Your dh/so and delivery

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 04:24 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
DH is pretty good. He's not grossed out by anything. My BIL tried to warn him about averting his eyes when the baby came out, but he laughed. He thought it was cool to see the girls being born and didn't scar him for life. He did better during my first labor, maybe because it was a normal length and I had an epidural. The second time went super fast and I was screaming in the bathroom. I think he was kinda scared since our midwife had him call an ambulance instead of trying to drive to the hospital. He was seriously a deer in headlights until we got to L&D and then he was fine. He does great after labor too- he changes all the diapers in the hospital and helps me get positioned for nursing.
March 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH was pretty good but a bit more freaked out than I expected. I think seeing me in a hospital setting and gown and all was giving him flashbacks to my ectopic emergency surgery where they were really worried I might not make it, that had been only one year before, almost to the day. He was not really able to give me the kind of support I wanted, partly due to just not knowing much about birthing, despite my occasional education attempts while he was trapped in the car with me what I really wanted was a doula and I will be getting one this time

He was fantastic after the birth. Stayed with DD for all her little nursery trips etc, helped out a ton. I hope attending hypnobabies class with me will also help him know what to do more this time.

March 13th, 2013, 05:38 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH was generally pretty good when I was in labor with DD. The only things that bugged me were a bit of whining about being tired and the texting. He was texting our families in the waiting room, but it irritated the heck out of me. He almost lost his phone (like I almost grabbed it and threw it against the wall) when he was texting them when I was getting ready to push. I just wanted to get her out and he was saying wait until he finished his text! But in general, he was pretty good and it was a long time (28.5 hours). He got me ice, held my hand, fixed my hair, talked me through it, all that good stuff. After she was born, he was amazing. He insisted on changing her first diaper, he went to the nursery with her while I got cleaned up a bit, and when she roomed in with us, he jumped in to do everything for both of us. He also went out and got me a HUGE plate of sushi for dinner, which I had been craving for months (again this time, too). He held down the fort that night, too, while I took a nice, long shower. I imagine things will be much the same this time (minus the texting, my mom works at the hospital, so these people know her and will tell her things, in VA they wouldn't tell her what was going on).

March 13th, 2013, 06:12 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
my hubby is a rockstar at supporting!!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

March 13th, 2013, 03:58 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My DH has been awesome from the beginning. Our first was born 15 weeks early only 2 weeks after our wedding, but he was wonderful support and never left my side. He has now caught four of our babies, the last two with no assistance (speedy births at home, midwife didn't make it). I am seeing a midwife and hope this one drives faster but the reality is.. he's the only one I really want there.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search