Vehicles

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 08:51 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What kind of car do you drive? Did you need to trade it in for something bigger because of the baby?

March 20th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH drives a Buick and I drive a Saturn, both sedans. We don't need to get a bigger car for baby, we just need to clean the backseats of the cars out to fit the car seat. There's only 2 of us, and we don't have that many friends down here, therefore, we use the backseat of the car as storage right now LOL

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 20th, 2013, 09:05 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm now in a Kia Sedona minivan and LOVE IT! BC (Before Connor ) I had a Mazda3...I really miss my little car sometimes! Shortly before Connor was born we traded in for an SUV -- the crappiest of crappy Ford Explorer. I. HATED. IT!!!!!! Within the year we had traded it in for the minivan, it was too good of a deal to pass up and I would have done anything to get rid of the Explorer. Not only were we getting ready to have a baby, but we have a 100+ pound great dane mix dog, and we traveled often from NC to FL, so it was the best decision for us to upgrade to a bigger car!

I really do love the look of the SUV much better than a minivan, but I just can't get enough of the conveniences of the minivan! I'll definitely be in a minivan for a long while yet, and I do like my Kia but one day I would love to upgrade to either a brand new one, or maybe a step up to a Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey. We'll see! I don't mind being a minivan mom though!

March 20th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ugh!!! that is how this topic makes me feel. I drive a Hyundai Sante Fe and we have to trade it in and will be getting a Honda odyssey. The topic makes me angry bc we will be taking probably a $5,000 loss which pisses me off me we put $4k down and have had it for about 16 months.
Anyway I am also debating on which model I want...I really want dvd system which means you have to have leather which I wasn't a fan of at first and now I really like. I found 2 that are close to us 1 an ex-l that has the leather & color I want but higher miles & no dvd or a basic model no dvd, no leather but the miles I want. dh doesn't want to look further out which I do not mind. We are on a budget and cannot spend more that 25k bc the loss we will take but would like to get one for $20k...oh the dilemma!! lol

March 20th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drive a Pacifica which I LOVE. It has a dvd system which has been a life saver for us and our 3 year old because we travel back forth to home so often and its a 3.5 hour drive.

DH now drives a 4 door ford 150 which he has only had for about a week and a half now. We NEEDED a truck and the only way we could swing that was getting a 4 door to fit both kids and their car seats in.

I love both our cars!

Ps... sorry ladies thought was in the July boards! I must be more tired than I thought!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

Last edited by Easton's Mommy; March 20th, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
March 20th, 2013, 09:20 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a Ford Explorer Limited so its bigger than most explorers and tho its older I love it. It would fit 3 carseats if we needed and our 3 big dogs lol. We also have a Saturn SC2 which is a 3 door coupe and it doesnt fit DDs carseat well at all. And it didnt fit her when she was RFing at all. But it works well enough for DH to take to work. Altho hes been using the Explorer to go to work in the winter as its 4WD and hey we live in Minnesota and he often leaves for work before snow plows are out.

March 20th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
We have a trailblazer and it will fit all three good.

March 20th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I drive a gas sucking 2003 Mercury Mountaineer that has 3rd row seating.

I bought this car because we used to drive a 2000 VW Jetta and when I was about 8 months pregnant with Sebastian, getting in and out of that tiny car was a joke...I couldn't fit my pregnant belly in it, let alone a car seat!

I really do love being the biggest SUV on the road however, parking can be a pain...but I dont mind parking near the back of the lot.

It sure makes hauling Alex, all his friends and football equipment around A LOT easier as well as family road trips and other things. Camping and everything else we couldnt do with a Jetta.

March 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM
We drive a 2007 explorer with a extra third row seat. I want a suburban eventually, we test drove some vans and they just are not for me.
MamaSkunk likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 09:36 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
We drive a 2007 explorer with a extra third row seat. I want a suburban eventually, we test drove some vans and they just are not for me.
I refuse to be a minivan mom
TeresaV likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I don't like the noses of vans. I am short and it's hard for me to see over the front of them.

March 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drive a Ford Fusion and will be keeping it because it fits all 3 carseats perfectly in the backseat. I absolutely LOVE my car so I'm pumped I get to keep it. I'm very short so I have a hard time driving trucks, SUV's, or vans and seeing over the hood accurately. I think I will always be a "car kind of girl".

DF used to drive and F150 but recently traded it in for an Explorer so we can fit everyone plus all their crap. He loves it and it actually gets slightly better gas mileage than the truck did.

March 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I drive an '11 Toyota Sienna. I swore I would never drive a minivan. Last summer we decided to replace my Acura MDX. It was getting older with tons of miles on it, so we wanted to sell it and get a bigger SUV so that we could fit a third child. I hate driving my sister's Suburban, so those were out. I couldn't justify the cost of the Tahoes when the minivan gave the same space for much less money. No regrets at all. The minivan drives almost as nice as my Acura did, but it's super convenient. We have the dvd player installed for the rare long car trips. I told DH that I would sacrifice and get the minivan now as long as I get to buy what I want when we decide to sell the minivan. DH drives an '04 BMW 7 series. It's a big enough sedan that he should be able to fit 2 carseats and a booster in the backseat without a problem.
March 20th, 2013, 11:11 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a Toyota Prius, but recently traded it in for a Toyota Rav4. I LOVED my Prius (and mainly the gas mileage!), but I wanted to be up a little higher with the baby and have a little more room in the backseat as well as cargo space. So far, I love it, but I also haven't had to fill it up yet! Haha.
March 20th, 2013, 11:31 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have an 2006 Nissan Altima. I think it will fit 3 car seats in the back okay. We only have one car at the moment so we are playing around with the idea of either an SUV or a van. I am thinking we will go with a van. I never wanted to be a "minivan mom" either, but I really can't pass up how easy it is to get all the kids and their stuff into vans... I am SAHM without much help most of the time, so convenience is what is most important to me!

March 20th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a 2012 Toyota Venza, we love it. We had a 2009 Scion xD which was my car but got totalled in a car accident last year June hopefully we'll be getting a second car soon because hubby takes the car to work and DS and I have been stuck at home everyday since we lost our second car... Not fun!

March 20th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Rochelle
Genesis- I truly feel for you. I went yrs like that and only in the past 6 months have i had my own car available to take off whenever I need/want to. It makes you feel very vulnerable to be helpless like that.

I have a Mazda MPV now. I really love it. The automatic sliding doors and how it fits 7 people. So great. We just got it almost a yr ago and we specifically got it while we were TTC bc we had a Ford Explorer that was only capable of squishing 5 people in it and we need to comfortably fit 6.
March 20th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just bought a new Rav4 in August to replace my little Sunfire. I love it.
March 20th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a 2003 Isuzu Rodeo, which I love. It has the space I want and enough space in the backseat for two carseats and I could still fit an adult in the middle. SO has a Toyota Solara and we will be able to fit both carseats in it, but we won't unless we have to. When we go out as a family, we will definitely be taking my car.

#1, 4, 5, 7
March 20th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT. 400 HP mom car! Woohoo! It's a sedan and it can easily fit 3 RFing carseats and 2 adults over 6' (not that I'm anywhere close to 6', but it's got a lot of room in the passenger compartment). It's also got a nice big trunk...I've fit my travel system stroller and a friend's BOB stroller in the trunk before.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search