how is everybody's weight gain going?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 02:47 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissa6213 View Post
Man....I have all of you beat!!! :-( guess I'll just have to work extra hard after baby comes to get it off.
Don't beat yourself up too hard. It will come off Just make the best food choices you can and do whatever exercise you can manage and I truly wouldn't worry too much! Hang in there
Rissa6213 likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have two weights that I go by. I gained 20lbs with IVF so before IVF I was at 130 when our 2nd back to back cycle worked I was around 150...I did drop down to 145ish for a couple of days but then I was super hungry all the time obviously from it working haha. I am now up to 181. So that's about 31lbs. Doc says thats not bad for twins...but I am gaining a little too much with the rate I'm going.

I'm 5'4" and 130 was a good average weight for me. I would have liked to have been in better shape not so much a lower number though. I hope to get back down to 130 eventually but I will be happy if I can drop below 140.
March 19th, 2013, 03:03 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 15 within the first few weeks so I was freaking out for a while, but I've managed to gain only a pound a week now for quite some time. I've put on 26lbs so far which was the amount I gained during my whole first pregnancy, but I'm okay as long as I don't gain more than 35 total. I'm right on track for that and I feel perfectly healthy. My midwives are really casual about weight gain. They don't even weigh at appointments, they just ask you to do it yourself.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

March 19th, 2013, 03:08 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was up 20 pounds at 27 1/2 weeks. I was overweight to begin with, so I will definitely gain over the 15-25 pounds that is recommended. My doc has not said a word about my weight gain, so I'm not too worried. I have gained more weight that I wanted to, though.

March 19th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started at 168lbs(my scale) and I'm 5'10. I am now 180lbs and will be 27 weeks Friday. 6 of my 12lbs I gained in a month.
With dd I started @140-145lbs and delivered at like 180-185lbs.
I think with dd they wanted me to gain 25-35 so I wasn't far off. This time they did not say what thet wanted me gain. I know I would be happy if I didn't go over 200 however I don't watch what I eat and I don't exercise. With dd I ate really healthy and exercised all the time and I still was a house so this time I'm just enjoying being pregnant!

March 19th, 2013, 05:51 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
26 weeks and I have gained 25 lbs. my OB and I haven't discussed weight gain. I weighed 130 before getting pregnant and was on the low end of the scale for body fat %. I am well behind where I was at this point with B. I estimate I will end up with approx. 38-40 lb gain
March 19th, 2013, 06:48 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm 5'11" and started at 145. At my last appointment last month I was up 7 lbs, but I would guess it is closer to 10 now that I'm 26 weeks. My midwives never gave me a range or have said anything about my gain. I did ask at 18 weeks when I had only gained a pound. It was brushed off since the baby's size and growth was good. I gained around 40 lbs with my first, 26 with my second. We'll see where I end up. I'm not worried since I am still exercising and will get back to exercising at my normal rate around 6 weeks pp. It helps being tall too- my weight spreads out nicely
March 19th, 2013, 07:46 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started out at 135 and weighed in at 150 at 25 weeks. I refuse to weigh myself anytime other than at the dr when I'm pregnant because it just depresses me. I actually started this pregnancy out heavier than I have any of my others (I'm usually about 120) so I'm quickly approaching the heaviest I ever been and it makes me want to cry even though I know it is perfectly healthy. I weighed around 160 at delivery with both my other kids and I know I will be heavier than that once I hit full term this time.

March 19th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I started pre pregnancy at 122/123 and im now 146 but i was sick for almost two weeks and just now getting better. In the two weeks i was sick i lost close to four pounds and just now starting to gain it back. Im close to the 25 pounds my doctor said was a good amount to gain and im only at 26 weeks so i dont know how the next couple of months will go. My weight has slowed down so maybe i wont gain much more weight before the end of ny pregnancy.
March 20th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I'm up 14 lbs at 25 weeks.

