Buying diapers (disposable)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2013, 09:20 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I am using a 30-day trial of Amazon Prime, which is going to expire next week. I was going to let it expire because I couldn't really justify the $79/year the way I currently use Amazon. Someone at work mentioned that diapers are cheaper on Amazon, which could be a game-changer and sway my decision on the Prime membership. Has anyone purchased diapers through Amazon and felt that they really saved money?

March 16th, 2013, 09:22 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would check to see if the diapers you want are part of the prime service because it everything isnt part of the service. But I've never ordered disposables online.

March 16th, 2013, 09:25 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Of course the problem with that is I have no idea what kind of diapers I want yet

Maybe I'll just cough up the $79 for one year and see how it goes.

March 16th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My friend uses Amazon Mom (Prime) for her diapers. She swears by it. Her and her husband don't buy diapers anywhere else. DH and I are going to sign up for the free trial of Amazon Mom in June, and give it a try, but DH was researching it, and if you sign up for Amazon Mom, they give you coupons for diapers all the time, so that brings the cost of diapers down too. Sorry if this isn't much help, but I'm thinking it might be worth a try.
TeresaV and sunnydaze like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 16th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Deleted this post, lol. I took another look at Amazon Mom and if you spend $79 a year you get 20% off. So, $79 spread out over a year is $6.58 a month. Size 2 Pampers is $46 regular. With Amazon Mom it is $36.80, plus the prime it equals out to be $43.38 a month for that size. So, you're actually only saving $2.62. However, I haven't seen these big boxes for sale at the store and the bulk pricing is always more favorable. So, the question is: Do you think you can score sales and coupons to surpass the savings you'd have using Amazon?

Also, even at 30% off I found it cheaper to buy wipes at Target (in the big box) or Big Lots (80 count bag for $1!)

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Last edited by MerinSun; March 16th, 2013 at 11:04 AM.
March 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't know if this will help. I usually purchase Pampers. If I can get them for less than 17.5 cents per diaper, I get extras. This is the ppd (price per diaper) to beat.

March 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I buy Pampers at Walmart...for Swaddlers (any size) large box of over a hundred diapers its 25 bucks a box. And walmart I have found is cheaper than alot of stores when it comes to disposables.
ashleykathleen likes this.

March 16th, 2013, 01:48 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
Not sure if this info helps, but we do Costco for wipes and diapers(Huggies)...Wipes run about $20 for 1000 count and diapers depending on size run around $39-49 for 150-180 count. Generally, diapers will last us about a month, a lil more as DS got older, and I can't really say for wipes cause they last us a really long while and I've never tracked how many months in between.

March 16th, 2013, 01:56 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We loved Kirkland diapers from Costco when we used disposable. They usually lasted awhile.

March 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Have you compared to diapers.com? I've never really sat down and run the numbers, but I do have a few friends who use diapers.com for their diapers. We're going mainly cloth this time, but in the past we've always used Walmart diapers (although they changed just as my youngest was growing out and I didn't like the new ones, so who knows now).
March 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
when I did sposies with dd I shopped at target and stocked up when they had sales buy 2 or 3 and get a gift card plus would use a coupons and 'stack' them meaning use a target & manufacturer coupon together. I would end up getting awesome deals. even without the specials target almost always has diaper coupons as does pamper/huggies. If you like krazycouponlady on facebook or go to the website www.krazycouponlady.com she has store match ups listed. I think you would get better deals with coupons honestly

March 16th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup! That's actually how I found Target wipes was through one of their crazy specials. I purchased like 4 months worth of wipes for what I would have paid for a month and a half online. Super awesome.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

March 17th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Also check Target for damaged package. I was shopping yesterday. Found at the end of one aisle a box of 160 size 1 Swaddler marked from$35 to less than $25 simply due to the package being a little damaged. Diapers were perfect. One year with my other kids I found that Pampers were changing (decreasing) the number of diapers in each package. Target marked these packages down huge (with the small packages next to them higher priced). I purchased to carts full.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search