2 year old logic

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By zkat
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD has been asking us to go get Tristan on a daily basis now and today she had a bit of toddler logic that had me trying sooooo hard not to laugh cuz she was so serious about it.
Well when ya want or need something ya go to a store....well she told DH today that he needed to go to the store and pick up her "little bother tistin" i didnt know what was funnier....her commanding DH to just go to the store to get the baby...or the fact that she referred to him as her little bother. (Usually she pronounces brother as buther....today it was bother) lol Kids are so cute and they really do say the darnedest things.

March 8th, 2013, 07:31 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That's sweet!! Abri told me that we needed a scuba driver (screwdriver) to get the baby out. I guess she thought some tools were needed to open my belly button.
MamaSkunk likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 08:10 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
love the stuff toddlers say
DS has been asking or stating not sure which "baby come out"
so freaking cute
once shes out im guessing hes going to say baby go back in!

March 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's cute! I'm always amazed by all you mommies with young ones close to Kiefer's age who actually seem to understand a baby is coming. Kiefer is completely clueless despite my constant talking to him about it.
zkat likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
That's cute! I'm always amazed by all you mommies with young ones close to Kiefer's age who actually seem to understand a baby is coming. Kiefer is completely clueless despite my constant talking to him about it.
She doesnt always understand much more than a babys coming. Im not sure she understands he will stay or that she understands what a brother is. Shes been very baby and other kid obsessed as of late. Most friends and family have kids alot older than her. And all the neighbor kids are also older and since its cold we havent gone to the parks so i think shes wanting someone to play with and so she really attached onto the fact that a baby is coming.(which she calls even toddlers like herself babies) And besides...girls like babys more cuz of their dolls. I bet if it were something he was more interested in he would understand.

March 8th, 2013, 10:40 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
^^ My son doesn't seem to understand that a baby is coming. I have tried to talk to him about it and he just kinda zones out and goes back to playing

March 9th, 2013, 01:58 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Add B1 to the "I don't have a use for this info, so I am ignoring you" 2 yr old group. He is more fascinated by my ginormous boobs at the moment. Lol.
MamaSkunk likes this.
March 9th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our kids are 8 and 10 and are getting the idea. We are using this child as an opportunity to teach them where babies come from (without that great an emphasis or actual looking) They know that we have a special area in our bottom area where the baby will deliver. They know she comes in June and I think they are fine waiting. They like having us all to thereselves. This way they can still do whatever.

March 9th, 2013, 11:50 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha, super cute! DD has associated the new baby and the new house. We have been talking about both a lot to get her used to the changes coming, not together tho b/c there are usually different things that prompt us to talk about each one. For the last month or so, any time we say something about the new house, she says something like, "Go to the new house and get the new baby. Lena, baby sister." She will be confused, I think, when we get to the new house in 2 weeks and there is no baby! She told me the other day we need to get Lena a crib bed and two blankeys. (She carries 2 blankeys like Linus and she wants the new baby to have the same.)

Out if curiosity, when is your DD's bday? It sounds like she and my DD are a lot alike. Makes me laugh!
MamaSkunk likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 11:57 AM
DDs bday is 11-08-10. Shes gonna be 2 and 7 months when the baby comes. And with each passing month she seems to understand things more and more

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search