March 20th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've put on about 15lbs, I'm 5'8 and started off my pregnancy weighing 139lbs, I'm 154 now. I don't wanna go over 165 so can't gain more than 11lbs in the next 12 weeks. So I gotta really watch what I eat! I figure a 25lb weight gain is healthy enough.

March 21st, 2013, 06:48 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
Well... I've only gained around 13 lbs and I'm 27 weeks tomorrow. I had lost two pounds when I was weighed at my appointment yesterday and I got fussed at. I don't know... I am eating like crazy and my caloric intake is consistently higher than my calories burned. But... Baby is alright, and I feel good and my stomach is at almost orbital proportions. I still have a few months to make it to 30 lbs, which is what the dr says I should gain with baby boy. Uhh, so much fooood.
March 21st, 2013, 07:37 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks like I'm one of the heaviest mommies here...boo. I started out my pregnancy at 205 lbs - I'm 5'8''. So 205 lbs is definitely overweight. Although, I am pretty sturdily built. I've been told by doctors that I must have really dense, heavy bones because my ideal weight is 160 lbs and that's borderline overweight for my height, going by BMI alone. I don't think I look like I weigh over 200 lbs. I way overindulged this summer, and gained about 10 lbs right before I got pregnant, so that certainly didn't help matters.

Right now I'm at 213 lbs, so I've gained about 8 lbs so far. Given the weight I started at, I should probably only gain about 15 lbs. I'll probably go over that though.

March 21st, 2013, 07:41 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be 28 wks tomorrow, and I have gained over 30 lbs so far In my previous pg I gained easily over 60 lbs... For my first pg I was 19 and close to underweight, and I thought that was why I gained so much. I was heavier pre-pg this time around, so I thought maybe I wouldn't gain as much?? But I guess that will not be the case. I know my mom and sisters also gained a good bit during pg. I also don't think I eat a terrible diet. I drink mostly just water and I don't have a "perfect" diet, but it is not horrible either. Thankfully, my doctor has not complained to me about it (yet). when my sister was pg and gaining a lot, her doctor really gave her a hard time about it and it stressed her out so bad.

March 21st, 2013, 06:06 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissa6213 View Post
For those of you ladies who don't mind sharing....how far along are you and how much weight have you gained? Also, howwas your weight pre-pregnancy, and what were you told was the proper amount for you to gain?

I feel like I am way, way over my mark. I started at 156lbs, and I am 5'7. Ideally, I should have only gained 25 to 35lbs. I'm 29 weeks and I have gained 40! I was 196 at the doctor's today :-( I'm worried that I may gain up to sixty, or more. Is there anything I can do to slow my weight gain a little? I drink a ton of water, and I really don't eat horribly, or any different than I did before I was pregnant. If anything I eat healthier, just more often. More fruit, more salad etc. Or is it just going to happen no matter what? Maybe I'm eating too many Oreos? I just feel gigantic.

I've found going for a walk every day has helped a lot. I eat pretty consistently healthy, but if I don't get a little activity I start packing on the pounds. But everyone's different

I started at 163 and I'm 5'10. At 28 weeks up 10 pounds, hoping to stay under 25 total this preg. I work in maternal/infant research, out of curiosity I ran the average weight gain for all mothers in our state (last 5 years)- it was 30 pounds.

Here's to healthy moms and babies- sounds like everyone is doing great!
March 21st, 2013, 06:10 PM
Super Mommy
Today at my 28 1/2 week appointment doc said I was up 22 pounds..he said its still ok but I really need to start watching what I eat and not eat everything in sight LOL!
March 23rd, 2013, 08:49 AM
i started at 117 lbs, at my 27 week appointment yesterday i am 142, so 25 lbs, i was a bit worried about ho wmuch i am putting on but it seems to be around normal for pregnant ladies, and i was too skinny to start with. ty all for being candid about weight gain i dont feel as bad, just hoping i can slow it down in my next 13 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search