C-Section Date

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 01:09 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doctor told me at the appointment today to pick what day we want to have the baby. Gah it makes it so real and scary!

May 28th,29th or 30th.

I go for two more ultrasounds but baby is already ahead of where DS was at this point and he wasn't able to progress at 9lbs 11 ounces. 4 days of contractions with no progress last time and the fact that all signs are pointing to same size or bigger baby...All 6 of the doctors agreed that the best course is c-section and not to push for a vbac in my case. It also is for their sake too due to risk of the baby getting stuck if this one were able to actually enter the birth canal and nerve damage. (Big fear of mine because of a family friend who has no use of his left arm due to being stuck and needing a vaccuum to enter the world)

March 20th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Rochelle
What day are you leaning towards? It's weird picking a c/s date. I've been mulling it over for myself.
March 20th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Woah! Soon you can say you're going to have your baby NEXT month!! So exciting!!
March 20th, 2013, 02:08 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is a little strange picking the date, huh? I will be picking my "official" date at 30 weeks... but for now, unofficially we are going with June 2nd! What date are you leaning towards? It is crazy how soon that seems, huh!

March 20th, 2013, 02:54 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Ohh... I wonder if I'll get to pick a date. I say the 28th. That's the day my last one was born.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
March 20th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Its weird to think I've had my date for two months now. She only schedules on friday's and June 28th is the closest friday to my dd. Today I found out I am the first one of the day too so I will have him at 7:30 in the morning

March 20th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison.N.Hailey'sMom View Post
Its weird to think I've had my date for two months now. She only schedules on friday's and June 28th is the closest friday to my dd. Today I found out I am the first one of the day too so I will have him at 7:30 in the morning

I was going to try for the 28th as well. Since my DD is June 18th and my babies like to go 10-14 days overdue. I'm thinking OB is going to have a fit about it though. So, I may compromise with the 25th.
March 20th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy
EEK! Our due dates are fast approaching!!!! We haven't set a date yet for the c/s but I think it will be June 3rd since I will be exactly 39 weeks that day
March 20th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 View Post
Doctor told me at the appointment today to pick what day we want to have the baby. Gah it makes it so real and scary!

May 28th,29th or 30th.

I go for two more ultrasounds but baby is already ahead of where DS was at this point and he wasn't able to progress at 9lbs 11 ounces. 4 days of contractions with no progress last time and the fact that all signs are pointing to same size or bigger baby...All 6 of the doctors agreed that the best course is c-section and not to push for a vbac in my case. It also is for their sake too due to risk of the baby getting stuck if this one were able to actually enter the birth canal and nerve damage. (Big fear of mine because of a family friend who has no use of his left arm due to being stuck and needing a vaccuum to enter the world)
My friends daugher got stuck in the canal for awhile as well stopped breathing and it is a miracle she is alive with no brain damage. She had major nerve damage and has had 3 surgeries so far at age 3.5 and ots of therapy to start to have movement in her arm. Crazy I have never heard of anyone else that this has happened to.

March 20th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
My c section is set for June 19th but the way i have been having contractions it may happen sooner.
March 20th, 2013, 09:44 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm leaning towards May 28th since its a tuesday and it's really hard to get DH off of work on the weekends so he'd be able to be available for the baby and I and our son back and forth. Luckily we are only about 5 minutes from the hospital so we are hoping to get my sister to take off work to stay with DS #1 and DH can come back and forth between home and the hospital.

March 20th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Veteran
I didn't get to pick.. Which is ok with me! It's almost like they then get the random birthdate like all the vaginal deliveries!

The hospital phoned to book me and I am June 12th. It will be first crack in the morning too! It's strange knowing but I'm super excited that I can count down the days now!! 84 more days!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search