exercise

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MissyBee
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are people exercising? What are you doing? Have you had to scale back lately?

I am still procrastinating on doing a prenatal yoga class. With DD it just seems like too much trouble. I am doing a lot of housework though. Yesterday we went for a long walk, probably a couple miles or more, and OMG was I sore afterwards!!! Last weekend I did a hike too but my dad lent me his trekking poles and I think they really helped take some weight off my feet, because I am so much more sore and tired after yesterday's walk than that hike last week. I would like to walk more regularly as I get in the third tri, it helps my hips so much. But I am so much bigger now than I was with DD and my pelvis and groin and feet and underbelly get sore so easily.

March 18th, 2013, 05:40 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahahaha. What's this exercise you speak of?

I am so sore just from day to day activities. Just thinking about taking a walk around the block makes my back hurt.

March 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still teaching Zumba, but as of last week I cut down from 5 classes a week to 3. I'm hoping to get it down to 2 as soon as I can find someone to take over the other morning one. I had two on Tuesdays and Thursdays and it was just getting to be too much. So I let go of the morning ones and kept the afternoon ones, so I'm hoping that will help. I also have quit going to most of the other classes I used to go take. I would do Body Pump (weights) and Body Combat (kickboxing) several times a week, but I stopped both of those a while ago. I was too worn out for the weights and the kickboxing really hurt my hips. I still take one Zumba class a week that my friend teaches, but that's in now in addition to what I teach. I used to try and take several a week, but I'm lucky to make it through my own! Haha.
chessalove likes this.
March 18th, 2013, 06:14 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am still running twice a week. Last week I managed 3 miles, but I am slow and take a few walk breaks. I have noticed that I am much slower and have to walk sooner than I did last month. It's frustrating to me, and I feel bad for my friend that runs with me. She and I used to knock out 4 miles pretty quick. I am thinking of getting a pregnancy support belt in the hopes that it will help. I'd like to keep going as long as I can
March 18th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Super Mommy
i do pretty good for a week or so then i slack off for a week or so...but i've been doing very mild workouts, like using my stability ball and hand weights (3-5 lbs) stretching, or there's a bunch of 10 minute prenatal workouts i've found on youtube. my goal is to work out about 3x/ week...i either end up doing 5x/week or nothing though lol
March 18th, 2013, 08:17 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
I am still running twice a week. Last week I managed 3 miles, but I am slow and take a few walk breaks. I have noticed that I am much slower and have to walk sooner than I did last month. It's frustrating to me, and I feel bad for my friend that runs with me. She and I used to knock out 4 miles pretty quick. I am thinking of getting a pregnancy support belt in the hopes that it will help. I'd like to keep going as long as I can
I got one of these hoping that it would help during Zumba, but I only made it through about 15 minutes of a class before I had to rip it off. I couldn't move enough in it and I feel like it made him move up, which squished my lungs more and I couldn't breathe, it wasn't good. I may try again in a little while when the bump is bigger.
March 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm running about 12 to 15 miles per week, still doing weight training a couple times and yoga or stretching on the other days. Actually, tonight I took my first Zumba class! So I think I will start doing that once or twice a week now, too. Other than avoiding lying on my back or stomach, there's not much else that I'm modifying. I am running slower but that is mostly because the weather has been so crappy and I'm stuck on the treadmill. I always run slower on the TM, pregnant or not.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

March 18th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hahaha exercise? What's that? I do walk a couple times a week, but that's mostly because I'm subbing in elementary school and I have to corral the children and walk them to specials and stuff. But I move SO SLOW lately that I don't do much else. Monday we're going on a babymoon to the Kennedy Space Center, and that involves a 2.5 hour walking tour...so I'll count that as my exercise for the week. LOL

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 18th, 2013, 09:52 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We walk every night after dinner. And I've been doing a lot of house work too but that's about it.'

March 20th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yea I told myself after dd 'the next time I get pregnant I am going to exercise all the time and watch what I eat' well that didn't work so well. I have not done anything on a regular basis. I do house work and laundry which is walking up and down stairs and the past 2 Fridays we have walked to the library a few blocks away but this weather has had me in the house on my butt! I suppose I should start walking since it is going to be nicer and stretching so I can get my legs up during birth. I am lazy. period.

March 22nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post
I'm still teaching Zumba, but as of last week I cut down from 5 classes a week to 3. I'm hoping to get it down to 2 as soon as I can find someone to take over the other morning one. I had two on Tuesdays and Thursdays and it was just getting to be too much. So I let go of the morning ones and kept the afternoon ones, so I'm hoping that will help. I also have quit going to most of the other classes I used to go take. I would do Body Pump (weights) and Body Combat (kickboxing) several times a week, but I stopped both of those a while ago. I was too worn out for the weights and the kickboxing really hurt my hips. I still take one Zumba class a week that my friend teaches, but that's in now in addition to what I teach. I used to try and take several a week, but I'm lucky to make it through my own! Haha.
MissyBee just dropping in from July DDC - I am a huge fan of Les Mills programs. Used to teach Zumba, Step and Pump!
March 22nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pffffffffffft....not unless you consider the 40 trips I make to the bathroom a day "walking"

My hips are actually giving out on me if I try to do too much already.....tried to have sex a couple days ago, hips denied me.
KellBell2621 likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
First time mommy :)
I've done my elliptical 3 times through my whole pregnancy, and the next day my hips and back hurt so bad I can hardly walk. I'd walk every day but, we live out in the middle of nowhere and it's been so cold and rainy or snowing every day for weeks. So unless I want to walk through the mud in the rain, I don't exercise at all. Which really sucks because pre pregnancy I did cardio on the regular! If the weather ever decides to get above 35 degrees, I will drive down the road to the forest preserve to walk!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search