Your dh/so and delivery

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2013, 09:08 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How do you think your DH will be during delivery?
BTDT moms, how would you describe your DH in past deliveries?

March 11th, 2013, 10:39 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im not sure how he will be this time but it better be better than last time or I will prolly shove his man parts down his throat. During my awful 24 hour labor with DD....he slept and whined if I asked him to help me. Grrr.

March 12th, 2013, 02:59 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband was amazing. He totally was there for me the whole time. He would help hold me up during contractions and he never left my side ( we got there at 5 am and I was in the tub so he ran out to eat) but after that he was the one there for me all day straight (she was born at 3:30pm).
4hearts likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 04:03 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
With my c section he planned to go in but right before I saw on his face that it would probably traumatize him so I said he didn't have to haha. My mom went in. He stayed the entire time I was in the hospital and I don't blame him at all for not wanting to see that. He was going to go in even though he clearly didn't want to. I wouldn't want to watch that either haha

March 12th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH was good. He liked seeing our children actually come out.

March 12th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had an emergency c section and he stayed right near me and kept eye contact the whole time. I could tell he felt helpless. So after they removed S from me, I put him incharge of "guarding the baby" while they stitched me up and moved me to delivery.

He stayed right by the baby for everything until my mom was able to step in and resume guarding so he could meet me in recovery and tell me all about him.

Until my mom stepped in, he was an unmovable force to make sure S was okay and healthy and not being manhandled.
MamaSkunk likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Mike was great during both of my deliveries. With Hailey I cried I was so nervous but he was great to help me calm down. I'm sure he will be great again this time.
March 12th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I believe my husband will be very very supportive. This is our first together. I expect there to be many tears (sobs). I've already started to compile a list of Do's and dont's, not to be mean. I just know come that day, I won't be feeling the most comfortable and I tend to be less tolerant in such conditions. I don't want to upset him on his special day!
Karen78 likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I was pretty surprised at my husband last time. He's always so "weirded out" by pregnancy stuff. I told him if I heard him say "ew, gross" I'd punch him in the face. And he's normally really quiet and shy. When I was pushing he was the BEST coach ever and was very enthusiastic, and I was in shock when he kept looking to watch the baby come out. Later, he said it was the most amazing thing he'd ever seen.
4hearts likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 07:14 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband is really great during labor/delivery. He tries hard For my daughters birth he actually helped the midwife deliver her, and cut the cord!
4hearts likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband was surprisingly amazing. I say surprisingly because he can be pretty squeamish, but he wasn't at all during both my births. He didn't watch DD being born and regretted it, so he watched DS coming out...and regretted it. LOL!
March 12th, 2013, 08:27 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband did really great during my c-section. The only thing that upset him was they wouldn't let him stand up to watch when they were getting close. It wasn't until they started to pull the baby out that they let him stand up incase he fainted or something I'm sure.

DH has a cast iron stomach and I have no doubts he'd be fine. He was really torn right after between running over to the baby and staying with me. It was really sweet but of course I sent him with the baby. Just seeing his eyes well up and that huge smile when the doc said congratulations you have a son! was amazing for me. Of course I was on "bunny clouds" with my mixture of the spinal and the dialuadid so everything has a bit of a smooth edge in my memory. LOL He was in the hospital with me for the full 3 days afterwards too barely leaving the room for a second. This time will be much harder because we have a 3 year old as well and we are going to be torn about leaving him with my sister for too long. I don't know yet what arrangements we are going to have....I've never been away from him for longer than 8 hours.

March 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH was great and supportive and exhausted. I think he was more worried and scared than I was since I was so out of it at the end. I think he will be great again
March 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My husband was out to sea for David and Katelynn, it's something that we healed from with Everett's birth. He was amazing. Very supportive, held me up told me I could when I said I couldn't anymore. He really was amazing and he can't wait to be there again!

