Baby's first toy.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 3 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By farmfourmama
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Rochelle
Just ordered this It's a snake rattle for 0-12 months and safe for babies (obviously). It's going to take a few weeks to get here from the UK but it's "Fairtrade" made and 100% cotton. I love buying Fairtrade. Snakes are my phobia but I tend to pick some sort of cute animal symbol for my babies. For DD1 it was fish bc she's a Pisces, DS was lion bc he's a Leo, DD2 is Tiger bc she's a Virgo and that's not an animal but she was born the yr of the tiger so that worked. This one will probably be a cancer crab but could come early so I've decided to go with the year of the snake thing instead. I know, kinda weird.. Anyways, I saw this on ebay and for the first time I found a snake thing cute and I like the colors. I got some bday $$ so I finally ordered it. Yay!

Have you purchased any kind of toy or stuffed thing for your baby yet? Include pics if possible!

Last edited by 4hearts; March 20th, 2013 at 07:07 PM.
March 20th, 2013, 07:20 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I have gotten one of these for all of my babies when they were born. My kids both loved it! So we bought one for baby Grayson
4hearts likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy

My littlest sister got him Pooh for Christmas, and I couldn't resist buying him Eeyore, since Eeyore is my favorite. We've been loving on Pooh since Christmas, hoping to make him smell like us so he's comforting for the baby.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 20th, 2013, 07:53 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a picture yet but Jaleigh picked out a stuffed hippo for her. When Kiefer was born, she showed up at the hospital with a little blue hippo for him and a bigger brown hippo for herself. She thought that since they both still sleep with their "brother and sister" hippos that little sis would need one too

March 20th, 2013, 09:11 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
I don't have a picture yet but Jaleigh picked out a stuffed hippo for her. When Kiefer was born, she showed up at the hospital with a little blue hippo for him and a bigger brown hippo for herself. She thought that since they both still sleep with their "brother and sister" hippos that little sis would need one too
Omg Ashley that is just Soooooo cute! Awwwwwwww

March 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Target Mobile Site - Circo® Pirate/Octopus Pillow
We got him this pirate octopus cuz it was too darn cute. We will also be getting him his own stuffed skunk. As we got one for DD when she was born.

But we also get things based off of their horoscope. We mix the greek/chinese/ and native american ones together and get something based off of that. Since my due date is on the gemini/cancer cusp all I know is that his chinese one will be snake....and my diaper bag i got for him is faux snake skin cuz of that. The native american horoscope also coincides the same dates as the greek ones do. Leo is Salmon....and Scorpio is Snake. Ive found those more accurate than the greek and chinese ones....so we are waiting to find out when lil mans bday will be to find out for sure

March 20th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Veteran
I haven't purchased anything yet... But you guys are making me more excited to start!!
4hearts likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 08:27 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went to Build a Bear Workshop and made Eli a teddy bear when we found out he's a boy We put 2 hearts inside, one from mommy and daddy after making a wish on them.
TeresaV likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 09:38 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Omg Ashley that is just Soooooo cute! Awwwwwwww
I know, they are so cute and lovey with each other that it melts my heart on a regular basis. Because of their little hippos that they always sleep with, we call the kids "our little hippos"...which is ironic because they are both very tiny kids lol.
MamaSkunk likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
i bought a cute stuffed fox with a baby fox from ikea
DH bought her a first barbie a month ago
I need to get her a seahorse as well. my son has it and we've used it as part of our bedtime routine

March 23rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
My littlest sister got him Pooh for Christmas, and I couldn't resist buying him Eeyore, since Eeyore is my favorite. We've been loving on Pooh since Christmas, hoping to make him smell like us so he's comforting for the baby.
Cute! I love Eeyore too
March 24th, 2013, 03:55 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the basement we found a bunch of baby toys. I know there must be more because my daughter had that seahorse when she was a baby too. She also had the Sophie the Giraffe teether. I can't even remember but I know there must be another bin of baby toys.

My dd had the idea to go to Build a Bear and she wants to pick out and stuff one for Eva. I thought that was so cute and I said how when Eva asks who got her it we can say her big sister. Maddie smiled from ear to ear all proud.

March 24th, 2013, 08:06 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
We got a stuffed giraffe at Target that plays a lullaby and sways it's head in a sort of mesmerizing way.

March 24th, 2013, 10:16 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't purchased anything yet, but SO's mom bought a Pooh bear at disneyland for the baby before she knew it was a girl (the bear has a slightly reddish blanket). It's super cute and suuuper soft!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search