sleepless nights and achey joints?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By MissyBee
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama
  • 1 Post By cheerfulsunrise
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By TeresaV

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Super Mommy
I have never had these problems while I was pregnant with my daughter! I find myself tossing and turning all night long and if I lay in a position too long, no matter how many pillows I have between/around/under me, the joints that I was lying on are so achey it actually hurts to move. The cycle just goes on all night... shift, relieve achey joints, shift again to relieve new achey joints.. and don't get me started on my belly... any bending/moving around is a challenge and I am getting braxton hicks like crazy. Oh and my lower right back constantly feels like there's a dagger wedged in there... what gives????
March 18th, 2013, 09:50 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It can be a few things, one it's your second pregnancy they tend to get more aches and pains the more you have. It can be his position as well. I find sometimes I am more uncomfortable depending on how she is laying in there. I found my pregnancy pillow was a lifesaver.
pamela.burke611 likes this.

March 18th, 2013, 10:48 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to make sure if I wake up in the middle of the night to switch sides. Because if I stay on one side too long, it hurts so bad! Mostly my hips. I had really bad lower back/tailbone pain for a few months, but luckily he moved off of whatever he was pressing on. I hope yours gets a little better!
March 18th, 2013, 11:38 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get that too, mostly hip pain but sometimes even shoulder and elbow aches from laying on one side for too long. I am having a terrible time sleeping! I am exhausted!!

March 19th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you - exact same aches and pains and trouble sleeping. Combine that with getting up 4-5 times a night to pee, and this mama isn't getting much sleep these days.

March 19th, 2013, 06:52 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same thing here. I would give my right arm for a good night's sleep. Wish I could offer advice. In good news, we're two thirds of the way there... That's the best I can do.

March 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm having this problem too! Mostly my hips, ribs, and shoulders that bother me.
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

March 19th, 2013, 02:11 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me too. My hips are screaming at me all night long. My calves are constantly cramping up and last night, for some reason, even my knee was killing me. I had surgery several years ago on my knee so it hurts when I overdo it or the weather changes but last night it was just aching in my sleep. I'm so over it!

I've officially reached "I'm sick of being pregnant" phase.

March 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Super Mommy
No matter how tired I am I cannot get a deep sleep! I toss and turn all night.. I didn't wanna have to do it, but I may need to buy some benedryl or something... F..... thanks for all the input girls
March 20th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think all of the no sleep is prep for when little one arrives. I am figuring in 2 years I will again have a good night.

March 20th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
I think all of the no sleep is prep for when little one arrives. I am figuring in 2 years I will again have a good night.
ya, I am beginning to think it's all a prep too to get ready for sleepless nights... but shoot there are still 3 months left before my due date and I'd like to have some sleep because I won't get it for months!
March 20th, 2013, 06:58 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela.burke611 View Post
ya, I am beginning to think it's all a prep too to get ready for sleepless nights... but shoot there are still 3 months left before my due date and I'd like to have some sleep because I won't get it for months!
That's exactly my attitude! Don't screw me out of sleep before it's necessary!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search