Were you

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I have no clue if i was born on time early or late. My mom never realy talk about that kind of stuff. She did have my sister at 6 months pregnant and didnt know she was pregnant. Other than that i realy dont know.
Most of what i have learned about mothering children comes from helping my sisters raise their kids and having my son when i was fifteen i had to learn fast my mother would never help me with my sn. She only held him once for a briefe moment.
March 19th, 2013, 09:04 PM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
Early, late, or on time? Edd: May 21 and I arrived June 9.

Born natural, c/s, or with drugs? Natural.

Formula fed or breastfed? Mostly formula, exclusively after a few months.

Disposable or cloth diapered? My parents actually lived with my grandmother when I was born. My grandmother refused to use disposable, so... my parents used disposable and my grandmother used cloth.

Has your mother's choices influenced yours? Not really... though my mother was extremely open with me my whole life about how having a natural birth was really important to her and she had three. Me, a "dry breech" brother and another brother after 32 hours of labor. Having a natural, comfortable birth is important to me.
March 20th, 2013, 10:14 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Early, late, or on time? They didn't actually know my due date. My mom wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant after my older sister due to tumors, cysts and pre-cancerous cells on her cervix. My mom's cycles were obviously out of whack so she had no idea what to tell the docs. And back then ultrasounds weren't that great. One doc said october, one september. I was born 4lbs 14oz on August 31st, but considered full term.

Born natural, c/s, or with drugs? My mom was unable to have natural births because she's missing a small pelvic bone that allows you to dilate. She never went into labor like we think of it, she had extreme dizziness and that was the only sign of labor she ever had.

Formula fed or breastfed? Formula

Disposable or cloth diapered? Disposable

Has your mother's choices influenced yours?Not really. She thinks I'm crazy for wanting a natural birth and no medications if at all possible. It's a little weird to her because she had c/s for both me and my sister. She's also not very good with pain.

March 20th, 2013, 10:24 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Love all the different stories ladies!

March 20th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Early, late, or on time?
I was late. due on Mother's Day born on my mama's b-day the 26th
Born natural, c/s, or with drugs?
Natural but honestly I think back then it was les common to use drugs and with not having a lot of money that was extra bills so I think that drove her to not use them and she is a pretty tough cookie!
Formula fed or breastfed?
BF
Disposable or cloth diapered?
cloth diapers the old flats, pins and plastic pants! we didn't have money so it was the cheapest route

Has your mother's choices influenced yours?
Never really thought about it. My mom was a total hippie so it is nice bc she is totally on board with me cd'ing and thinks I am a great mom for making the choices I do regardless of what she did. I can tell though that my choice to bf and now cd makes her happy. I just wish she lived closer to have her wisdom around all the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search