Summer baby vs. winter baby

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I am starting to think more about when baby gets here. With my first son, he was born in December, so it was very cold. With this LO i am due June 1st, so it should be quite warm here. Just realizing i have no idea what to bring to the hospital for outfits... Just a onesie? maybe a cute outfit with shorts? or do you still use pants? Never had a newborn in the summertime before.
Any thoughts on this?
March 11th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Super Mommy
i'm in the same boat as you! my ds was born dec. 26th and this one is due july 2nd. i haven't given it much thought yet but i would like to know what other ladies are doing too
March 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had a summer baby and a winter baby already. With my daughter, it was over 100 degrees outside when we brought her home. I ended up bringing her home in just a onesie, thin hat (she was completely bald), and wrapped her in a thin receiving blanket. I may have put socks on her but i honestly cant remember. I will probably go the same route this time as well.

March 11th, 2013, 12:36 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good question. My first was also a Dec. baby and I live in TX, so huge climate change.
March 11th, 2013, 05:26 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went with a cute onesie and skirt for my August 20th baby. It was triple digit heat in Va then. I will prob go with something similar this time.

March 11th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have two girls who were born in October and little man is due beginning of July. I plan to just pack a onesie with shorts and will see the day we go home if I will put the pants on or not.

March 11th, 2013, 07:16 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I had a winter and spring baby. The winter baby I had a sweatsuit and blanket. The spring baby I had a short sleeve outfit and a light blanket just in case (it was maybe 80 when Abri was born). It will be hot at the end of June here. Last summer it was triple digits.
March 11th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydiane521 View Post
i'm in the same boat as you! my ds was born dec. 26th and this one is due july 2nd. i haven't given it much thought yet but i would like to know what other ladies are doing too
My dd was born dec 26th as well

March 11th, 2013, 08:32 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Liam was born August 25th so he went home in a onesie and cotton overalls and little socks
He was outside for a matter of maybe 1 minute before he got in the car

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search