Time Change...>:/

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PurpleStar
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
How is everyone handling the time change?? I am super tired today at work... of course it had to be on my weekend to work!!! ugh!

March 10th, 2013, 08:52 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm alright, the kids didnt get up any earlier or later. I'm exhausted though.

March 10th, 2013, 09:04 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I wasted half the day in bed! Kiefer woke up not feeling too good and fell back asleep at like 10am so it will be interesting to see how the rest of the day treats us...fingers crossed for no major meltdowns!

March 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I cant believe it is almost noon I got a lot of crap to do! We woke up about an hour ' later' I hope I can get dd down for a nap at a regular time and to bed at our regular time.

March 10th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
It hasn't really affected me any. Hailey still woke up at "6" but I made her go back to sleep in our bed for another hour. Other then that I still keep looking at the clock and it just doesn't feel like its 12:30.

March 10th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We forgot until literally just now when I looked at the clock. Alex is asleep right now so we're debating waking him up a bit early so to guarantee that he is good and tired for the new bedtime :\

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

March 10th, 2013, 11:15 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Time changes kick my butt either way....spring or fall.

March 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maui is part of HST (Hawaiian Standard Time) and our clocks don't change, so PST is now 3 hours ahead of us. It's nice not having to worry about it.
overlinmommy17 likes this.

*A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my super fantastic siggy!!*

March 10th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I completely forgot about it until about lunchtime - couldn't figure out why I was so tired!

Arizona doesn't do the time change thing, and we lived there for 8 years before moving here. It certainly takes some getting used to!

March 10th, 2013, 02:27 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Spring change I don't mind at all. It's kind of nice having sunrise and sunset a little later. It sucks in the fall, though, because suddenly it's dark at like 4 pm.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 10th, 2013, 03:32 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We shortened B's nap in hopes to get him down for the new bedtime. Not sure how it will work.
March 10th, 2013, 04:57 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had to wake DD up this morning to make it to church on time. She was tired all day. She hung out with my parents for a couple of hours while we did another packing blitz, we all had dinner there, and she fell asleep in the car snoring less than a mile from their house. She screamed bloody murder when we got her home and tried to get her ready for bed. Now she's having a hard time settling back down. DH is rubbing her back (she loves that) and trying to settle her down. Hopefully she'll be back to normal tomorrow. Yikes. I am fine, but this is kicking her butt.
overlinmommy17 likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 02:49 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I take it back, this one sucks, too! LOL! But once we are used to it, I like a later sunset.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search