March 12th, 2013, 09:22 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DF is pretty awesome in the delivery room. It has taken some trial and error on both our parts for him to figure out exactly what I want him to do. With Jaleigh, I didn't want anyone to talk to me or touch me. With Kiefer, I didn't really want him touching me but I was ok with him talking to me and holding my hand. He pretty much just did whatever I told him to do and just kept telling me encouraging things to keep me going. At one point, I was crying because my urinary catheter was so uncomfortable and they wouldn't take it out. He just silently wiped my tears and stroked my hair and that's exactly what I needed at that point. When it comes time to push, he stays up by my head because that is what we both prefer. He cries when the babies are born and that, in turn, makes me cry. He doesn't cut the cord because he is squeamish about those sorts of things but it doesn't bother me. He stays right with baby while they are stitching me up and he always goes with baby to the nursery for any tests that aren't done in the room.

I forgot to add: he always goes on and on about how proud of me he is afterward. He has made many comments over the years about how surprised and impressed he is that I never scream or get very vocal and how I usually seem so calm (im usually just in a zone but I'll take the compliment )

Last edited by ashleykathleen; March 12th, 2013 at 09:37 AM.
March 12th, 2013, 09:54 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea. This is a first for both of us. He's super supportive and optimistic 99% of the time, but occasionally is just the opposite of what I need at the moment. I'm afraid he's going to be super positive and super encouraging at the wrong moment and I'm just going to snap on him. haha. I'm the type that when I'm upset or something is wrong, that I'd rather be able to vent or swear or cry without someone saying "it's okay, don't get upset", but he rarely can let that happen. I know he's just going to want to be the best he can be for me and I'm sure it'll all work out fine. I'm hoping he's in an affectionate and loving mood that day, too, because some days he's not. I guess we'll see!

March 12th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Rochelle
How do you think your DH will be during delivery?
Probably pretty intense as usual. He's more passionate and informed about things than I am which I know is unusual in these situations. Very against interventions. He ends up coming off pretty combative and gets annoyed at me for clamming up and not using my voice to fight for our wishes. I'm very non-confrontational. I have gotten better in this pregnancy and don't really give two hoots what anyone has to say about what we want but I will admit I am tired of the song and dance of pg and having to fight for something that should be our choice and it's making me more and more want to make this my last pg. DH still wants one more after this. I'm VERY torn.

BTDT moms, how would you describe your DH in past deliveries?
Just the same as above. HE was the one massaging my back during my past two VBAC trials and for one of those we had a doula who proved pretty useless. Mainly bc we didn't click but also bc she has weak hands! HE was also the one urging me to push through the pain and keep trying and all of that but now we're both done with the trial of labor and ready to admit that there's some reason that after 3 vaginal birth attempts it never happened, so we're done. I have a couple drs who agree that my pelvis is deformed so ok whatever. However, we do want a natural c-section this time and that is going to be what we're fighting for bc I want to nurse my baby and hold my baby while they stitch me up. Period.

Last edited by 4hearts; March 12th, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
March 12th, 2013, 12:34 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
he was fine in the last delivery, a great support

March 12th, 2013, 02:25 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
My DH was fantastic last time. He was so positive and upbeat BUT he was high on pain meds for the first time because he had an injured shoulder, LMBO, I wonder if that had something to do with it

He is always such an amazing support for me when I am going through uncomfortable medical stuff. And I spend ALOT of time in the hospital unfortunately with MS. Couldn't get through it without him. So I expect he will be every bit as supportive and wonderful as he always is. Aw, I sure love that guy
mommy220 likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 03:21 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
My dh missed 2 of our kids deliveries because I went so fast. He stepped out both times to get something to eat. He does a lot of whining and complaining about how tired he is and how hungry he is and how bored he is... GRRrrrr......
This time, he may not be there. Although it will be fast, and we won't be waiting around for things to happen, I don't know if he'll be able to handle seeing the baby. My mom has volunteered to be there but I don't know if I can handle her dramatizing everything so I may just go it alone. I guess we'll see when the time comes.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search