Maternity warbrobe

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By 4hearts

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 10:43 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What's in your maternity wardrobe? Do you plan on buying anything more or are you pretty set?

March 7th, 2013, 10:47 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I broke down and made DH buy me a few maternity pants and shirts. So Im set.

March 8th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I need to wear professional clothes to work each day. I have 1/2 a wardobe left over from our first two. This time I supplemented with items from Gap. They actually have nice dresses for work. I purchased some open front sweaters to wear as jackets to make them look appropriate for the office.

March 8th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I went home for Christmas my mom bought me a weeks worth of maternity clothes. I'm pretty set.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 8th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Two pair of maternity jeans, one pair of maternity leggings and maybe half a dozen shirts. Some of my long shirts and sweaters from pre-pregnancy still work, so I wear those as well. And I've also got a few sun dresses and sweater dresses that have a high waist and they still work on me too. Today I'm wearing a blue paisley print sundress with a cardigan over it and leggings under it.

I probably won't be buying any more stuff, I hate to spend money on clothes that I'll only wear for another 3 months. Especially when that money could be going towards baby stuff!

March 8th, 2013, 04:48 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I. LOVE. EBAY!!! lol I've been buying the rest of my summer wardrobe on eBay the last week and it's been AWESOME!! I got a pair of black shorts for $1 (plus $6 for shipping, still a deal), a pair of bathing suit bottoms for $8.60, Motherhood Maternity bermuda shorts for $11.50, and Motherhood Maternity jean capris for $14 (free shipping!!).

I will still look at the consignment sales this weekend and next to see if I find any other bottoms or tank tops for cheap. But I got a TON of hand me down tank tops and t shirts from my friend, so I really don't need to buy much more!

My next option, if I do decide on anymore new clothes, would be walmart online! I didn't realize they sold maternity (they don't in my local stores), but their shorts/capris are $14 with .97 cent shipping if anyone is interested!

March 8th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Rochelle
I'm going to try to make do with what I have for now but I may have to break down and get another pair of shorts or two and a couple more spring shirts. Gonna try to find them at thrifts stores though.
March 8th, 2013, 06:23 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well since Im a sahm mom and I baby sit as well, my wardrobe consist of hoodies and sweatpants most the time, but I have several pairs of mat jeans and cute shirts for when I do get out!! Im pretty set.. only way I'll get anymore maternity is if I see something cute on sale or at consignment!

March 8th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a lot. Definitely enough, but I may get something special to wear to my shower and maternity pics.
March 8th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I only have 2 pairs of sweatpant/yoga pants maternity pants, and one pair (originally bought used in my previous pregnancy) is just sad and saggy... plus it is in a sorta shiny fabric that shows panty line I think I want to ditch those and get a couple pairs of nice black yoga pants or soft palazzo type pants. I was wearing some stretchy non-maternity yoga pants for as long as possible but I just can't stretch them out any more and they are cutting into me. I have enough shirts though and I have a maternity hoodie I am wearing every day. I am basically in 100% maternity already, even my normal hoodies and fleeces don't zip up anymore... I was past 30 weeks when that happened last time!!

March 8th, 2013, 09:51 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
I have nothing. I gave my maternity clothes to my sister, and she doesn't know where they are. Knowing this is my last pregnancy, I just can't seem to let myself buy anything! I don't want to spend the money when I only have 14 weeks left. :/

March 8th, 2013, 12:27 PM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a good amount of wintery type clothes, but I am a little concerned about what I will do in May and June. At work I should be fine, b/c it will be air conditioned, but at home and out and about I am wondering if i will have enough. I don't have any shorts or capris or anything like that, so I might have to get something like that. I will have to see how hot it gets

March 8th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bought a lot when gap & old navy had a good clearance going online. I have had to wear maternity since about 10 weeks or so and I have to dress up for work. I have 2 pairs dress slacks, 2 cords(1 skinny 1 reg), 2 skinny twill pants, 3 skinny jeans, 2 reg jeans from before and 1 maternity leggings. I have like 15 dress tops/sweaters and 4 or 5 casual long & short sleeves, 3 dresses. Sad thing is I am growing out of a few things already. I figure I am not going to buy warm weather clothes and if push comes to shove I will have my mom make me a few moo-moo's bc aint nothing else gonna fit around this giantness shortly!

March 8th, 2013, 01:19 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wear scrubs everyday so I have very limited need for maternity clothes. I have a few pairs of pants, shorts, shirts and dresses. I'm going to try to make do with what I have since I plan on this baby being our last.

March 8th, 2013, 03:44 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pretty set for the rest of cold weather... I only have 1 sundress, 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of capris and 1 t-shirt for warm weather! So I have to go find some shirts and and maybe another dress or two and some more shorts. Ross has become my best friend... I have been checking there every couple weeks.
4hearts likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 04:41 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have enough for winter but will probably buy a pair of shorts and another short sleeve shirt or two for the summer months...and maybe a maxi dress i can wear after pregnancy. I am mostly going to depend on my elastic waist summer skirts for the warm days ahead.
March 8th, 2013, 05:18 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am pretty set. I did have to start over on my maternity work wardrobe because I am a lot skinnier this time. I bought 3 work pants, 1 skirt, 3 dresses, and some dressier shirts. I did get a pair of jeans and a few casual shirts and casual dress too. I did have a few dressy shirts from my sister's maternity clothes and a few shirts and dresses from my maternity clothes that aren't too big. Oh and I had to buy a cocktail dress. We have a black tie fundraiser in May. I shouldn't need anything else. My sister has some summer stuff that I can wear once it gets warmer. I might splurge and get a cute maxi dress for maternity pics but we'll see
March 8th, 2013, 07:13 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
ive got two pair of dress pants for work, two pairs of jeans and a pair of stretchier black pants that i can get away with wearing in public
i than have a bunch of tops left over from DS three years ago and a few pieces i bought new this time around
oh also a couple dresses which i love its just been so **** cold i hate wearing them
i dont plan on buying anything else

March 8th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post
I am pretty set for the rest of cold weather... I only have 1 sundress, 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of capris and 1 t-shirt for warm weather! So I have to go find some shirts and and maybe another dress or two and some more shorts. Ross has become my best friend... I have been checking there every couple weeks.

I forgot about Ross. Gonna have to stop there soon. I got a couple of great things there and TJMaxx last pg.
MrsLat likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've bought 4 maxi dresses which are good while I'm pregnant and will fit after I have her too, also bought a pair of maternity shorts at a consignment store for $5 bucks and they're in great shape. So I'm pretty much set, I'll be wearing my yoga pants and tank tops which still fit plus the stuff I bought. I will be going to buy nursing tank tops and nursing bras when it gets closer to delivery and that's about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search