Birth bead swappers poll

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Birth bead swap
Original plan 0 0%
Don't mind waiting another week 1 5.88%
Don't mind waiting 2 more weeks 16 94.12%
Other please specify. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 03:58 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
This was my original plan:

I am still waiting on Katie's from Canada its been 2 weeks now. If I do not have them by after the mail comes Friday I will be mailing them out without them. Then when they arrive I will send you hers. Canada post can be very unpredictable so I hate waiting any longer than an extra week. The packages will also be 2 beads short, someone I never heard from and another needed to pull out. But they will be in the mail Saturday. If hers get here then they will go out sooner but Saturday at the latest.

A few of you expressed you don't mind waiting a little longer, so I want to get everyone's input.

March 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont mind waiting two more weeks. I know its not Katies fault...Canadian mail is horrid!!! I had a friend send me a package from Nova scotia for my bday...it was sent express delivery and I received it a whole month later. And I had another friend send me a gift while visiting Canada and again that took like a month to arrive....my friend had actually been back for ages by the time i got my gift lol.
And my SIL sent my DD a postcard while her and BIL were living up there for work she sent i5 two weeks before she left to go back to the states....it arrived a week after she was home...so 3 weeks there. I did once get a package quickly from Canada but that went thru DHL not Canada post lol.

March 20th, 2013, 07:01 PM
that has been my experience too Karry.

March 20th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Veteran
Oh thank you!! I feel awful about this! I should have paid the extra 13$ fr tracking!! I was too cheap

March 20th, 2013, 11:05 PM
It's ok Hun honestly it's not your fault!

13 dollars for tracking whoa! It's like a buck here.
TeresaV likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 04:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it is fine to wait. Hopefully no babies for anyone until May Just a thought on the Cyber Shower. Knowing the time for mail in other locations, I am a little concerned about having a person outside of the US (and for them the other way). Don't take this wrong, I love our non-U.S. friends. The only concern would be if a package takes several weeks, it could end up very late. Is there a way to try to match individuals through country? If not I am confident that someone receiving a gift outside of their country will understand.

March 21st, 2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
I think it is fine to wait. Hopefully no babies for anyone until May Just a thought on the Cyber Shower. Knowing the time for mail in other locations, I am a little concerned about having a person outside of the US (and for them the other way). Don't take this wrong, I love our non-U.S. friends. The only concern would be if a package takes several weeks, it could end up very late. Is there a way to try to match individuals through country? If not I am confident that someone receiving a gift outside of their country will understand.
For the cyber shower, I suggested purchasing the gift from a site in your partners country. I haven't looked but I'm not sure if any non US moms have signed up yet. I can add restrictions and have certain people not draw someone so I will look into that.

March 21st, 2013, 08:48 AM
So far everyone who has signed up is in the US. If that changes I will place restrictions on the draw.
bribugg13 likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. Please know that I have nothing against anyone outside of the US. If I can order from a site within their country, that would work as well. I would just hate to need to send something and it take weeks (having that person feel forgotten when everyone else opens their gift).
bribugg13 likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 04:26 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In regards to the cyber shower, my other PR has several Canadians and UK. We usually try to order online and ship direct. It has worked well for 2.5 years.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search