to honor her, my brother and my nephew. No reason for her to be doing any of it.
March 7th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think you gathering a list of names and addresses is the best That is all that I have ever done for my own shower. In our area people do not throw their own (I think this may be a geographical thing). They are a special event thrown for the lady.
zkat likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for the input!! I guess I will just start on addresses. Maybe let the ladies know I am going to start a Facebook group just to gather addresses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search