Fishcer Pricer Rock N Play sleeper used as a bassinet for nighttime?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By hilachu
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By edgeofelise
  • 1 Post By Gen88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
What is your opinions on using a rock n play sleeper for in the bedroom for the first few months?

I was going to get an arm reach co-sleeper but the so so much more money for such a little time used.

http://www.target.com/p/fisher-price...i_sku=13868678

Last edited by bobbiejo1982; March 21st, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
March 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We got one at a consignment store for Everett and we loved it.

March 21st, 2013, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted one at first but then I read some scary reviews about head shape damage and babies having to wear the medical helmets. I know its likely just from people leaving them in it all day and all night but it still scared me out of getting one. I saw another brand at buy buy baby that was similar but a little different. It was more of a flat bed but could be tilted or one end folded down to make it like a bouncer.
March 21st, 2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
I wanted one at first but then I read some scary reviews about head shape damage and babies having to wear the medical helmets. I know its likely just from people leaving them in it all day and all night but it still scared me out of getting one. I saw another brand at buy buy baby that was similar but a little different. It was more of a flat bed but could be tilted or one end folded down to make it like a bouncer.
That can happen if a baby is left in anything too long day after day. Including bouncers, swings ect. And sometimes babies may prefer one side of their head.

March 21st, 2013, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
That can happen if a baby is left in anything too long day after day. Including bouncers, swings ect. And sometimes babies may prefer one side of their head.
Oh yea I know. I've seen it happen from someone leaving them in the car seat pretty much all day. I did read one that they had a tall baby and the head ended up setting on both the plastic and the cloth which caused an indent on the babies soft head. I think in that case it was one of a parent not realizing the baby was probably outgrown the rocker because I looked at them and I could see how it could happen.
March 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
We got one at a consignment store for Everett and we loved it.
Did you use it for nightly sleeping? I'm thinking bedside for the first few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
Oh I never read any of that. Do you know the link to the other option or price?

I'm looking for some type of bedsime sleeper. I really liked the arms reach mini co-sleeper but the price went from like $110 to $160 on my target registry, which kind of turned me off. Seems like a lot to spend on something I will only use a few months. I have a real limited space in my bedroom next to my bed.
March 21st, 2013, 05:40 PM
We did use it nightly for about 4 months. We plan on using it again. Just be aware of how long baby spends laying done on their back ect. And baby will be fine.

March 21st, 2013, 06:10 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
i'd use it

DS slept in his bouncy chair or swing for his first few months due to placing him flat or only slightly elevated would still cause him to puke all over himself

go for it
bobbiejo1982 likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
We did use it nightly for about 4 months. We plan on using it again. Just be aware of how long baby spends laying done on their back ect. And baby will be fine.
Yes I mean he would be in it at nighttime. i wouldn't have him in his swing seat etc. all day though will have him out n about as much as possible.

I like it because it id so small and would fit nicely in my room. I might remove the co-sleeper from my registry
March 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Can you make these so they do not rock? Stationary? Also do they need to be strapped in, like is there a restraint or not necessary?
March 21st, 2013, 07:02 PM
I can't see clipping him in and waking up in the middle of the night and dealing with a belt/restriant
March 21st, 2013, 07:27 PM
They rock but not very much you need to actually move it. There are buckles just like a swing or bouncer I started buckling him in things at home when he started moving around more. Here is Everett in his.

Gen88 likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 07:34 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Go for it. DD slept in her swing for the first ten weeks because it was the only place she would sleep longer than 20 minutes. I didn't bother buckling her in because she was swaddled and by the time she was moving around she was in her crib. You never know where baby will be happiest, so saving some money on bigger baby gear is smart. I'd choose this over an expensive co-sleeper, too.

Graco makes mini-sized pack'n'play's as well. The one we got for DD is 20% smaller than a regular model and it was great for our small apartment. We ended up keeping it in the bathroom since she wouldn't sleep in it, but it was great to have somewhere to put her while I took a shower. So for Henry we have the p'n'p, the full-size crib in our room, and a swing and we'll see what he prefers. Whatever works!
bobbiejo1982 likes this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

March 21st, 2013, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We got one and will be using it for night sleep for baby girl, I dont see it being any different than a bassinet. Everyone I know who's had one loves it and I wouldn't worry about the baby getting a flat spot because they can get one by laying on anything. I say go for it. I can't wait to use ours. It looks so comfy I would sleep in it lol
bobbiejo1982 likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
They rock but not very much you need to actually move it. There are buckles just like a swing or bouncer I started buckling him in things at home when he started moving around more. Here is Everett in his.

Those pics are so cute!! So the belt clip isn't a big deal in the middle of night?
March 21st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My friend a similar one and she loved it! She used it for MANY months I mean like more than I think you are suppose bc her son would not sleep in anything else and he is fine. Go for it!

March 21st, 2013, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Once we figured out that my son was suffering from acid reflux we kept him in his bouncer to sleep next to the bed. If we laid him flat he would throw up and make these horrible gagging noises from the acid. The bouncer was a lifesaver and we're going to buy a nicer, longer lasting, version for this kiddo.

You don't need to worry about a flat head as long as you're providing plenty of opportunity during the day for tummy time or are wearing them or holding them up. In order for a baby to develop a flat head (that they weren't born with) that they can't grow out of you'd have to basically keep them in the same head position 24/7. The #1 culprit for babies getting flat heads is from the whole back to sleep campaign. So, even if you were laying your baby flat on their back at night they still run the risk of getting a flat head.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

March 21st, 2013, 09:11 PM
I didn't think it was a big deal and I didn't really use it until he was moving and then he slept more with us.'

March 21st, 2013, 10:40 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I personally didnt like this one at all and it seemed real unsturdy.

Walmart Mobile
DD slept in one of these some nights....the botom does rock but it has a kickstand so it can recline backwards and the kickstand makes it sturdy so it doesnt rock. I ALWAYS buckled her in but thats just me. The toy bar is removeable and its a vibrating bouncer...which babys love....heck Id sleep in a vibrating chair about now lol. And as they age they can use it as a rocking chair so you get more than 4 months use out of it. And they run about 40 bucks depending on where you buy one.

March 22nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is the one we registered for:

http://www.buybuybaby.com/regProduct...&sku=40053011&

I liked it because it could go from a napper to a sort of bouncy seat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search