BP

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have a feeling my BP is starting to climb. My readings have always been in the mid teens to low 120's of 70's but for the last few days its been high 120's/80's and the fatigue is setting in bad and my right ankle is starting to swell just like it did with both girls. (Always just the right). I have an appointment next week so I'll bring it up but I hope its just a minor thing and levels off soon.

March 8th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope it's not your BP and just normal pregnancy swelling because of the lack of blood flow to your lower extremities.

My BP is ALWAYS low (very low) and after some severe bouts of vomiting and pain + swelling + slight protein in my urine + my bp was 138/110 at my last appt and my doctor is starting to worry. BP concerns are never fun to think about. Try to relax as much as possible, hope you feel better and that you get good news at your next apt

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 8th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks. I have Preeclampsia with my pregnancies so I'm hoping its just a minor issue and goes away on its own. At my last appointment it was 130's/80's.

March 8th, 2013, 10:27 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Make sure they take it after you have had a chance to sit for a few. Usually they take it as soon as you get into the room and that just skews the reading IMO. My BP has been 120/70 and at my last it was 120/85 my midwife said she's not concerned because the kids were crazy, I was just rushing around the house. Plus no swelling and my urine dip was negative for protein but we will be keeping a close eye. Try laying on your left side before they take you BP. I'm starting to feel exhausted too, that's pretty normal especially running after 2 litte ones. Hugs Hun! I'll be thinking of you. Oh do you know what your hemoglobin is? That maybe something to look into for the extreme exhaustion.

March 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I normally sit for a few in the room before they come in. I just took it and it was 129/80. The fatigue is really bad. Its like I'm in the beginning of my pregnancy again. I hope it either eases up on its own.

March 8th, 2013, 11:50 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I had severe exhaustion with David and it was from my hemoglobin being only 7 or something like that. Just another idea.

March 8th, 2013, 08:15 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
yikes, hope its just a fluke
i went through high bp with my first as well, started to set in around 28 weeks which is just around the corner for me, im getting worried as well

March 8th, 2013, 08:54 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I get pre-e with all my pregnancies too. They started me on bp meds a long time ago but they'll probably up it soon. It's normal for bp to climb some after 20 weeks but hopefully yours will behave.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
March 9th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wishing everyone some nice low numbers at their next appointment.

March 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I had severe exhaustion with David and it was from my hemoglobin being only 7 or something like that. Just another idea.
I also had severe exhaustion that turned out to be anemia. Got on iron supplements and it got sooooo much better. Definitely worth asking to have checked.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search