Facebook annoyances

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree39Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 03:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What posts on FB annoy you?

March 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Political posts... I have several family members and family friends that like to try to shove their political beliefs down everyone's throats... So much so that I have blocked posts from popping up in my news feed.
rcjh12 and Gen88 like this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
March 18th, 2013, 04:04 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPennyRoyalTea View Post
Political posts... I have several family members and family friends that like to try to shove their political beliefs down everyone's throats... So much so that I have blocked posts from popping up in my news feed.
This exactly.
March 18th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
People who use their status to air dirty laundry. People it's a status, not your diary.
KellBell2621 likes this.

March 18th, 2013, 04:30 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of the "like this picture if you're against child abuse" posts and others like them.
Ditto on the religious posts.
"Repost this if you love your daughter."
Oh gosh I really hate anything that isn't a personal photo that a friend posts or a personal status update.

March 18th, 2013, 04:34 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of the above mentioned. Also... there is a 16 year old girl I used to babysit who got pregnant intentionally (due end of July) and posts about it about 3-4x a day, EVERYDAY. I just want to smack her and tell her to grow up, get a job, find a man who ISN'T currently in jail and that she is in for a HUGE life change. But of course, I keep my mouth shut.

Sorry, mini rant. I was a teen mama and it just irks me KWIM?

Last edited by MrsLat; March 18th, 2013 at 04:37 PM.
March 18th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Super Mommy
i hate when people post vague statuses like 'ugh, horrible day' but then don't explain why or when people ask they say something like 'everything, hoping it gets better' so annoying! my SIL does this daily!!

and i agree with the 'like this if you..' obviously i love my family, i'm against child abuse, etc...i don't need to prove it by 'liking' something!
Karen78 and bribugg13 like this.
March 18th, 2013, 04:44 PM
First time mommy :)
Improper spelling and grammar. And those , "like if you agree, ignore if you want your dog to die" type posts.
March 18th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I post funny ecards but not the post this and a dollar will be donated posts.

So this post was sparked by a post on fb that said discipline yours kids so the prison guards don't have too. Or something to that effect. This was posted by someone who is not a mother. And I said my peace about it that she can't judge a mom from one incident at the store or a outing. You have no idea what is going on. She has gone on and on about how she will be. I have said you can say how you will be when you are a mom until you are blue in the face it changes when you are actually one. And it may change from child to child. I was so irritated because she is telling me how to raise my kids when she has none and is not pregnant nor will she be one in the near future.

And everything else you ladies have said.'

March 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Ditto, all of the above! LOL The top most annoyance is the "vaguebooking"
Karen78 and KellBell2621 like this.

March 18th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Veteran
many things... among these are improper grammar, sh*t talking, pictures/posts trying to shove your beliefs in my face expecting me to follow, and most of all those grotesque pictures of abused/mutilated animals and young children/babies I just honestly wanna smack people for reposting that like I want to see an abused child or animal on my newsfeed.... just plain idiots.. I do a lot of facebook cleansing i.e. "friend" deletion. There was one particular post that really pissed me off last week, actually a friend of mine who always posts about veganism posted a grotesque picture of a naked man and woman mutilated hanging off hooks like they have the animals in slaughter houses to prove her point. I get you are passionate about something but COME ON ***!?? Ya... end of rant. lol
KellBell2621 and sunnydaze like this.
March 18th, 2013, 05:25 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I hate the constant random photo posts. My sister's MIL posts random pictures with cheesy sayings all the time, but she does it like 10 in a row a few times a day. All her cheesy pictures of cute dogs or cats are clogging up my newsfeed. I'm pretty lucky that my FB friends rarely have drama.
March 18th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Super Mommy
I was just thinking about this today. I am FB friends with a guy from high school who constantly posts bible verses / religious messages. Going to church was a very important part of my upbringing. However, it bothers me when people constantly post these type of messages as if they live some kind of saintly life. This guy was certainly NO saint in high school. This probably shouldn't bother me, but it does.
bribugg13 likes this.
March 18th, 2013, 05:39 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of the above PLUS the constant status updates giving me a play-by-play of your day. I have a few friends in particular who will post several times a day things like: "just put baby down for a nap, now to do some laundry and coupon clipping" followed by a status saying "laundry done, coupons clipped, bathrooms cleaned, now off to pick up big kid from school". And so on...it's literally like they type out every single monotonous thing that they do throughout the day. I mean I do those things too. I don't really care to hear about it.

March 18th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Now I know exactly what to post on my fb.

March 18th, 2013, 05:52 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Political posts are #1. I also hate the share or like this pic if you... things. And I also can't stand people who post a million random pics of animals... all. day. long. When my cousin was unemployed, she sat on FB all day and just posted dog and cat pics she found online. My whole feed would be the pics she posted. I finally had to block her updates just so I could see anything else.

March 18th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a huge hater of airing dirty laundry on Facebook (found out all about a HS friend's cheating husband that way...) And I also hate those "Like if you care, ignore if you don't" posts. Because I'm pretty sure the world isn't going to think I'm unsympathetic just because I don't like some post on Facebook.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 18th, 2013, 07:19 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pretty much everything these days, so I'm actually taking a FB break right now. I've noticed how it's pretty much a public forum for complaining and almost everything I was seeing was negative. I'm already grouchy all the time because of hormones and I was spending all day glued to my phone, commiserating. If was really dragging me down. I have to do that a couple times a year.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

March 18th, 2013, 07:37 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate when someone reposts something they assume is true just cuz they read it on the internet. Example politicalish type posts making up lies about someone from the opposite party...now granted I dont mind my friends having their own political views but what drives me insane is when its something that is utter lies and the people believe it like its the gospel truth. I dont mind if its true but there is nothing I hate more than people just blindly believing things without fact checking.
I also hate anti religious posts or overly zealot type religious posts. I dont give a rats behind what your religious standpoint is...I am pretty open and dont try to force my beliefs on you...therefore shut up and stop trying to tell me either Im not religious enough or that Im stupid/foolish etc for having a belief system. (I actually get more people posting comments that are atheists talking smack on those who are religious)
And my pet peeve is my mom. She will repost everything!! (You cant exactly unfriend your own mom) My mom has reposted my own personal pics and my own personal statuses. She will repost almost everything in her news feed so i get all these reposts about lost dogs and every random post from every group shes liked. It was bad enough I made my baby bro(the only one she listens to) explain facebook ettiquette....so she stopped reposting my stuff lol but she still floods my news feed every day.
Rissa6213 likes this.

March 18th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
I hate when someone reposts something they assume is true just cuz they read it on the internet.
OMG THIS!! I'm kind of a witch when it comes to this. I'll post a reply with either a snopes.com link, or an article that is from a more reliable source. It drives me INSANE!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search