Vehicles

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We decided to just stick with our Prius for now. DH rides his bike to a bus to get to work- his company actually provides awesome free bus service with wi-fi, plugs, tables etc for commuters to reduce their parking problems, it saves him a ton of time since he can actually get emails etc done during the hour-long drive. So he doesn't need a car for himself generally. I used to drive him to the bus on rainy days but when I told him this had to stop and he needed to buy a car for himself, his cheapness kicked in and he bought some rain gear and fenders for his bike instead I was sorta hoping he could take the Prius as his car and I could get a nice minivan... but I think we will hold off until #3 M might have to flip to FFing when she moves behind the driver, we'll see (there's not a ton of room in the backseat and we are both very tall) but she will be 2 years old and is as big as many 3 year olds so I don't have a problem with that.

March 20th, 2013, 02:29 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Honda CRV. No plan to upgrade.

I am a Honda person.

I would someday like to try Subaru

Last edited by mommy220; March 20th, 2013 at 02:41 PM.
March 20th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have an 08 Buick Enclave. It has the bench in the 2nd row instead of captians chairs and the 3rd row. Our plan is to put all three in the 2nd row and then keep the 3rd row and back folded down for storage and when we need to travel with the dogs. Two great danes take up A LOT of space in a car.

DH has a little tiny Audi A4 right now. It does have a back seat that will fit two carseats but not 3 so he is planning on selling it. He wants to get a truck. We'll see. We haven't really gone looking yet.
March 20th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
I have an 08 Buick Enclave. It has the bench in the 2nd row instead of captians chairs and the 3rd row. Our plan is to put all three in the 2nd row and then keep the 3rd row and back folded down for storage and when we need to travel with the dogs. Two great danes take up A LOT of space in a car.
We're looking at eventually getting an Enclave. We rented an Acadia for a snow vacation last year and loved all the extra space and not having to worry about how low the car is to the ground. Glad to hear it works well for you!
March 20th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Veteran
well I own a VW Passat and my boyfriend owns a Ford Expedition and a blazer. They will all be just fine for the kiddos
March 20th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hearts View Post
Genesis- I truly feel for you. I went yrs like that and only in the past 6 months have i had my own car available to take off whenever I need/want to. It makes you feel very vulnerable to be helpless like that. 6.
Thank you, yeah it really sucks, specially when We had been sharing one car for years then finally get my own and one month later is gone again, yes I only had the pleasure to my own car for one month some lady decided to run a stop sign and take that away from me.. I was very devastated. Poor DS, I can't take him anywhere except for Sundays. But thank God we will be hopefully getting another car sometime in the next few months

Last edited by Gen88; March 20th, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
March 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
I have a Ford Excursion, so if I had to upgrade to bigger my only option would be like a 12 pac van! I love the Excursion, though, and its diesel, so I still get decent gas milage (for a large SUV). I have tons of room in the back for all their gear and dogs. I will even technically have room for 1 more kiddo, although at that point it would be full and that makes things kinda tight in the back. I don't know what I will do if anything happens to it since they aren't making them anymore...

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
March 20th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Veteran
We have a four door truck and we have a Yukon XL which I mainly drive. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! It wouldn't make sense if we lived in town but out in the country and it's completely necessary! It has 3 rows plus a huge amount of storage in the back! I will have my our kids and still be able to take two others with our family! So that's a bonus too!

March 21st, 2013, 08:49 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
we have a 2013 Kia Forte. It had 5 thousand KM's on it, because it was a show car on the lot so we got a deal on it. We like it. It's amazing on gas and we have an 8 year (or 140 000KM) warranty on it. It fits two car seats just fine. I don't drive it much though because DH has it during the day, and my mom just lets me keep her car all the time since she never drives, so i'm mostly driving the 2011 Ford Escape. I LOVE that car haha It's terrible on gas though (costs about 75$ to fill the tank as opposed to our Kia that only takes 45-50$)

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
March 21st, 2013, 10:09 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a Mazda 3, and will be selling it in the near future to eliminate my car payment... My husband has a suburu forrester which I don't really like, but I guess this will become our family car. It does not matter too much b/c hopefully after baby gets here, I will not be driving to work anymore

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search