OT- NCAA Tournament

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Lady KW

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 10:46 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Is anyone following the NCAA Basketball Tournament?
Are you a fan of any one particular school?

College basketball is a big deal in North Carolina, so I've always grown up watching the tournaments. Even more so now that I've graduated from a school that traditionally does well in the NCAA. I graduated from UNC (the Tarheels) along with my sister, SIL, and 2 BILs, so we are pretty big Carolina fans in our family.
March 21st, 2013, 12:40 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm honestly not a huge fan of basketball...football is our big sport in this part of the country. I will be cheering on OU (Oklahoma Sooners!!!) because I grew up there but I don't care too much about the whole tournament.

However, my best friend and I made brackets at work for money but we based ours off of which mascot would win in a fist fight. Should be interesting lol.

March 21st, 2013, 02:11 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont follow Basketball at all. I was shocked to learn our local college Minnesota State made it into the semifinals...and i only discovered this as they put up all these banners everywhere nearby lol

March 21st, 2013, 02:14 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's a pretty huge deal here in KY as well... but not so much this year

I'm not a fan of sports, really.
March 21st, 2013, 03:23 PM
Veteran
uh yes college basketball is huge in my city (Lexington, KY). I graduated from University of Kentucky in December 2011 and we won it last year! Sad to see they didn't "show up" this year but I am still really into watching!
March 21st, 2013, 03:39 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Ooh yeah, we are big fans here! My DH and I always fill out brackets for the tourney and wager against each other. I love basketball and we watch a LOT.
March 21st, 2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
I'm honestly not a huge fan of basketball...football is our big sport in this part of the country. I will be cheering on OU (Oklahoma Sooners!!!) because I grew up there but I don't care too much about the whole
My grandfather was a Sooner and he loved watching the football games if they broadcasted them on the East coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjh12 View Post
Ooh yeah, we are big fans here! My DH and I always fill out brackets for the tourney and wager against each other. I love basketball and we watch a LOT.
I see you are from Kansas, does that make you a Jayhawk fan? If so then it will be interesting if Carolina wins their game tomorrow and they have to play Kansas. It's always interesting to watch our coach Roy Williams come up against his former team.
March 21st, 2013, 05:19 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
I see you are from Kansas, does that make you a Jayhawk fan? If so then it will be interesting if Carolina wins their game tomorrow and they have to play Kansas. It's always interesting to watch our coach Roy Williams come up against his former team.
Yep, big big KU fan. I loved Roy when he was here. It's kind of funny to me how much a lot of KU fans dislike him now, but meh, I have nothing to complain about with Coach Self ... although I am always interested in a match up with UNC.

That aside, I just love basketball in general. I've been watching games off and on all day. Loved seeing Wichita State win their game. Other than KU, I like rooting for the underdogs,
March 21st, 2013, 05:21 PM
If Carolina doesn't win, I'll root for anyone other than Duke!
rcjh12 likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 05:49 PM
Veteran
I love bball! We are big Jayhawk fans, but are cheering for all the Kansas teams! Rock chalk!
rcjh12 likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I use to get really into it but not so much the past few years.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search