appointment today and glucose testing UPDATE I FAILED :(

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 06:20 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I really hope I pass. UPDATED I FAILED

Last edited by bobbiejo1982; March 12th, 2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: update
March 12th, 2013, 06:36 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck....dont eat or drink anything sugary

March 12th, 2013, 07:57 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Good luck. I'm sure you will be fine!

March 12th, 2013, 10:06 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i done mine today too.. Im hoping I passed!

March 12th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Super Mommy
good luck! i have mine in a couple weeks, ugh.
March 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Well They said if they didn't call today or tmr then I passed. So let's hope for no call!!
March 12th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I failed I am so upset and worried. They wanted the levels to be under 130 and I was 148. It makes me feel like I have been eating wrong and feel over weight. I'm just so upset. Now I have to go sit there for 3 hours and not eat Those hospitals are so uncomfortable as it is. 3 hours...what a nightmare. I really want to pass.

I'm so sad I'm going to cry again ugh
March 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I know exactly how you feel. I failed mine last week and did the 3 hour test today. I just brought a book and actually was able to finish it. Yeah, it definitely wasn't comfortable but doable. When do you take the three hour? I'll be praying for ya! I posted about this yesterday and the ladies had a lot of reassuring things to say. Like many fail the first but pass the 3 hr. hugs!!!
March 12th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph625 View Post
I know exactly how you feel. I failed mine last week and did the 3 hour test today. I just brought a book and actually was able to finish it. Yeah, it definitely wasn't comfortable but doable. When do you take the three hour? I'll be praying for ya! I posted about this yesterday and the ladies had a lot of reassuring things to say. Like many fail the first but pass the 3 hr. hugs!!!

I just got done reading your thread. All the posts made me feel a little better. It seemed like on one yet has failed the 3 hour test.

I so hope that I can pass the 3 hour one. Oh it must have been horrible sitting in those uncomfortable clinic chairs for 3 hours. I about had it after one hour.

Good luck to you, have you found out if you passed yet?
March 12th, 2013, 01:53 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you failed the one hour. Like in the other thread, it is fairly common to fail the 1 hour and pass the 3. You didn't fail it by much, so I bet you do fine on the 3 hour. You haven't been eating wrong and you can have GD without gaining much weight. Don't let it stress you too bad.

Most of the time, even if you fail the 3 hour, it will be a dietary change. You will need to watch your carbs and test your blood sugar.

Kat.
March 12th, 2013, 02:37 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
More than likely, you'll pass the 3hr. Try not to worry. Just know, it's nothing you did, didn't do or can change. It's one of those great hereditary things and it can be different from one pregnancy to the next.

I have diabetes all the time so I've never had the GTT. Good news is, even if you fail again, it goes away and your reward is a healthy baby.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
March 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It's very common to fail the 1 hour like every said and you didnt fail by too much so I wouldn't worry. Hugs Hun!

March 12th, 2013, 04:10 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I failed the one hour last time and I am not overweight. Just to let you know not to feel like it's because of that. I passed the 3 hour.

March 12th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there and good luck on the next one. The result is not a reflection on your or how you act.

March 12th, 2013, 05:24 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm very overweight. I failed the one hour test both times, but passed the 3 hour test both times. It has nothing to do with diet or your weight.

March 12th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Super Mommy
I had my 1 hour today and I am a bit worried about failing as well. Hopefully you will pass the 3 hour with flying colors. Take a good book and try to relax.
March 12th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone I appreciate this. It makes me feel better to know that it isn't because I am overweight. SO really thought that which made me feel bad.
I go back next week, here's to hoping I pass.
March 13th, 2013, 05:41 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I failed the 1 hour AND the 3 hour last time around and I have never been overweight in my life. That prob has nothing to do with it. I have killer family history of diabetes, which, I am told, can be a huge determining risk factor for GD.

March 13th, 2013, 10:25 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
I just failed mine. They wanted it to be 138 and mine was 147. I go back next Thursday for a 2 hour. I weighed 115 before being pregnant. I did have it with the twins, so I'm kind of expecting it but I hope not.
March 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mommy to Be
I have my test Friday, but they told me I will be there for 2 hours, not 1 or 3 ... I also am not allowed to eat or drink after midnight on Thursday. Are they're multiple kinds of glucose testing???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search