Just a little complaining...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 08:23 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I apologize in advance for my whining...

Lately I have been having a super hard time falling asleep (mind going a million miles an hour + a lot of restless leg issues) no matter how completely exhausted I am (which is usually very) and I have been waking up between 4 and 6 am every day, no matter when I go to bed, and can't fall back asleep, even though I am still so tired. I woke up crazy early on Sunday thanks to DST and ended up having to sub my friend's Zumba class last minute because she had an allergic reaction. I couldn't nap after because I had WAY too much to do and then I worked on Sunday night, which was supposed to "not be a late night", yet I was there until after 3 am, so I didn't get to bed until after 4. Got up around 11 on Monday, after waking up off and on all morning because we had to get ready to leave that afternoon to go out of town. So, now we're in Vegas, which is two hours earlier than Tennessee. So after getting here, going to a show, and playing a few slot machines, we didn't go to bed until around 1 am, which is 3 am at home. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. Right before our show last night I get a call from the alarm company because the alarm is going off. Not want you wanna hear when you're on vacation. (Especially because our house got broken into last year one night when we were both at work. I'm SUPER paranoid whenever we are not home now.) I get ahold of our dog sitter and she thinks she put it on "away" mode instead of "night" mode & we're pretty sure one of the cats set it off. However she can't go check because it's late there, she apparently has pneumonia and has taken too much medicine to be able to drive. She tried to call her brother (who I am wondering if he's actually the one taking care of our pets?) and can't get ahold of him. So, the alarm supposedly resets itself after going off for like 5-7 minutes (poor puppy ears!!!) and is still on away, so I'm paranoid all night that I'm going to get another phone call. (Amazingly, I didn't! And she says everything is ok there, but who knows if she has even been there.) So now, it's today and I wake up at 6 am Vegas time because I apparently can only sleep a few hours no matter what and I get THE WORST Charlie horse I've had yet. Bahhh. I've been awake for 2 hours now, my husband is still asleep and I can't fall back asleep even though I am so so so so so tired!

I just thought I would be able to sleep last night so I could enjoy our day today on vacation! Apparently, that is not the case! That's all... I just needed to complain for a minute!!
March 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Oh that stinks! I hope you can get some rest. Maybe a Benadryl tonight is in order!

March 12th, 2013, 09:38 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry you're having problems with sleep!It can literally make you feel terriable huh. I too have had alot of issues with trying to get sleep. All the kids have been sick, my 12 month old hasnt ever really slept well from day one, but has been horriable past few wks with teething, then a virus, then strep and rsv this wk.. Its been a roller coaster.. and I feel like a walking zombie every day.. But even when she finally does seem to be resting well , Im laying in bed wide awake not able to sleep and I've got same issues with the restless legs too.. makes me soo mad because I know if I dont get sleep while she sleeps then im not goin to get any at all!... I dont really have any advice, but just wanted to let ya know, you're not the only one feeling this way and I really do feel for ya, because getting thru the days with no sleep and lots to do can make for one miserable preggo mama! Hope your able to get some rest soon and also next time you go to dr talk to them about your problems with sleeping. I had an apt today and told dr how stressed I've been and Im super moody, snappy with everyone and even getting depressed, so she put me on zoloft to see how that helps. Hope you're able to get some rest soon hun!

March 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I just don't understand how I can't sleep when I am so exhausted! It makes no sense. And today, I'm just a grumpy whiny mess because I'm so worn out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search