Feeling More Prepared

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By rcjh12
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By PurpleStar
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So last night my mom texted me, "Hypothetically, if your pack and play you registered for isn't available online, would you be okay with a different one, someone is asking." I told her, yeah, I would be fine, as long as it had the newborn sleeper/changer attachment, since we won't have a crib for a while, or space for the changing table, we feel that is an aspect we really wanted. Well, a few hours later, she texts me, "Okay, so I was the one who wanted to buy you the pack and play (like I hadn't figured that out), it's available in your Target, just go buy the one you want and I'll send you a check."

So today we went to Target and picked up the pack and play! Arthur now has a place to sleep!! And when I went online to make sure the pack and play got taken off the registry, "someone" has already purchased our car seat and the Moby I registered for. SO, long story short, now that the two "big ticket" items have been purchased, I can start relaxing A LOT because we'll have the essentials for when the baby gets here!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
That's awesome. How sweet of your mom.

We went out yesterday in hopes of getting a few essentials picked up, and found NOTHING that we were looking for. I'm not panicking yet, but I would like to have at least a carseat before long so I don't feel like a total slacker.
beatlechicksteph likes this.
March 16th, 2013, 01:13 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good deal! We just bought our Pack n Play yesterday as well and got my diaper bag ordered as well. My only real big ticket item left is a new swing. It sure gives ya a sense of relief as you can start checking things off your list.

March 16th, 2013, 01:22 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
Very awesome! Glad you're feeling more prepared. My family threw a surprise baby daddy shower when DH went home w/ DS to visit our families (I had to stay on Maui). They got us LOs pack n play and tons of clothes. The only big ticket item we have left is the Ergo I want...and maybe a swing =) So very thankful for my family =)

March 16th, 2013, 01:27 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ordered the crib yesterday, so I'm feeling a little better too.

March 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
I ordered the crib yesterday, so I'm feeling a little better too.
Yay for crib!! Supposedly MIL or SIL is sending us their crib, so we don't have to buy one. I'm trying to not be a controlling person, and ask 500 times if that is still happening. We're moving right after the baby is born, so I don't even want to see that crib until we're in the new place, but the OCD controlling side of me wants DH to call and ask, "We're still getting this right?" LOL I think just having the pack and play here, will help me relax a lot haha

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 16th, 2013, 06:44 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so sweet of your mom. I think it's adorable how she tried to be all sly like that. So glad you're getting some of the big things you need! Aren't moms the best?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search